Gunfighter's Post-Op Platinum Popping Project

Hi all!

I am on this site daily, looking things up, reading various topics, posts, all in all just generally creeping. I contribute here and there.

I will be having surgery to repair a torn ACL on December 27th and kind of wanted to do something to take my mind off of being nervous about the procedure (I know it's not a serious thing, compared to other possible operations I could be having). I thought of starting a challenge for myself and the offering of this challenge to all you fine folks in hopes of this possibly being interesting to others. 

I must also admit that I am a teacher and just started winter break today (woohoo!), so I am off of work from now until technically January 8th. With the procedure, however, it is very likely that I will miss some work (and at this point in time I am planning on taking off the first week, at least.)

This leaves me with the time-line of December 28th (not going to count my day back from surgery as I have no idea how I will feel) until January 15th (so ending on the night of the 14th). I am hoping, by that time, I will be able to drive and come back to work. 

I have an extensive backlog and am a pseudo-completionist. I have purchased various digital titles over the past few years when they have been too cheap to pass up. I thought of trying to earn a platinum a day with some of these games would not only boost my completion percentage, it would raise my platinum count, and help reduce some backlog slog. 

Working from the time-frame I listed above - that gives me 18 days, and at least 18 platinum trophies I would need to earn. 

I tend to write a lot - so I'm going to stop typing as much and outline how I envision it can look for you all to contribute as well!

Rules

• If entered, you are highly encouraged to provide updates on your progress. If you want to do a daily post, that should be fine. I might do every 3rd day or 6th day or something to that effect. 
  • Any system is available, I own all of PS4, PS3, and VITA. Most of, if not all of, my plats will probably come from PS4.
  • You are not limited to how many you want to earn in a day. If you want to pop multiple, that's fine, but the goal is to try and get one a day.
  • For a game to be counted, please have it at no more than 25% completion. Almost all of the games I have in mind are going to be started from 0%.
  • Games should be synched daily, please don't hold off until the last day or something. If I'm going to continue my creeping ways, I want to see your progress! 
  • Have fun!

In the effort to finally shut-up, I am going to post a tentative list of games I have to choose from. This is more than 18 and is intentional to give myself some flexibility. I am confident in being able to complete any of these in 1 day. 

Spoiler
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
  • Virginia
  • Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary
  • Siegecraft Commander
  • Teslagrad
  • Walking Dead New Frontier
  • N.E.R.O
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Minecraft Story Mode
  • Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations
  • Undertale
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead
  • Goosebumps
  • Hitman GO
  • Laura Croft GO
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure
  • Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion
  • Tales From the Borderlands

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Nice list, you should be able to pull this off easily :)

Had knee surgery at the end of October myself, but couldn't find any

motivation to make any sort of dent in my backlog. 

Happy hunting :highfive:

Hopefully I can maintain my motivation, hah! Thank you for the support :D

• Like 1