The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Pitch Perfect 2.

It was *not* what I'd hoped for; I'm really disappointed by it. I love Pitch Perfect, I can watch it over and over and still find it funny, but PP2? Well, I ended up leaving the cinema about halfway through, because I couldn't stand continually cringing and I wasn't enjoying myself at all. Had I actually paid for it I might've stuck around and forced myself through to the end, but I got the ticket with points from my Odeon Premiere card, so I didn't feel compelled to endure.

The only other film I've ever left before the end at the cinema was the last Harry Potter film, and that was because I hate the epilogue in any form and didn't care to see it. I don't make a habit of going to see films I don't think I'll like, or stuff I know I'll be bored by...

I was expecting to really enjoy this one, but I couldn't. The "jokes" are clichéd and repetitive, the constant brick jokes about Beca's unwilling attraction to a girl she otherwise can't stand feel (unlike the lesbian subtext and actual text in the previous film) forced and artificial, and where Beca & Chloë actually had chemistry together these two do *not*. The whole film feels like it's trying too hard, and it fails. :( 4/10 at best.