The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

wpid-141222114216.jpg?w=640

Thanks to memes I have been successfully gaslit into liking decided to watch The Hobbit trilogy despite hearing that they weren't well liked but I only ever saw the first one around the time it came out. After giving it a chance I have to say I wound up liking it way more than I thought I would. I know there's a lot of "that didn't happen in the book" kind of stuff and I was expecting it to be a boring slog that had no substance with the way everyone described it but I felt like all the stuff that was added felt natural.

Overall I really enjoyed them even if it's not as good as the original Lord of the Rings trilogy (which to be fair is a very high bar to begin with) but I liked Bilbo's portrayal and the Dwarves are a funny group of lads ? The Smaug scenes were also pretty cool too. I do wish I went to see these in theaters along with the original trilogy since I feel like it would have been a great experience. Along with that my only other regret is that I didn't get to try the Hobbit Hole breakfast at Denny's so I could become more like Bombur. But I guess I will just have to settle by eating cheese by the block.

bombur-cheese.gif

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

Antlers (2021) 

poj

8/10 

I was pretty excited for this movie, it was delayed a bit because of Covid I think which is understandable. 

But now that it's finally released I sat down and watched it the other day and I have to say this was very refreshing. 

I think this is the first wendigo movie I have ever watched, and I was not disappointed. 

The acting of the main character (the kid) has to be one of the best child actor performances I have seen in recent years. 

Although there is a small thing towards the end that bothered me and I'm sure people that will watch the movie will know what I'm talking about. (I don't wanna spoil)

Overall though, a very decent movie. 

• Like 2

sXf0R38.jpg 

Honestly all pretty decent watches but Infra-man is sleep paralysis in film, and Bullitt and In the Mood for Love were showing at a couple of theatres nearby, so I gotta give the nod to those as experiences with an extra bit of pizzazz. Curious, anyone have a local theatre or even just a chain that does classic movie revivals?

Edited by LobotomiesAreFun

Das-US-Postermotiv-von-Till-Death..jpg

Watched this on Netflix the other night.  Fairly decent thriller where Megan Fox, looking stupendously lovely, spends much of the film in the midst of a frozen wilderness, handcuffed to her dead partner.  It really builds a sense of isolation, as she is on her own with no help for miles around.

A pretty ambiguous ending, too.

• Like 1