The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Once Upon A Time In The West (1968) re-watched this gem of a Western. The acting, the cinematography, the score, all just top notch! If you have not seen it definitely check it out I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it.

5 out of 5 Stars ^-^   

Once Upon A Time In The West Poster, Prog, 1968, Frank McCarthy

Edited by AnimatedAmateur

I watched the Possession of Hannah Grace just last weekend. Despite the very negative reviews, I enjoyed it! It had an interesting setting, had characters you were invested in, you felt bad for the deaths that happen which is really rare for me in horror movies, and it's not even an exorcism movie, it explores what happens if that fails and how much pressure it puts on the people involved in it. Which, from my knowledge, wasn't really done before, at least in the way this movie does.

It's set in an drop-in morgue where ambulances drop off dead bodies and stuff, which in itself, I haven't seen from a movie before, it shows some interesting things our main character needs to do for her job at the morgue, and if this is what all night morgue workers, I wouldn't mind working at one lol xD.

There are a lot of conflicting things the main character deals with, like dealing with stress in ways that make the other characters think the actual danger she is in is all in her head. 

My biggest problem with the movie is... it's not scary. Sure, a newbie movie watcher might be paranoid for the rest of the night after watching this, but I found most of the scares, and kills pretty predictable, and or, nothing gutwretching, sudden (unless you count jump scares). Speaking about kills, none of them are that creative, and a lot of the time the movie leads you into believing something bigger is going to happen and it just... doesn't, the deaths are more like, "No this person is going to die :(" instead of making your heart race. 

Overall, if you're looking to go see a new spin on the 'possession' genre, go see this movie! A lot of people bashed on this movie, and most of the time, I see why, but with this movie, I honestly believe it's one of the better movies from 2018 (although I haven't watched many this year)

Edited by FrostIsFurious

incre.jpg?w=336&h=498

In the continuing line of incredibly (heh) delayed Pixar sequels rehashing the original's plot, we have Incredibles 2. On the one hand, I did have fun watching it. On the other, that may be because I only payed $2 to see it.

I won't spoil anything (at least, I'll try), but it case you are wondering how serious I am with the whole rehashing thing, I'll ask you to think of a plot point, ANY plot point, from the first. Chances are, it is repeated here with a few tweaks and resulting in the same or very similar results. But hey, all that time resulted in better visuals, more epic action scenes, and it WAS nice to see these characters again. I like to think the kids stole the show here, because at least the movie was able to kinda distract from the retread of one-parent-working-while-the-other-doesn't-but-then-trouble.

Welp, here's to another 14 year wait. For what, I dunno, but that's how long I'm sure it will be.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 1