The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

084850.46842050.jpg

The Lorax was a cute movie and the Kids loved it. I still don't really like 3D movies though... they are just not that 3D; I think the opening sequences and developer logos clips (seen before the actual movie starts) are the best 3D i've seen, haha.

The Grey was the last movie I saw. Absolute thriller. Epic movie with felt emotion, and a developed philosophy. The characters are all very interesting. Day one purchase when it comes out on Bluray for me. 10/10 . Liam Neeson is an absolute Rambo in this but in a mannered realistic way. Favorite quote in the movie:

Ottway: Do something...do something. You faulty prick, fraudulent motherfucker. DO SOMETHING! FUCK FAITH! EARN IT! SHOW ME SOMETHING REAL! I NEED IT NOW, NOT LATER! Do something and I'll believe in you until the day I die, I swear. I'm calling on you, I'M CALLING ON YOU! Fuck it, I'll do it myself.

human_centipede_2_poster_a_p.jpg

This movie is an absolute and total failure!

Whereas The Human Centipede (first sequence) was disturbing and disgusting, it also had a morbid curiosity "feel" to it as well.

The Human Centipede 2 (second sequence) was just friggin' stupid beyond belief, acting that is beyond abysmal, a storyline that was put together more sloppily than the "centipede" created on film, and just a piss-poor film all the way around. There was no shock value but plenty of disgusting, low-grade crap that tried to pass itself off as a "disturbing shocker".

I could not even recommend this celluloid piece of crap to those who love gore-based films as this movie is just so utterly piss-poor all you would do is waste 90 minutes or so of your time.

The choice to film in black & white to add "atmosphere" is also horrendous and shows how very little the director actually knows about making good film. The nuances of black and white film (traditionally), rely not on the subject matter, the the play between the subject matter and the deep, dark shadows that black & white is best known for. In the case of The Human Centipede 2, everything was over-exposed and used too high a contrast, thus losing the intent of black & white footage. In the world of celluloid, that serves up the exact opposite effect of what most talented movie makers use black & white film-stock for.

Typical low-grade film that tries to hide its misgivings with a few disgusting scenes...and it even failed at that.

0.25/10