The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

WW1984_VERT_Helmet_DOM_2764x4096.jpg

Been waiting to see this for a long time and was dissapointed by the numerous delays and I really wanted to see it in cinema's but WB dropped the ball in the UK so I couldn't but anyway I personally really enjoyed it's a completely difference experience to the first one but it's still a great experience.

saw WW84, I'm incredibly amazed at how the makers of this movie managed to have such a long continuous stretch of video garbage in every possible way, choreography, story, characterization, tone, CGI, pace, it's impressive

the movie starts with a 20 minute CGI fest of completely unrelated footage to the actual movie

then proceeds to have a 1 hour long comedy where they also turn Wonder Woman into a rapist, a fact that is never brought up and if this was reversed to a man being in WW's place then it would've been the year's controversy

and in the second hour, the actual movie begins where they start a contest to see how much they can break and misuse every single rule they set for how things work in their story, which they succeed at it very well, wow, who let this movie see the light of day

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 2

Waves (2019)

hjVB6z3.jpg

Honestly this is one of the most beautiful films I’ve seen in a very long time. The film follows the life and struggles of a suburban African-American family whose lives are ripped apart by a senseless tragedy. The cinematography is absolutely stunning, and the story is heartbreaking. They just don’t make movies like this very often these days and so it was such a breath of fresh air.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

I haven't yet, but i saw that it was like a "remake" in western setting of Yojimbo. I'm super curious to watch that movie from Akira Kurosawa soon.

As much as I love the Man With No Name trilogy, Kurosawa is the master.

In the words of Terry Gilliam "Yo-fucking-jimbo"

• Like 1