The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

9 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

[...] does feel like the movie should've been split into a part 1 and part 2 like Infinity War and Endgame was.

That was my feeling as well. To me it seemed as if J.J.Abrams had a trilogy planned out but in the end he only got two films to explain the story since Rian Johnson could not be bothered to put a significant amount of plot into the Last Jedi.

I watched episode IX last night and the most entertainment I got out of it came definitely from the audience which had some strong opinions about some scenes :D

Edited by RachelCharlotte

Yesterday alone I watched Jimmy's Hall (Loach, 2014) on BD, went to see The Lighthouse (Eggers, 2019) at the cinema, and that made me want to play my Mutiny on the Bounty (Milestone, 1962) BD once I was back :) Guess I wasn't in a gaming mood...

MV5BNTk0NDk4MzIzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjMwMV5BZmE0MGJhNmYtOWNjYi00Njc5LWE2YjEtMWMxMV5BZGYyNDUwYjAtMTk5OC00NjQwLTg1ZDctNTE4

Also far from the last one I saw, but a few weeks ago I managed to see Taika Waititi's Jojo Rabbit during a film festival. Dare I say that I loved every (rab)bit? Seriously, though, I thought it was a blast.

MV5BZjU0Yzk2MzEtMjAzYy00MzY0LTg2YmItM2Rk

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

OK, I swear this has been an accident...but over the last couple months I have begun to notice a pattern in my movies.

I watched Toy Story with my nieces and I remembered that the guy who played the head toy soldier used to be a real drill sergeant and decided "I should rewatch Full Metal Jacket as he was awesome in the first half of that movie."

After watching Full Metal Jacket I wanted to rewatch the 1st episode of Band of Brothers as it is an hour of the army training and it compares to Full Metal Jackets' opening. I haven't watched Band of Brothers in a long time so I decided to watch the whole series.

That guy was basically the entire movie for me. I enjoyed the later portions of Full Metal Jacket where they are fighting in the Vietnam War, but it lost a bit of luster for me after that crazed private soldier shot the drill sergeant and then committed suicide.

Lee Emery later did the show Mail Call, which I really enjoyed since he answered questions from fans who wanted to know trivia regarding the wars and weapons America used throughout it's history. I loved that man. Great guy with a great sense of humor and a great actor. A real shame he is gone.

MV5BN2Y0NWRkNWItZWEwNi00MDNlLWJmZDYtNTkw

It's not only a Christmas classic, but one of the most reverent adaptations of Dickens' timeless work... hell, it may be one of my favourite literary adaptations, full stop.

The effortless ease with which it mixes up the proceedings with the Muppets' trademark vaudevillian revivalist brand of comedy, without losing a single solitary nanoangstrom of its emotional resonance--if not downright enhancing it altogether--is nothing short of staggering.

Add to that one of the strongest lineups of songs in recent movie musical history (it would have had yet one more awesome song if not for the incompetence of that soulless asshat Katzenberg) courtesy of my boy and yours, Paul Hamilton Williams, Jr. and you have a true yuletide treasure that somehow keeps getting better every time you watch it.

You might say I had never truly felt the story as much as I did when these inexplicably charming glassy-eyed puppets with no respect for the fourth wall came along and worked their magic. But is it the best Henson-produced Christmas special? Bear with me...

• Like 1

220px-Die_Hard_2.jpg

Die Hard 2: Die Harder

It was on WGN, so the language was cut- though most if not all of the violence was actually uncensored. When John says "Yippee Kai Yea mother-" it just cuts off. I've also seen that other TV edited version with "Yippee Kai Yea Mr. Falcon" dubbed in by some voice actor who sounds hilariously like a bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator. That part was so bad it was good... it had me laughing so hard I started to get teary.

This is a worthy follow-up to the first one IMO, but the sequels after this don't quite measure up. They're alright... maybe it's that the first two just raise the bar so high.