The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

the last movie i saw was "Trust". my mom rented it on DVD. it was about a girl, who met this one guy online, and he said he was 16, then he said he was 20, then he said he was 26, then it turned out hes 40, and they did stuff in a hotel room, and so on.. ;x

I saw The Adjustment Bureau last night. It was honesty just OK in my opinion. I couldn't really figure out the tone of the movie. Sometimes it was a romantic comedy, sometimes it was action, sometimes it was a mystery. I didn't think acting was anything amazing either, but it was alright.

The Drawn Together Movie:The Movie!

I'm a fan of the show so I liked the movie as well. I'm really disappointed this show got cancelled because I think it's a whole lot better than most of the crap on TV now. Family Guy can't hold a candle to Drawn Together (I despise the show Family Guy) and I think Drawn Together is more consistently funny than South Park. Ah well, at least I can watch the whole series whenever I want on Netflix.

Parker

I watched Moulin Rouge tonight. Well more like re-watched. :P I used to watch that movie all the time when I was really young. Looking back on it, it actually has a lot of adult themes that I shouldn't have seen when I was like 4 years old, but I didn't understand the story or what the song "Roxanne" was even about at the time, so I just used to love it for the music. So yeah, now after re-watching it, I quite liked it. :) And now I have "Come What May" stuck in my head. :P

I watched Moulin Rouge tonight. Well more like re-watched. :P I used to watch that movie all the time when I was really young. Looking back on it, it actually has a lot of adult themes that I shouldn't have seen when I was like 4 years old, but I didn't understand the story or what the song "Roxanne" was even about at the time, so I just used to love it for the music. So yeah, now after re-watching it, I quite liked it. :) And now I have "Come What May" stuck in my head. :P

You'd get along with my wife. She absolutely loves that movie, and gets furious with me because every time she turns it on I leave the room. I don't expect her to watch Smokey and the Bandit so she shouldn't expect me to watch damn musicals!

And to keep the post form being off topic:

Smokey and the Bandit. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Parker

You'd get along with my wife. She absolutely loves that movie, and gets furious with me because every time she turns it on I leave the room. I don't expect her to watch Smokey and the Bandit so she shouldn't expect me to watch damn musicals!

And to keep the post form being off topic:

Smokey and the Bandit. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Parker

Nicole Kidman is hot in that movie. Do I need a better reason to keep watching it? :P But I do like the music and story too. :ninja:

My last movies were:

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D - Not bad plot wise, more like the original, however suffered from a Lord of the Rings ending, yeesh. Lots of action, but not enough transforming for my liking. Oh and the director's pimping of the new lead acress was WAY over the top, unless you're 14, put those eyes back in Mr. 3D has some good parts here and there, but quickly forgot I was watching it in 3D. Overall, OK.

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D - "The Epic Conclusion", hmm.. I'd say the conclusion of an Epic... personally very anti-climax for me, literally I was like... "That's it?" I don't know, I expectd more from the final fight somehow. Where as Part 1 was annoying just the 3 kids running around from campsite to campsite, this time they're shutins at Hogwarts. I think they forgot they were filming in 3D after they were finished in the bank. Overall, as a final film, dissapointing, as a sole film, it was ok.

Cars 2 3D - Really good, story and characters, little dissapointed with the obvious ending, and lack of parts of the original characters, however it did live up to the original and was possibly an improvement, which I was not expecting. 3D was also very good, and while there was a lot of fast paced action it was still very clear to watch. Overall, really good.

Arrietty - You may not know this one it's the latest film from the Studio Gibli collection, their previous work has been Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo. Japanease animation at it's finest, unfortunately these don't tend to last long at the cinema, and I highly recommend any of these films and more, ideally in the cinema or if not then they're all on DVD. Arrietty marks a ecided change in direction for the Studio, sure the animation, music, sounds and hard work is all the same, high quality, but using Mary Norton's Borrowers as the story shows they're attemptin to appea to western markets, in fact they follow the book extremely closely, reminding me of the TV series and movie (the Hallmark one! Not the one with John Goodman in it), so I was a little dissapointed they didn't build on it more, although that would probably upset the fans of the book. Their previous movies such as Spirited Away and Hows Moving Castle and Ponyo sparked my childhood imagination again of the possibilities of creative stories and worlds, would have been nice to experience this again with Arrietty, but despite that an excellent addition to their collection (when I say they're very true to the book, it's obviously in japan, given the removing of shoes at the door and the boy's name being "Sho"). Studio Gibli has a long list of titles going back many years, which I recommend you see most, if not all of them.

What am I looking forward to next? Hmm.. not suer... can't say I'm drawn to Mr Popper's Penguins, Captain America (f' yeah! Sorry, I can't say that without hearing that Team A. reference in my head), Rise of the Planet of the Apes (idiots can't even keep to their continuity, how can the apes rise in our time when the astronaut in the first movie had futuristic technology? Argh!) or any of the others out there currently. Smurfs I think will be BAD, but since it's from my Childhood, my inner child will not forgive me if I don't go and see for myself.