The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Megamind 

A Definitive Ranking of All the DreamWorks Movies (Excluding Sequels)

Me and my best friend were talking about the new memes surrounding this movie the other day and apparently she never watched it so I had to show her this movie haha

It's surprisingly good and underrated, has a strong message and quite funny xD 

• Like 3

xuxx7ZN.jpg

Continued with some more horror movies. Death becomes her was quite dull in spite of a great cast. Inferno, well it was definitely inferior to Suspiria, and my least favorite Argento movie, still entertaining to watch. The Ritual was far better than I expected, would even go as far and say that I think it might be slightly underrated, it had great atmosphere, very unnerving at times, great monster design, loved the scenery, and I like a horror movie that does not use the same old creatures and looks into other, less explored mythos in the horror genre.

Bone Tomahawk was another good movie, pretty tame western for its 1st half or so, but when the mayhem starts it is truly unsettling, the way the violence is portrayed in this is so visceral, it can happen so sudden and fast, it really is a movie that will sick with you.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 2

768550?tp=KM

A mixed bag. It starts slow and weird but there are a couple of twists and turns at the midpoint that made it enjoyable.

It has some interesting character moments and a few imaginative and fun action sequences, but there were some creative choices that really didn't work for me.

On one hand, the Assault on Precinct 13th kind of set-up coupled with some western gunslinging nods is quite entertaining but, on the other hand, there's a 1970's blaxploitation stylization throughout that didn't really meld with everything else.

It's always fun to watch Frank Grillo do his thing though. Gerard Butler... not so much. Thankfully he has limited screen time here. He peaked as 300's Leonidas. Should have retired after that.

@sillyrobo75 Yeah. I ain't never gonna watch Bone Tomahawk. I saw a few stills and a friend described it to me... nah, I already have Irreversible burned into my mind, don't need any more of that.

MV5BOWExMjU1OTctNGIwZS00MjY2LWE2YWUtZWVlOTRjZDFhODVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyNzgwMDUw._V1_.jpg             MV5BYTZkZTM0NjYtN2Q2OS00YThjLWFkYTAtZDAwOWM3NjY1YjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyNzgwMDUw._V1_.jpg

I saw it was airing on Toonami and I figured I would watch it. I haven't read the comic it's based on so I don't know all the differences between that and the adaptation but I thought it was good. I remember hearing how they made the twist for the Hush movie kind of lame so I'm glad they didn't do anything like that with this. But since they have animated this and The Killing Joke I hope they animate Knightfall soon.

• Like 3

MV5BODU5YTVjZjQtMDM3ZS00NjIxLTk2YmYtODBj

HKills-header-1.jpg

Watched this two back to back. Enjoyed the first, didn't care for the sequel. It's hard to believe this two movies share the same director and writers.

Halloween (2018) is a simple but effective slasher flick. It's nicely shot with a few flourishes reminiscent of 1970's filmmaking that bridge the gap between this production and the OG John Carpenter movie.

The movie has decently fleshed out characters and the plot is easy to follow and entertaining. Gore levels increase progressively in a satisfying way, and everything converges on an ending sequence that leaves you asking for more.

Unfortunately, Halloween Kills is a mess. Any sympathy for the previously established characters gets thrown out the window, and the ones debuting are paper-thin and unrelatable. The plot is uninteresting and contrived, and even though there are a few cool death scenes, the movie is never able to build up tension and ends up feeling quite unfulfilling.

There's also a swing and a miss at social commentary - regarding mob mentality - that completely contradicts itself in the span of a few scenes.

Here's hoping the third (and final?) instalment delivers a satisfying clash between Michael and Laurie.

• Like 2

I know it was Halloween, but we don't really celebrate it here in Italy so we just watched something different: since it was the last movie in the Tom Hanks collection, we watched Cast Away. Not as good as we remembered though, probably our least favorite of the bunch. It somehow felt like they were trying to do Robinson Crusoe, but kinda missed the point in the end. I dunno, I prefered Forrest Gump and Catch me if you can

Cast Away - Wikipedia

However, November 1st IS a holiday in Italy (All Saints' Day) and we do celebrate it, so as if it was sunday we watched another movie. This time we watched a Studio Ghibli Movie, me and my sister being big followers of their movies (I think we got pretty much all of their movies...?) and this time we watched From Up on Poppy Hill (or just "The Poppy Hill" in italian).

Surprisingly I've never seen it before, definitely a nicer movie than I thought. Ghibli movies tend to have a unique way to tell their story, especially when there's romance, and they can be an acquired taste sometimes, even for me, but it was better than I expected and I liked the message in it. We already planned to watch another anime movie next sunday so maybe this could be fun.

La collina dei papaveri - Film (2011) - MYmovies.it

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 2

MV5BMGFhOTcwODEtYzQ1Ni00OGY1LTk1ZGQtZGVl

A journey through an apocalyptic wasteland that is thrilling and emotional in equal parts.

It wasn't a big surprise to have a movie featuring Tom Hanks, a cute dog and a robot with the mind of a six year old pull my emotional strings. As always, Hanks delivers a down to earth, relatable performance of a man haunted by his past choices and looking for some sort of redemption in a last selfless act.

Although there is no convoluted plot about saving the world, there's still a satisfying amout of world-building, an assortment of gripping action sequences and a good chunk of funny moments - most of which rely on the clumsy automaton's antics.

It's fair to say Finch feels a bit like a rehash of other well-known sci-fi and adventure movies, but it's still a well written, shot and acted experience with great visual effects to boot.

Worth a watch.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1