The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Chip-N-Dale-Rescue-Rangers-banner.jpg

Yeah, it's like a modern day Roger Rabbit, if Roger Rabbit sucked. I didn't hate this movie like I thought I would, but to imply this is even in the same space as WFRR is to admit one doesn't have a clue of why that movie's considered a classic.

There is no compelling story here, no interesting characters, no engaging mystery, no sense of danger, no commentary on the characters or premise its named after. All this movie has is references. Not jokes, references. "Hey, that character exists! Hey, here's some Rescue Rangers merchandising! Hey, One Saturday Morning!"

Ok, I'm sorry, they do have the meta jokes. You know, the very wussy vanilla Disney variety, including "Hey, aren't some of the tropes in our movies silly?" or "Wouldn't it be dumb if we did the very obvious corporate thing *winkwink nudgenudge*)

The choice to not use the original Chip/Dale voices was a baffling one, not helped that John and Andy are terrible with their acting. They had no problem getting the original voices (or near perfect soundalikes) for Monterrey and Gadget. But this is where I admit that I smiled once during this entire movie; when the Rangers are actually back together. For one minute, and right before we hit the end credits, but again, I won't lie about how I felt.

Also, Men's Warehouse. I laughed at that.

Again, despite all the negative stuff I listed (and I DO consider it a negative), I just felt disappointed watching it, not enraged or anything. For me, it's that standard modern Disney disappointment; gorgeous visuals wrapped around nothing but wasted opportunities. Instead of being anything related to Rescue Rangers, we get "Ralph Breaks The Internet While Disney Shells Out A Few Extra Dollars for Other Properties (including one I THOUGHT we all agreed on should've remained buried after a huge fucking stint was made about it).

But it's best not to get too worked up about it. Critics and fans will suck it's acorn for a week or two then forget all about it. Plus, I won't argue the price I paid for this.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 4

KmkgMwp.jpg   Nw361M1.jpg

Watched 2 movies this past weekend. The Thirteenth floor, a sci fi in the same vein, thematically at least, as The Matrix or Dark City. It was fine, it had its moments, but I found the main actor to be quite bad, and the story was a bit too predictable in the 2nd half. Do not recommend watching the trailer as it spoils a major plot point. 6/10

The 2nd movie I watched was The Name of the Rose, a historical mystery. I remember reading part of the novel years ago and the movie definitely felt less complex and elaborate, I still enjoyed it, especially thanks to some great performances, and I did really like the setting. But in the end I felt something was missing. 7/10

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, buckallmighty said:

qh0MSyY.jpg

These are so b-rate and cheesy, but i enjoyed them. Cant find the 3rd installment. Not sure if it was ever made.

Im on a Danny Trejo spree right now. Bad ass collection is next.

snBsvpB.jpg

?? very funny movies , i think the third one is in production since forever " Machete kills again in space". Earth planet is not enough for Machete ?

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

Saw The Suicide Squad.

__Like__
-Movie is distilling better of what a suicide squad is about rather than how Studio Squad (2017) did it. They actually feel like villains too rather than the sandpapered versions. Most important thing to get right.
-Narrative format is efficient.
-Ratcatcher is a good OC.
-Bloodsport wears his mask in formal combat. I disliked the lack of mask with Deadshot in Studio Squad.
-Harley actually feels like a terrible person unlike the last SS.
-Cinematography is decent.
-Harley’s machine gun blossom.
-If I pretend the first 15 minutes isn’t there, Bloodsport is my favourite character. Peacemaker was all right but the hype oversold him for me.

__Dislike__
-The way Gunn tries to build Bloodsport’s character gravitas is laughable, with how Waller was easily compromised in the control room (breaking the immersion of would-be security protocols in Belle Reve. *Basic* security protocols) and leeching on Superman over the whole ICU lore thing. Personally I can reckon well enough with the character without all of that. It’s Idris Elba.
-The action scenes are underbaked in technical execution and some sequences don’t make logical sense like when Bloodsport and Pmaker were raiding the encampment - it was like the enemies were in an awareness  stasis, just letting Bloodsport walk upto them to get killed. How did that first guy set aflame not scream in pain??? This Hollywood trope repeats several times in the movie.
-The theme of anti-American theme is opaque, simplified and naïve that reduces it down to a cliché of a cigar smoking general who wants to be “taken seriously”. I’ve seen a lot of anti-American sentiments in different forms and none of them are close to being like that. The movie only wants to reinforce that an American black ops will help the “rebels” liiiiiike ziiiiing ! Like ISIL was formerly rebels? Al Qaeda? I don’t know if Gunn’s cynicism was counting on the cultural intelligentsia of nationalism to turbo the movie’s box office but it looks like it didn’t.

• Like 3

27582601-0097-46bc-998f-af4f51a35ae7?bas

It's cheesy and emotionally manipulative, but I fucking love this movie.

I watched this countless times over the last 20 years, but the thrills and the feels still get me. Every time.

Stoic heroes. An extreme situation. A sociopath douchebag for villain. Edge of your seat supense and amazing action set pieces.

This is the good stuff I grew up with.

5b605309130aee745400800c9cb526939fec2cef

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 10:01 AM, The Investigator said:

saw the first two Terminator movies last few days, I was very surprised at how well they hold up, enjoyed them a lot

saw the next 3 Terminator movies in line, I was hesitant to watch them because of the bad stuff I read about them online, I'm so glad I decided to watch them in the end, I loved all of them, Bale in Salvation and Emilia in Genisys were amazing

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 2