The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I seen Toystory 4 and volcano the LasAngeles's one with Tommy Lee jones. Updated one. Just seen zombieland 2. Loved it as much as the first one

Edited by lucky0ne16

p_toystory4_inhome_ddt-18133_f7a24937.jp

So this was a pretty big surprise for me, in that I actually did enjoy it for the most part. It was also in some important ways exactly what I expected.

What I enjoyed about it first and foremost were the visuals. This is a gorgeous looking movie; every single scene was just amazing to look at. The plot itself also was a favorite of mine; sure you could argue that the stakes are pretty low and familiar, but there were enough twists here and there that I actually was invested in what happened. The jokes are all great as well, and it was refreshing to see some visual gags and wordplay that didn't revolve around a character rambling on and on awkwardly or screaming to distract you from the fact that nothing funny actually happened. 

Now, what I DIDN'T like, and what I had pegged about this movie (which ended up being the reason I waited this long to see it) were the emotional moments.

I may be alone in thinking this, but I kinda wish this movie WAS just a throwaway cash grab, and 90 min sequence of gags and colors, because outside of the pre-title scene, NONE of the sad sappy moments by themselves resonated at all.

Which leads us to the very-much rushed ending. What happens at the end is pretty major for the story and characters, and yet its treated like they entire cast both new AND old barely met a few days ago. There was no sense of comraderie or personal history from anybody that would logically make it hard for them to say goodbye, and yet none of them had any problem letting go.

"Ah, but Red, that was one of the messages."

True, but I think there is a HUGE difference in FINALLY letting go of someone who has been gone for an extended period of time, as opposed to SUDDENLY letting go of someone whose been with you as long as the audience remembers because the movie dictates it needs to happen. I wanna spoil this movie so much, but I won't. I'll just sum it up by saying that I felt NONE of the attempts at tearjerkers and sad goodbyes were justified. AT ALL.

Overall, I did have fun with the movie when the movie was about having fun. All other moments were just unnecessary, rushed, badly written, and all-around stupid. All that's left now is counting down to Toy Story 5, because I KNOW they are gonna try and walk this back sooner or later.

Edited by RedRodriguez87