The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on television Friday, followed up by At World's End on Saturday and On Stranger Tides on Sunday. I liked them all, although I thought more of the first and last than the middle one.

Needless to say I started playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag last weekend.

MV5BMTM2MjY1NzMxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ1

Ip Man 2 (2010)

While not terrible, it pales in comparison to the first film in the trilogy. The once seemingly invincible Master Yip, master of the legendary Bruce Lee, mind you, seems very out of character and amateurish in the face of western boxing as if it's one of the most formidable martial arts ever, even when subjected to rules out of its element in a near-parody of Rocky IV, with a similar plot, theme, and an even more ridiculous villain. 

MY SCORE:

5/10

I've been watching movies all week... Let's see.

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - It was a good movie, I wish some of the side characters would of spoken some swedish between each other so it would of given the movie a better feel where it actually takes place. The main character dude was a total piece of shit though.

Psycho - I should probably be embarrassed that I've never seen this before, but now it's out of the way. It was a good movie, I predicted what was gonna happen early on, but it was still enjoyable until the end.

Se7en - I own the DVD and I've seen it before. I still don't get whats so amazing about this film. It's good, but it's not as good as everyone makes it out to be. I think it loses alot of it's gredibility at the end when Brad Pitt starts yelling "Whats in the boooooowwwxx?? Whats in the boooooxxx? It's so silly... :P

Shutter Island - Didn't like it too much. I realize they tried to feed me this awesome mindfuck story, but I just never bought into it.

The Usual Suspect - Great film. It's the kind of mystery you have to focus on a little when you watch it. I was grinding a game at the sametime so I feel like I might have missed something.

Rear Window - Another classic I've never seen so I took this chance to educate myself. I didn't really like this movie though. I felt the main character was dull and kind of a total brick =D The mystery it self wasn't all that interesting in my opinion. It had some moments I liked, but overall it left me cold.

Whiplash - Fucking. Amazing. As some sort of a musician I find this movie very inspiring and powerful. I Recommend it for everyone who has a dream or a goal. 10/10.

Edited by LovesAnInjection
  • Like 1

Se7en - I own the DVD and I've seen it before. I still don't get whats so amazing about this film. It's good, but it's not as good as everyone makes it out to be. I think it loses alot of it's gredibility at the end when Brad Pitt starts yelling "Whats in the boooooowwwxx?? Whats in the boooooxxx? It's so silly... :P

You either love it (Se7en is in my top 3 movies ever and has been for over a decade now) or not, can't really explain what's so great about it. The overall depressing atmosphere of a rainy city, perfect opening with Nine Inch Nails mindfukking music, great performances by the best trio in the world (Pitt, Spacey and Freeman - jesus F christ you can't tell me they're not brilliant in this movie), one of the BEST endings ever (he knew what was inside that box, just could not comprehend how easily his world fell apart in a matter of minutes... don't know how you could find that silly, it was disturbing, depressing and Pitt's performance in that scene is top notch), Paradise Lost, Canterbury Tales and other literary masterpieces mixed into the movie... I can go on for an entire night, just bring a few bottles of vodka, we'll sit down and have a long chat and I'll make a fan of Se7en out of you ;P It REALLY is that good, people tend to say it's overrated, but it really isn't.

Edited by NarcissusBaz

You either love it (Se7en is in my top 3 movies ever and has been for over a decade now) or not, can't really explain what's so great about it. The overall depressing atmosphere of a rainy city, perfect opening with Nine Inch Nails mindfukking music, great performances by the best trio in the world (Pitt, Spacey and Freeman - jesus F christ you can't tell me they're not brilliant in this movie), one of the BEST endings ever (he knew what was inside that box, just could not comprehend how easily his world fell apart in a matter of minutes... don't know how you could find that silly, it was disturbing, depressing and Pitt's performance in that scene is top notch), Paradise Lost, Canterbury Tales and other literary masterpieces mixed into the movie... I can go on for an entire night, just bring a few bottles of vodka, we'll sit down and have a long chat and I'll make a fan of Se7en out of you ;P It REALLY is that good, people tend to say it's overrated, but it really isn't.

I agree that Kevin Spacey does a great role in the movie, I think it's good, but nothing too special.

the-big-lebowski-movie-poster-1998-10204

The Big LebowskiI'm not gonna lie, I wasn't a fan of the film when I first saw it about 10 years ago. But I was also younger and didn't really get it. Now that I'm older and (hopefully) a little wiser, I got it more and also enjoyed it more. Do I still think it's a bit overrated? Yes. But I do see why people like it and why it has such a cult following. The characters are actually amazing and easily the best part of the film for me. The story is somewhat wonky, but the writing makes it up for it with some really memorable dialogue. Worth another watch. 7,7/10

Edited by QuinlanLJ
  • Like 1