The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

scale?width=1200&aspectRatio=1.78&format

[5/10]

Story is bad, dialogue is worse.

It's hard to believe this was director Shane Black's first movie after the excellent The Nice Guys.

But hey, it has cool Predators and gore so... yeah, I was mildly entertained.

[6/10]

Some fans had problems with Prometheus' story but that was a very solid movie. This one on the other hand, is a completely superfluous sequel that accomplishes very little other than confirming that yes, David is a total genocidal sociopath.

Lacks action and body horror. The sci-fi elements and nice vfx are what saved the experience for me.

[8/10]

Good thing I saved this for last.

Solid cinematography, story is simple but has a certain freshness to it, and the characters are quite interesting.

Also, the action is really good. Both the Predator and Naru (the protag) have a number of very cool and unexpected moves and tricks.

• Like 3

Watched Rob Zombie's The Munsters movie. I'm a fan of the original show from the 60's and I feel you kinda need to be to enjoy the movie? It's filled to the brim with light-hearted over the top corny humor much like the show. I enjoyed it.

MV5BYmYyYWQ2ZmEtYTEzZi00OGExLWE0YTItOGYy

• Like 2

Fall (2022 film) - Wikipedia

7/10 

Honestly, I didn't really expect much from this movie besides the fact that the concept seemed interesting enough to give it a try. But I actually enjoyed this movie a lot!! The cinematography is surprisingly good and there were a few other good surprises about this movie which I will not mention because they would be spoilers. Overall very solid movie. 

Edited by Lillia
  • Like 2

MV5BNDc1ZTlmOWUtNDY2YS00OGU5LTg2MTYtYTk2

8/10

A videogame movie has no business being this good. Right!?

This is a polished and clever adaptation of the old-school videogames, a really fun adventure, and a very funny comedy on top of that.

Also, perfect casting. And everyone brought their A-game. Jim Carrey is amazing and crazy and hilarious as Robotnik, Ben Schwartz is awesome as the voice and soul of Sonic, and James Marsden is a super likeable sidekick.

This movie made me smile, made me laugh, even got me a bit emotional. Had a great time watching it.

8096065224202c6251e5bb3ec6b3fab187f492c0

• Like 4

Primary_BoxCover_800_1200.jpg

If you like DC Comics superhero's, you should enjoy this movie. Yes it is made more for kids or watching as a family but it is enjoyable. For long time DC fans, you will notice the John William Superman theme and the Danny Elfman Batman theme hinted at in the movie, which I found awesome. 

• Like 2

Wheels on Meals

Wheels-on-meals.jpg

Enjoyment: 9.5/10

As a reward for getting one of the worst trophies I've ever done out of the way, I decided to reward myself by watching a movie. More specifically, a Jackie Chan movie. Before I discuss that any further, let me say something quickly.

First of all, I haven't watched any of his movies until now. The only media that I've watched before this was the cartoon based on him several years ago and I enjoyed it. The movies, however, I didn't bother watching them until recently. After seeing multiple ads of his movies being advertised in NEO (a magazine published in the UK which focuses on Eastern media like anime, manga, etc.), I decided to do myself a favor and purchase some of them. Currently, I've only watched one of them which happens to be this.

As someone who's never watched any martial art movies, what are my thoughts about this one? I'm keeping it short. The humor, chase scenes, all well done. Of course, I have to mention the fight scenes. So intense, yet entertaining. Same can be said about the bloopers.

My only complaint about the movie is the ending. Even though the final battle was satisfying (and amusing, thanks to that The Three Musketeers part), the way it ended leaves me confused. It's never mentioned what happened to the villain. He was defeated, sure, but did he end up in jail or did he die? That's all I'm asking.

Despite that, I enjoyed it a lot. Who would've thought that something like this would've given good laughs? Next up, Project A. I'll watch that once I have enough time.