The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

TWAR_2021_BoxArtFireTV_1920x1080_Date_da

Not great, but not bad.

This is basically a poor man's Edge of Tomorrow (it's a time jump, not a time loop, but shares very similar story beats).

There's fun to be had with the action moments and there are some nice special effects. I particularly enjoyed the monsters design and animation.

There are a few cheesy moments but the worst part is when the story loses momentum to include some exposition or melodramatic interactions.

Unfortunatelly, Chris Pratt lacks the energy and humor levels he shows in other action franchises. On the other hand, Mass Effect fans will be happy to know that Yvonne Strahovski gives a really good perfomance, better than the movie plot deserves.

It's an entertaining action/sci-fi flick. Just don't expect to have your mind blown by it.

The-Lighthouse-2019.jpg

I had heard this was really good and so I took the chance to watch it last night. I kind of knew what to expect going in but I wound up really liking it because of how weird it gets and the performances done by Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson are great. It gets both weird in a creepy and funny way at times so it was quite the surreal experience. ? I also really liked the way the lighting was done since it made some moments all the more sinister and claustrophobic along with how dirty and grimy the lighthouse itself gets later on.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

critique-army-of-the-dead-6.jpg

This sure is a Zack Snyder movie. With all its perks and drawbacks.

Just like other Snyder projects, it drags on a bit, and the storytelling is far from award-winning material, but there are a few fun characters, great firefights and some fun moments of over the top gore.

It's a solid popcorn matinee (runs too long to watch closer to bedtime though).

wp7959887.jpg

A surprisingly good adventure/comedy flick.

This movie is very well made. From the script, to the visual effects, it's crafted with care. It's just one of those mid-budget movies whit a very solid production.

Dylan O'Brien is a fun and charming lead and everyone else does a good job with their roles too. Oh, and the dog is just awesome.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

5x3tw-YQKDE1AZPNX-Full-Image_GalleryBack

Watched this on YouTube last night purely because Lea Thompson was in it.  Not too bad - some decent stunts and a couple of pretty girls to keep you watching ?, although I've never seen a less intimidating gang of bikers.  A lot of things just didn't make sense, but whatever - there are worse ways to pass 90-odd minutes.

lqzv1tdohpusb2lwlhulqcyjtrp__3840_2160.j

Even though I would have preferred Patty Jenkins to stick with Zack Snyder's warrior version of the character, and despite other strange production choices, I gotta admit this is a decently put together homage to the Silver Age of Comic Books.

It's just not what I would expect or want from a contemporary DC movie. Also, while some story beats have some charm, others are quite cheesy.

The best parts:

The great music score from Hans Zimmer.

Pedro Pascal amazingly pulls off his rather outlandish antagonist.

Gal Gadot and Chris Pine were born to play this characters.

The worst stuff:

Kristen Wiig is outright miscast.

There aren't a lot of action scenes, and none of them are super impressive.

If you like your DC movies dark and gritty... you better stay away from this one.

b4d95777660e95fb94a10f6495c2aeaeb2f950f6

Love lil' Bobby Odenkirk, and as usual he was fun and interesting to watch, especially since he played against type and portrayed a badass. The movie itself was okay. Wish it would have been fleshed out a bit more, but I'm going to assume they were going for a short and simple throwback action flick kind of thing. To quote the great Joe Bob Briggs, "There's not a lot of plot to get in the way of the story."

• Like 2

underwater-destaque.jpg

Despite some cool visuals, immersive sound and competent performances, this movie is quite derivative of other - better - sci-fi thrillers.

More than anything, it's a shame it doesn't spend more time building up the suspense and instead goes straight into action territory.

Entertaining, but forgettable.

• Like 2

banner.png

I was very much on the fence about watching this one, but decided to give it a go hoping to get some fun out of it.

Unfortunately, I did not care for it.

Right off the bat, the movie feels like a scaled down Pirates of the Caribbean adventure, and none of the action sequences are particularly memorable.

Furthermore, the CG visual effects are painfully obvious, the editing is far from stellar, the script is extremely derivative and there is a slew of illogical stuff that suspension of disbelief alone cannot overcome.

On the upside, Dwayne Johnson does a pretty good job with his character whose dad jokes are, ironically, the most enjoyable aspect of the movie.

• Like 1

215px-Sister_Act_2_Back_in_the_Habit_fil

Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit

With Whoopi Goldberg and Lauryn Hill. Instead of being a slapstick comedy like the first, this plays up the musical element more. Sister Mary Clarence (Goldberg) teaches a music class at St. Francis Academy, and decides to start a choir. I love it. Unfortunately, VH-1 cut out the "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" credits sequence completely.

• Like 1