The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

MV5BMmQ2MmU3NzktZjAxOC00ZDZhLTk4YzEtMDMy

Alien (1979)

- I have seen this movie many times, but this was first time watching the director's cut from 2003. I still can't understand how movie this old can look so damn gorgeous. Also the story is pretty awesome. Rating 9/10

• Like 2

Dggl8Gt.png

Edit: I changed my rating for Judas and The Black Messiah from a 4.5 to a 4, although I still think it's the best movie out of these four. Also I'd say Judas and Another Round are a stronger 4 while One Night in Miami and Promising Young Woman are a lighter 4.

Edited by Crzy Minus

I finally watched It part 2. It was... fine? The biggest problem I had with it was a reference it made to John Carpenter's The Thing. I loved the reference, but after it happened, for the rest of the damn movie, I kept thinking that I'd rather be watching The Thing. 

...the last movie I watched was John Carpenter's The Thing :<

• Like 1

I was about to watch Black Christmas (2019) out of morbid curiosity, but thankfully I checked to see if it was actually another remake (it is) and noticed it was PG-13.

I'm bored but I'm not board enough to watch a second PG-13 remake of movies that have always been most noteworthy for their grit and brutality (and incest... before it was cool).

Watching this instead:

critters-2-poster.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Godzilla VS Kong.

Enjoyed it about as much as the other films in the Monsterverse, which is to say that I really enjoyed it. Not anything too surprising as the clue is in the title - you know exactly what you're getting going in. If you're expecting something other than a big monkey fighting a giant lizard, then that's on you.

It does lean more towards Kong but that's because he's the face in this match up. Baddie Kong isn't really an easy thing to do. Film would obviously be better on the big screen but seeing as that's at least another month or so off in this country, I'm glad I got to see it whilst my interest in it was still high.

• Like 1