The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

EMMA%20STONE%20CRUELLA-20210528011937.jpCruella

Saw it Twice in Theaters and once on Disney+

As a 101 Dalmatians Fan it was a must see Movie for me. It could be done better but it is a very good movie that NEEDS a Sequel. If it stays as one Movie and prequel that it is now it is a good Movie but not good in the 101 Dalmatians franchise but with a sequel and a tie in to the animated or live action movies it could be great but again it needs a Sequel that is true to the 101 Dalmatians movies and Cruella can be a great movie. At the moment a very good stand alone movie and better and fresher than every Disney live action movie in a decade.

Edited by Snorof88
  • Like 2

220px-The_Tomorrow_War_(2021_film)_offic The Tomorrow War

A good sci-fi action movie with aliens and time traveling. During the 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup, a time gate opens on the field. Time travelers from 2051 emerge and warn that a global war is about to lead to an extinction level event. The war is not between nations, but rather against alien predators called Whitespikes. Civilians are drafted and brought to the future via a Jump Link to help turn the tide.

• Like 2

88683_CAT_Suicide_Squad_2021.jpg?sw=1400

Childish. Gruesome. Highly entertaining. I like it.

It wouldn't make any sense if WB brought James Gunn to soft reboot this franchise 5 years later and not let him go off the rails. If there's one movie that had to subvert expectations and embrace the ridiculousness, this is it. Thankfully it does.

It's not perfect, I would change a few things here and there. Still, I commend Gunn for how he was able to create a wonderful mix of action, comedy and lots of gore.

Just like in Guardians, the heart of the movie lies in its characters. But I'm not gonna spoil anything, so just go see it for yourself, if you haven't yet.

• Like 2

81YXVpyfY-L._SY445_.jpg

Glad I didn't listen to reviews, as I ended up really loving this. It was a lot of fun, and it kept me engaged from beginning to end. The only movie I've seen in the last year or two that did a fantastic job portraying a strong female character. A great example of show-don't-tell.

It's pretty cheap to rent, and it's also on HBO Max.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 2

thosewhowish-header.jpg

Even though the script isn't anything special, this has some genuinely thrilling moments.

The directing is solid and most of the cast does a great job and elevates the material.

Jon Bernthal, Medina Senghore and Finn Little play their roles with a lot of heart and energy, while Nicholas Hoult and Aidan Gillen provide two very interesting antagonists.

On the other hand, Angelina Jolie is the weakest link with an absolutely wooden performance.

Good enough to scratch the itch for an old school thriller.

• Like 2

0ff1b50a84b8eece22a0fc53fc0d12ac5241d641

It's nothing like what I was expecting in terms of tone, and as a political satire it lost me for a bit during the second act, but in the end I had a really good time watching this.

Betty Gilpin is the best part of the movie. Funny, twisted, sexy and an absolute badass. Her action scenes are intense and extremely enjoyable. It's a shame the movie loses some steam in the final act, but it still deserves a watch.

• Like 2

F9-The-Fast-Saga-Montreal-Contest-Featur

Self-aware but not self-conscious.

The movie embraces the internet memes trying to be a smart parody of itself but ends up as the dumbest Fast entry to date. The jokes are lame, the story is dumb and dull, and there's just too much talking in a franchise that depends on action set pieces to stay alive.

The existing action sequences are somewhat entertaining but far from gripping. Everything is exaggerated and nonsensical, there's no room left for stakes and tension.

Mediocre, even as a popcorn movie.

• Like 2

AQP2_SAlone_16_9_1920x1080_PPE_732475_19

It was never going to be easy for John Krasinski to keep Part II as fresh and thrilling as the original. Sure enough, the script does veer into some post-apocalyptic tropes at midpoint and it's never as intense as the first movie.

Fortunately, there's a great story about hope, true courage and selflessness here. This, along with the solid cinematography and the top-notch cast make it a worthy companion piece to the original film.

• Like 1

freaky1.jpeg

The Freaky Friday meets Friday the 13th idea is a really clever one and the movie does deliver a few fun and gory kills, but it was the comedy part that really made it work for me.

Kathryn Newton is awesome as the murderous psychopath, Vince Vaughn properly sells the teen girl stuck in a guy's body and even the supporting cast has some rather funny moments that got a few laughs outta me. A fun movie for sure.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

images_2019_cine_Spider-Man_Into_the_Spi

An amazing looking movie, with great heroes and villains, funny jokes and fast-paced action.

Once again, Phil Lord and Chris Miller give us an original story filled with witty humor and clever references, that actually takes some risks. The cinematography is also stunning and highly creative. The innovative art style, great music and sound effects all contribute for the success of the film.

The voice cast is wonderful all-around, but Jake Johnson's burned out Peter Parker and Mahershala Ali's villainous Prowler are two standouts, in my opinion. The former is hilarious and very relatable, the latter is slick and truly terrifying.

After this, it's no wonder Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are bringing the spider-verse into live action.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

...my girlfriend and I went to see A Quiet Place 2 (...) she blurted out: "What the hell? You're doing that cliffhanger shit again?"

Isn't the cliffhanger appropriate though?

By the end, Regan completed her mission and helped Emmett regain hope and purpose, while Marcus overcame his fears in order to protect his family.

The final shot of the hearing aid on the microphone is the result of Regan's bravery and also perfectly wraps up the theme of hope.

The movie is about this characters in an extreme situation, not about the situation itself.

Watching random people killing a bunch of aliens wouldn't make the movie any better.

The story isn't as special as the first one but, for what it is, I consider the resolution pretty satisfying.

18 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Isn't the cliffhanger appropriate though?

By the end, Regan completed her mission and helped Emmett regain hope and purpose, while Marcus overcame his fears in order to protect his family.

The final shot of the hearing aid on the microphone is the result of Regan's bravery and also perfectly wraps up the theme of hope.

The movie is about this characters in an extreme situation, not about the situation itself.

Watching random people killing a bunch of aliens wouldn't make the movie any better.

The story isn't as special as the first one but, for what it is, I consider the resolution pretty satisfying.

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely an excellent movie. We just found it surprising that both the original and the sequel ended cliffhanger style. Furthermore, Reagan is a far more believable and convincing badass than Disney Star Wars' Wonder Rey will ever be.