The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

1. solo_a_star_wars_story.jpg

The film was a lot better than I anticipated. Alden did an excellent job at portraying a young and arrogant Han Solo. The Last Jedi may not have did the fans justice, but Solo certainly changes that perspective for the better. Donald Glover also did excellent in portraying a young Lando Calrissian. This movie really answers a lot of questions about Han Solo's past and how he came to be the famous smuggler in the entire galaxy. A must watch for all Star Wars fans. 

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 4

On 5/25/2018 at 11:22 PM, marvelboy10 said:

1. solo_a_star_wars_story.jpg

The film was a lot better than I anticipated. Alden did an excellent job at portraying a young and arrogant Han Solo. The Last Jedi may not have did the fans justice, but Solo certainly changes that perspective for the better. Donald Glover also did excellent in portraying a young Lando Calrissian. This movie really answers a lot of questions about Han Solo's past and how he came to be the famous smuggler in the entire galaxy. A must watch for all Star Wars fans. 

This.  And I agree entirely.

• Like 1

Don’t often add to this thread, but I saw Swiss Army Man last night, and feel like I need to express just how much I enjoyed it.

Very odd film, but genuinely brilliant, and enjoyable the entire way through. Never seen Daniel Radcliffe in anything before this, but he was excellent playing the ‘not-quite-dead’ corpse, and Paul Dano was excellent as usual.

See it!

Saw Solo: A Star Wars Story. Some thoughts -

1. Alden was too passive to be Han Solo (not even bringing up his lack of similarities to Harrison Ford) In virtually every scene he was in with other actors those actors overshadowed him. 

2. L337 was fucking retarded. 

3. Watching a Star Wars movie without Jedi/the Force is like watching a superhero movie with no superheroes in it.

4. The movie takes some time to build up and the pacing afterwards is inconsistent at best.

5. Answers questions no one asked. How did Han get his last name? (Corny) How did Han get his blaster? (Dont care) A full plotpoint on the Kessel Run, something alluded to in passing in Episode IV. C'mon Disney, on one hand you say "Let the past die, kill it if you have to" but they don't hesitate to milk the past any way they can.

I loved Han Solo's character in the original trilogy, he would always surprise. Whether he was telling Luke "Dont get cocky" instead of congratulating him on shooting down a TIE fighter or responding "I know" when Leia professed her love for him, you never knew what to expect from him. Not this movie. It was a safe, by-the-numbers movie that shares trivia that in my opinion diminishes the mystique of the character.

One reviewer said he felt Solo was like watching a wikipedia page on the big screen. I believe that is an apt description.

• Like 1