The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

tileburnedin?size=1280x720&partner=hboma

7/10

Very entertaining.

Karen Gillan, Jack Black and Awkwafina are really funny in this.

tileburnedin?size=1280x720&partner=hboma

6/10

I enjoyed watching Pikachu and his Pokemon friends. The humans and the derivative story, not so much.

80080514.jpg.webp

5/10

There are a few fun moments, but the cinematography is lazy and Melissa McCarthy's character is insufferable.

The clearly improvised jokes are also terrible. They should have sticked to the script.

• Like 1

ef4b93ef8f7157de3f97ae1ff5d21b56_0526bb9

I've seen this plenty of times before but I watched it again last night since probably some time last year. I definitely have this in the top 10 of my favorite movies and I have this and Mafia II categorized as "comfy Mafia" stories because of the setting and soundtrack ? But I just love the story and Ray Liotta's narration along with how some of the scenes are shot. It's also the first time I watched this since I watched The Sopranos so it was really funny seeing all the actors from The Sopranos in this even when they are mostly background characters. ?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-i104637.jpg

Not even just the originals since I was feeling like watching the EXTENDED versions for the first time. Truly a timeless trilogy overflowing with soul that came out at the perfect time as well as having the perfect cast filled with people that clearly loved the material they were working on. On top of that is an amazing soundtrack by Howard Shore that I also can't picture anyone else managing to pull off. I really can't praise them enough and seeing the extended versions reminds me why I keep this and the original Star Wars saga as my top movies.

I liked how most of the extended scenes gave better context for some of the later events and even the ones that didn't were good on their own. I find it weird how Return of the King didn't have the Saruman scene in originally since I felt like that was something that should have stayed in since it's kind of weird how originally you technically last see Saruman at the end of Two Towers and there's no follow-up to a fairly important character. I think the only extended scene I could have done without was the bit where Gimli blows away the ghost hands since that felt a bit too comedic or at least felt like it went on longer than it probably should have. Beyond that I loved seeing these again with those added scenes. I still got choked up during the more emotional parts and the ending to Return of the King still got to me pretty good.

My only regret is not seeing these in theaters when they came out and I hope I can see the extended versions in theaters some day. That and Denny's brings back the Hobbit menu so I can finally have that. In fact they should just make that a permanent menu item.

• Like 3

Alice_Doesn't_Live_Here_Anymore.jpg

Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. Martin Scorsese, 1974.

A drama about a housewife who had no chance but to take her life in her own hands. She takes her son and goes to another state chasing the one thing that gave her happiness long time ago.

I liked the stories that followed. The movie has both funny and nerve-wracking moments. Harvey Keitel had an appearance I didn't expect. Young Jodie Foster had a role too, and I didn't even recognize her. That's the fun part about watching a movie not knowing anything about it other than the title, the director, and the year.

The only thing I didn't like was the ending. The conclusion was a bit underwhelming. Still a good movie overall, worth watching to see the different sides of Scorsese's rich filmography.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

I've watched all the Robocop movies in the last few days

Robocop

Robocop 2

- Robocop 1 & 2 are fantastic movies, wow, they hold up so well, Peter Weller does an amazing job, he IS Robocop

Robocop 3

- Robocop 3 suffers a major blow from not having Peter and having a weaker plot, it's not a bad movie... it just isn't the same without Peter

Robocop 2014

- the 2014 remake is ok, nothing special, it manages to not be complete garbage, but it doesn't live up to the first two movies so it doesn't justify its existence

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 4