The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I agree that Gran Torino is awesome. :D

I most recently watched Tim Burton's Batman from 1989, which comes damn close to being as good as The Dark Knight, which is a truly impressive feat.

I am sorry, but I was scrolling through the posts and saw this.......really? I am sorry but I HATED the early Batmans. I kept hoping they would get better. They were cheesy, juvenile and just plain nonsensical. That probably is why Nolan's trilogy is so beloved in my eyes. It is gritty and realistic and believable. Superhero movies should be realisitic and not cartoony IMO.

Looper ...great movie

I saw that in theaters.....it really was!!! I was not expecting the ending at all.

The Hunger Games

MV5BMjA4NDg3NzYxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgyNzkyNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I actually enjoyed that movie. Should I be ashamed?

Tomb Raider

Source Code

Think Like A Man

Man....Source Code really depressed me. You?

Johnson Family Vacation

220px-Family-vaca.jpg

Project X

220px-Project_X_Poster.jpg

In Time

215px-Intimefairuse.jpg

I did not think In Time would be as good as it was. It was original and highly entertaining. My fingers are crossed for a sequel although it is doubtful.

I saw that in theaters.....it really was!!! I was not expecting the ending at all.

I actually enjoyed that movie. Should I be ashamed?

Man....Source Code really depressed me. You?

I did not think In Time would be as good as it was. It was original and highly entertaining. My fingers are crossed for a sequel although it is doubtful.

I guess if you payed close enough attention the ending wouldn't have been surprising but I was so into it that I didn't expect it either. (Looper)

No you shouldn't be ashamed, man! I enjoyed it as well, didn't think I would. (Hunger Games)

As for Source Code... It didn't depress me but I understood it.

The idea of In Time was awesome but Timberlake's acting was a bit rubbish at the beginning but it got better. All in all, good movie.

I guess if you payed close enough attention the ending wouldn't have been surprising but I was so into it that I didn't expect it either. (Looper)

No you shouldn't be ashamed, man! I enjoyed it as well, didn't think I would. (Hunger Games)

As for Source Code... It didn't depress me but I understood it.

The idea of In Time was awesome but Timberlake's acting was a bit rubbish at the beginning but it got better. All in all, good movie.

I would have simply given you a like, but I'm out for the day. Anyway, I completely agree with your ascertations. I'm semi looking forward to Catching Fire.

• Like 1

I am sorry, but I was scrolling through the posts and saw this.......really? I am sorry but I HATED the early Batmans. I kept hoping they would get better. They were cheesy, juvenile and just plain nonsensical. That probably is why Nolan's trilogy is so beloved in my eyes. It is gritty and realistic and believable. Superhero movies should be realisitic and not cartoony IMO.

I must agree that the later trilogy was better for me, but I have a different reason for not liking the beginning series. Batman killed people in it. His main point was always that he never killed anyone, yet most of the thugs he met in those movies, he did something that would almost surely kill them. Almost made the movies un-watchable to me.

I must agree that the later trilogy was better for me, but I have a different reason for not liking the beginning series. Batman killed people in it. His main point was always that he never killed anyone, yet most of the thugs he met in those movies, he did something that would almost surely kill them. Almost made the movies un-watchable to me.

I never thought of that! Now that I do, it really is a turn-off. Speaking of Nolan's trilogy. I am expecting the limited blu-ray trilogy set today in the mail!!!! :D If anyone is interested, it is just $36 dollars on Amazon. I true steal as it has 3 movies, 5 discs, slick packaging, and a behind the scenes book.

http://www.amazon.co... batman trilogy71mLoEHyNXL._AA1500_.jpg

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

You do realize you're contradciting yourself, right? Superheroes are, by default, unrealistic (Batman being a prime example) and, during their conception, were, by default, cartoony. Times might've changed and Batman's look and the way people perceive him as a superhero since Miller might've made him "grittier" and all that, but he's still unrealistic as fuck, and Nolan's movies still prove that point.

You do realize you're contradciting yourself, right? Superheroes are, by default, unrealistic (Batman being a prime example) and, during their conception, were, by default, cartoony. Times might've changed and Batman's look and the way people perceive him as a superhero since Miller might've made him "grittier" and all that, but he's still unrealistic as fuck, and Nolan's movies still prove that point.

I disagree. I have never liked comic books or cartoony super hero movies (except for the Incredibles :P ) I want realistic super heroes. Super heroes like Batman, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (the process from which he was created is believable). Maybe I'm not clear enough. I want movies that portray believable super heroes in real life relatable settings and cities. That's all I'm saying. :D

• Like 1

I disagree. I have never liked comic books or cartoony super hero movies (except for the Incredibles :P ) I want realistic super heroes. Super heroes like Batman, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk (the process from which he was created is believable). Maybe I'm not clear enough. I want movies that portray believable super heroes in real life relatable settings and cities. That's all I'm saying. :D

You're one big bag of contradictions dude! Batman is unreal. No man can take the beatings he does, no one can sprint for as long as he does, no one can fight with broken ribs and, in the case of the Nolan movies, no one can have his broken spine heal like that lol.

Now, Iron Man. No one can infuse himself with his armor, no one can get hit like he does (armor or not) and keep walking and the armor itself is unrealistic as hell.

Next? Captain America! He took a very unrealistic serum that made his body and abilities go beyond those of a human (i.e. superhuman), making him unrealistic. Even in the comics where the serum's effect ran out, his abilities and body are beyond the realm os possibility.

Now Hulk. That's not believable at all. It's been scientifically proven that if a human body suffers exposure to such an amount of gamma radiation, there'll barely be any human body left. The character was conceived back when there was still a lot of mystery behind radiation exposure, so of course one could've believed it decades ago, but nowadays, it's bollocks.

That's different, though. The characters themselves are unbelievable and unrealistic, and the settings they're at are as well by default, so having a realistic superhero movie is pretty much impossible.

Just seen Django, my new favorite movie.

You're one big bag of contradictions dude! Batman is unreal. No man can take the beatings he does, no one can sprint for as long as he does, no one can fight with broken ribs and, in the case of the Nolan movies, no one can have his broken spine heal like that lol.

Now, Iron Man. No one can infuse himself with his armor, no one can get hit like he does (armor or not) and keep walking and the armor itself is unrealistic as hell.

Next? Captain America! He took a very unrealistic serum that made his body and abilities go beyond those of a human (i.e. superhuman), making him unrealistic. Even in the comics where the serum's effect ran out, his abilities and body are beyond the realm os possibility.

Now Hulk. That's not believable at all. It's been scientifically proven that if a human body suffers exposure to such an amount of gamma radiation, there'll barely be any human body left. The character was conceived back when there was still a lot of mystery behind radiation exposure, so of course one could've believed it decades ago, but nowadays, it's bollocks.

That's different, though. The characters themselves are unbelievable and unrealistic, and the settings they're at are as well by default, so having a realistic superhero movie is pretty much impossible.

Again, you are just not getting the guy! :lol:

You are just taking his use of 'realistic' too far. I understand what he's trying to say. Batman began as a regular boy and underwent special training. Now Galactus or Thanos? That's pretty unreal, but AWESOME.

Edited by xWSPx420x

A couple things:

Batman, yes the spine thing was stupid.

Iron mans suit is not as unrealistic as you place it. We have already built exo-skeletons that augment strength and agility. They are much bigger, but they are also in their early stages, and there is no reason to assume they cannot be compressed. As for the hits he takes, all it would take is for his armor to be able to diffuse force. We have Kevlar vests that diffuse the impact of a bullet to the point where you just get a bruise or possibly a broken rib. There is no reason to assume that is the end of that road. It can be done better.

The only thing unrealistic about Captain America is the shield (which isn't to say that it isn't ever possible, just not within the known world or future currently). The serum is not ridiculous, the only thing that is off about it is how quick it took effect. Genetic manipulation is not unheard of even as we exist today, and it will only get more precise and powerful.

The Hulk is the only one of those that is not possible, nor will it ever be possible in what science currently understands about radiation.

As for a realistic superhero being impossible, watch Super, or Kick Ass.

A couple things:

Iron mans suit is not as unrealistic as you place it. We have already built exo-skeletons that augment strength and agility. They are much bigger, but they are also in their early stages, and there is no reason to assume they cannot be compressed. As for the hits he takes, all it would take is for his armor to be able to diffuse force. We have Kevlar vests that diffuse the impact of a bullet to the point where you just get a bruise or possibly a broken rib. There is no reason to assume that is the end of that road. It can be done better.

The only thing unrealistic about Captain America is the shield (which isn't to say that it isn't ever possible, just not within the known world or future currently). The serum is not ridiculous, the only thing that is off about it is how quick it took effect. Genetic manipulation is not unheard of even as we exist today, and it will only get more precise and powerful.

As for a realistic superhero being impossible, watch Super, or Kick Ass.

You're forgetting all the bogus science supprting the armor's power, though. In the case of the movies, the power source is very far-fetched, and in the Comic continuity, it is taken to even greater exaggerations. But I'll leave it at that, since I can't remember all the bogus specifications they've given that thing in all these decades.

The serum is unrealistic. Otherwise, there'd be some sort of super soldiers around since the Cold War or something similar due to all the experimentation the US and the USSR did. Also, again, it gave him superhuman abilities, i.e., abilities beyond those of a human, which is unrealistic for a human being. And the creation of the Shield is possible, true, however, I can hardly see a real version of it bouncing off walls or flying so steadily at the face of an enemy.

I've read Kick Ass, and there are a few things that I can hardly see happening in real life. I mean, Hit Girl got shot with who knows how many bullets, fell through a window and hit the floor from quite a considerably distance that would've broken a quite few of her bones, yet she comes out of nowhere, unscratched thanks to a bullet-proof vest (which we all know aren't 100% bullet-proof) and with her body in pretty much perfect condition. That's unrealistic lol. The comic itself my try to take a more realistic approach, but there are a few things that don't fall into that category.

Edited by Nagflar