The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I finished Star Wars 4-7.

So was Qui Gon right about Anakin?  Was he the chosen one who brought balance to the force?  He killed the emperor.  Sure, Luke 'killed' vader and 'regenerated' Anakin, but Anakin brought down the sith. Hmmm...

7 was a let down for me.  The acting wasn't great.   Most of Han's scenes were cheesy (especially the rathtar monsters) Too many cliches (a new bigger badder death star 3.0, a jedi turned dark).  The development (characters/backstories) was poor.  The girl 'realizing' powers doesnt sit well with me.  Luke, the most powerful jedi, had to be trained, yet she doesn't know a thing and is more powerful than Kylo ("an apprentice" of sorts).  And he seems to have more powerful than anyone before.  These just further my point on the movie's poor development and need to have everything bigger, better, badder, etc, ruins the quality of the story.

Han better not come back, that would be stupid.

• Like 1

3uiQoRtg.png

I finished Star Wars 4-7.

So was Qui Gon right about Anakin?  Was he the chosen one who brought balance to the force?  He killed the emperor.  Sure, Luke 'killed' vader and 'regenerated' Anakin, but Anakin brought down the sith. Hmmm...

Yeah, Anakin killed the Emperor, which brought balance to the force. He fulfilled the Prophecy. He is the Chosen One.

• Like 3

Doctor Strange.

Gotta say, I was disappointed. After re-reading the Steve Ditko run, I had high hopes for the special effects team to re-create some of his awesome dimensions. Instead, they used the same "rotate the buildings" effect over and over. Benny Cumberbatch was a good enough choice, but the character itself was clumsily written (and Cumberbatch's butchering of the sound of the American "R" got really annoying). Mordo should have been a bad guy throughout.

The end with Dormammu was clever, and at times, the movie showed heart, but mostly, it felt like yet another skin for that screenplay that I swear is just called "Marvel Hero Movie". This could have been anyone's origin story, with the same once-snappy-but-now-trite dialogue that's been in effect since the original Iron Man.

• Like 2