The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I just watched speed racer. The whole time I was watching it, I could not help but think that the whole concept of this movie was stupid. The drama was needless, the acting seemed forced, the twists were clear from a mile away, the racing was over the top and repetitive by the end ... All that, and yet somehow I absolutely LOVED this movie. I have no idea why, everything about it should have made me hate it, and yet I want to watch it again. I honestly can't say I understand why.

ASM-DOM-IN3D-1SHEET-jpg_234204.jpg

Awful. I wasn't a huge fan of the Toby Maguire trilogy by any means, but the reboot makes the last trilogy looks like masterpieces. Maybe it was just me (although my Wife wasn't particularly fond of this one either) but I felt no one in the movie did a very good job with their role and a lot of scenes were really awkward and strange, even when they weren't supposed to be. This movie seemed like it was just trying to cash in on the superhero plot even though the older ones pretty much started the trend) rather than trying to create a well written and acted movie.

Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Parker

• Like 1

I just saw Total Recall. Really amazing special effects, but the movie itself wasn't very good. Kinda entertaining, cool to look at, but poorly executed.

that disappoints me. we wanted to give the baby to grand parents to go see that this week... maybe batman will be a better choice.

watched John Carter this morning. meh

DetentionPoster.jpg

I liked it alot but I can't recommend this movie to anyone unless I know what they like. It's a great film but it's not for everyone, if that makes sense?

Also saw Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake) and [REC] 2 and actually they were better than I thought they would be. Night is campy fun while [REC] is just scary!

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.

Huge fan of Westerns, especially Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Western's and that is one of the best. I also watched Gran Torino earlier this week, another fantastic Eastwood movie. Hell, anything Clint Eastwood is in or directs ends up being amazing.

Parker

You and I should grab a beer and a movie one of these days. Well said.

Gantz 9/10

B0050MB5JI01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The beginning kinda follows the anime but is sort of altered. The first group of people that Kei and Kato meet aren't douchebags like the ones in the anime. Movie starts a bit slow with the Green Onion Alien (which looks awesome), but it picks up once it gets to the Tanaka Alien. Action packed movie with good acting and tons of blood. I recommend this to any fan of anime/manga. Gantz is like Yu Yu Hakusho meets The Matrix (idfk). I didn't have high expectations, but this movie surprised me.