The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

@Colin_Raleigh Hey, I'll respect whatever your opinion is. Movies strike different not only depending on your personal taste, but also on your mood and expectations.

To be honest I didn't really feel contented with the movie. The first film had a "keep quiet or get killed" high concept plot and I had the same expectation for the sequel, but it actually felt a lot like a low concept story where we're just tagging along in a few side quests. Everything felt a little bit loose and I didn't feel very invested in the story.

The script even falls into some tired old tropes like "the humans are the real monsters" and the possibility of an isolated haven.

I'm not even going to discuss how Krasinski dared to reuse the same Deus Ex Machina, just gonna say I don't think this sequel was necessary but, for me, what's really missing is a more interesting journey, not a better ending.

And you're absolutely right about Regan. Her vulnerability is what makes her courage stand out and turns her into a compelling character (unlike a certain Mary Sue in a galaxy far, far away).

image_1f14524a.jpeg?region=0,0,1800,776

A well put together movie with great action sequences. It's just too damn long.

It's a shame the movie wastes a big chunk of its runtime course correcting the bad decisions of the first instalment by bringing people back from the dead and trying to clear the lead's reputation. Apart from that, it's a fun and crazy ride just like its predecessor.

The franchise's lore and bonkers set pieces remain highly entertaining. I enjoyed it.

• Like 2

dont-breath-second-chapter-main-poster.j

I had low expectations going into this movie, but I actually came out pleasently surprised.

It's not by any means as good as the first film, and the decision to make this horrible man an antihero is somewhat questionable, but Stephen Lang kicks ass as The Blind Man and it is pretty satisfying watching him deliver punishment to some genuinely bad guys for a change.

The first half of the movie is definitely stronger, with a home invasion that - stylistically - takes a lot of notes from David Fincher's Pacic Room. The latter half looks more like an early 2000's slasher flick where you can see the plot twist coming a mile away, but it still manages to be quite fun.

A nice watch overall.

tombraiderresenhacriticafilmeaorigemblog

This movie could have used a better story and a little more action but Alicia Vikander made it worthwhile. She has the physicality, the charm, and it obviously doesn't hurt that she's a great actress.

Now that I've watched this I'm hoping a sequel with a better script comes to fruition in the near future. I'd really like to see more of Vikander as Miss Croft.

• Like 2

51rwagROp0L._AC_SX466_.jpg

This one is bananas. Amazingly stupid & cringe one moment, then incredibly awesome the next. I have no idea if it was meant to be funny or not; I'm going to give James Wan the benefit of the doubt and assume that he meant for it to be tongue-in-cheek. Went into it expecting to be bored or have my intelligence insulted, but I have to say that by the 3rd act I was very engaged and entertained. I think I kind of love it.

• Like 2