The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

220px-Prometheusposterfixed.jpg

Prometheus

MV5BMTM2NTIzMDQ0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ3NTM0OA@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Grave Encounters 2 (What a piece of shit)

Thought Prometheus was interesting and worth a second viewing where as GE2 was downright terrible. The first GE was meh but creepy until it went berserk towards the ending but GE2 was boring, uninteresting, and just a waste of my time. It's the definition of BULLSHIT.

I really like Blue Sky studios. I've enjoyed all 4 Ice Age's, I LOVED Rio, so that left 2 films by Blue Sky I hadn't seen. One of them I saw last night on Sky Movies,

THIS one

220px-Horton_a_who.jpg

I enjoyed it. Some great voice talents, hilarious (if sometimes a bit silly) humour, and as always, top notch animation. The ending did seem a bit sudden though, but that's a mild complaint.

Now if I can find Robots,and I enjoy that too, then I'll enjoyed all of Blue Sky's films. I'm looking forward to their upcoming releases too. 'Epic' comes out next year, and Rio 2 (Yeeeee! :D ) in 2014.

Infact, in my mind Blue Sky and Pixar are waging war for who gets to be my fave animation studio.

220px-Abraham_Lincoln_-_Vampire_Hunter_Poster.jpg

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

MV5BMTQzODkwNDQxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQ1ODAxOA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

The Expendables 2

MV5BOTgyNDU1MjU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc4Mzc1Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Lovely Molly

Abe and The Expendables 2 are probably my favorites of '12 and can't stressed on how much people should check out these films. Lovely Molly wasn't so fortuanate though. Lovely Molly SUCKS! Downright terrible and the only horror you'll get out of this film is knowing how much time you wasted "experiencing" this bullshit.

MV5BMTg2NDQyODAzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg5MDA3Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Tedious, poorly acted, and it really suited Saturday Night Shite Film Night that me and the missus appear to have been on since September.

This makes us 5 for 5. The others have been The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Safe, 27 Dresses and The Hunger Games.

Even knowing the songs was a pain in the ass - supposed to be set in 1987 More than Words was one of the big numbers and its from 1990. Not sure how I happened to know that, but I think its from a time when a mate of mine was into death metal and his mother bought him the Extreme cd as she though it was something like was on the posters in his room. The horrors of being 17 in 1990!

I believe we are going to try Prometheus this week. For those that have seen it is it a horror, scare the shite out of you like Alien or more Action with Shocks Aliens?

MV5BMTg2NDQyODAzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg5MDA3Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Tedious, poorly acted, and it really suited Saturday Night Shite Film Night that me and the missus appear to have been on since September.

This makes us 5 for 5. The others have been The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Safe, 27 Dresses and The Hunger Games.

Even knowing the songs was a pain in the ass - supposed to be set in 1987 More than Words was one of the big numbers and its from 1990. Not sure how I happened to know that, but I think its from a time when a mate of mine was into death metal and his mother bought him the Extreme cd as she though it was something like was on the posters in his room. The horrors of being 17 in 1990!

I believe we are going to try Prometheus this week. For those that have seen it is it a horror, scare the shite out of you like Alien or more Action with Shocks Aliens?

I've yet to see Alien or the sequels (I know! I'm guilty!!) but I felt the film was more of an exploration film. It's sort of it's own genre as it's not scary, not action-packed, but is more of it's own thing. Just see it for yourself, it's one of my favorites of '12.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1056144.jpg

Kick-Ass

Watched it for the 4th time the other day. It's undeniably the best superhero film. Hate me if you want, but The Dark Knight Rises can kiss my ass, it's the biggest disappointment in cinema and was really boring to watch. Filled with bad script writing at times and predictable as all hell can be, but props to Tom Hardy. He deserves all the good about the film as it's hard trying to replace Heath Ledger from his Oscar-worthy performance. As big as a Spidey fan I am, his best has to be the comics since he's films have downgraded... Anyways, I truly love this film. Love everything about it and it's sense of style. It has everything and everything fits in the right place for this film. Death, love, betrayal, and some fun as hell dialogue.

Can't wait for Kick-Ass 2!!!!!

• Like 2