The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

continuing to see some of the movies starring Chloe Grace, I picked November Criminals, she does a good job in this one as she does in most of her roles, but unfortunately, just like most of the other movies she's in, the actual movie is super boring, a waste of time, the rest of the cast is weak, I would never watch it again and wouldn't recommend it

man... Chloe deserves to be in better movies, IMO she hasn't been in a really good one since Kickass 2010

• Like 2

FhOVTlvXEBcCs8c?format=jpg&name=medium

I friggin' loved watching Bodies Bodies Bodies. It's the most exciting movie I've seen in recent years.

The script is smart and funny, the cinematography is interesting and really fits the film, but most of all I loved the characters, particularly the ones portrayed by Rachel Sennott and Myha'la Herrold. They completely nailed the right tone for this satire by being dead serious while saying the stupidest things.

If you ever wondered how insane things would get when a bunch of Zoomers are left indoors without phone coverage you should really check out this movie.

Soho is brilliantly shot and edited as one would expect from Edgar Wright. Also needless to say, the brilliant cast is inebriating to watch. For me though, the story felt a bit surface level.

Fall had a very weak and dumb first act but rapidly evolved into one of the most thrilling things I have ever watched.

Scream did what I thought impossible and actually came out with a solid and entertaining meta script. Loved the third act nod to Tarantino, even if they say it wasn't intentional (but it was).

• Like 3

gxfnwccnv.png

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

The opening scene is great, the closing scene is good. Everything in between is utter garbage. Two xenophobic nations fight each other to decide which one is the bestest xenophobic nation. Not to forget the scene where civilian policemen were killed in a drone strike – tells you all you need to know about the mindset of Hollywood these days. Absolute filth!

R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

FhjPvLeXEAAcvz-?format=jpg&name=medium

Long overdue watches. All great.

The Revenant is every director's dream: two very talented and hard-working performers as protagonist and antogonist and a very healthy budget to put your vision to film.

I loved the incredible character moments and breathtaking cinematography. Just thought that some of the action sequences looked a tad artificial by today's standards, because of camera movement and scene blocking.

Green Room is a short but sweet hight-concept gore-fest. The brilliant cast - Anton Yelchin (RIP), Imogen Poots, Sir Patrick Stewart - seemed a bit underused though. Actors of their calibre deserved more screen time.

Neo-westerns are probably my favorite genre these days and Wind River was a delicious treat. Great work from the leads, amazing atmosphere and a very thrilling story. Loved it and will probably rewatch in a few years and like it even more.

Also really enjoyed The Invitation. It's a small but effective psychological thriller, a pleasant slow burn.

I'll leave the trailer as I think not many people are aware of it (I wasn't until recently).

• Like 3

Fh60YsoWIAAcPxw?format=jpg&name=medium

Jared Leto's caricature of Paolo Gucci actually made me laugh out loud. It would fit perfectly in a wacky satire, but not in the movie House of Gucci intended to be.

There's a few good scenes in the film, but half the time it looks like Ridley Scott walked out of the set and let everyone do whatever the hell they wanted. Further proof that a renowned director's creative control doesn't always result in a good movie.

Watcher has one of the most suspenseful scenes I've watched in recent years. It's very well shot and edited. It's a slow burn and has a few logic flaws but I still found it very entertaining.

Don't Worry Darling certainly is a visually striking film, but it becomes progressively uninteresting towards its very anticlimatic third act.

The whole experience is saved by Florence Pugh's stellar performance.

Pig was all round surprising. The story didn't go where I expected, neither did Nic Cage's character, but more than nothing I was very impressed with Alex Wolff's subtle but powerful performance.

I'm now curious to see what director Michael Sarnoski will make out of his announced A Quiet Place prequel.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 4

MV5BMTAwNzk4NTU3NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3

I don't even remember how I heard of this movie but I wanted to check it out since I heard of it a long time ago. It stars Viggo Mortensen as a nameless father (who I will refer to as Aragorn from here on) and his son trying to survive an apocalyptic event that isn't really shown or you're told much about other than it killed off a lot of animals as well as crops and made things colder. So there's no zombies, no leather-clad raiders that drive fast cars, no super mutants or radioactive ghouls, no mutated animals in a metro system, no killer robots with phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range, and no aliens. Just straight up "things are bad and the people are worse" kind of thing. There is one part at the beginning where Aragorn and his son are sleeping only to wake up with a massive fire going on not too far from them. Along with that it looked like the water was yellow which I guess means the apocalyptic event was volcanic related but I'm not an expert.

The end goal in mind seemed to be that Aragorn and his son to go to the coast in the ocean as a means of surviving. It doesn't really sound like Aragorn had a plan beyond that though which kind of reminded me of how Kenny in TellTale's The Walking Dead wanted to do that too so I thought that was interesting. But maybe he just wanted to take his son to go meet Frodo in the Undying Lands provided he could get a boat.

But that said, as the poster looks and my description of the setting is, it's a very grim and bleak setting. Really early on there's a scene where Aragorn shows his son the pistol with only two bullets they have and he says "Remember what I showed you" and basically goes over the proper way to shoot himself in the mouth should they be in danger of getting captured. This also made me think of the game I Am Alive because I remember there was a mechanic in that where you are supposed to conserve bullets because you only have like one or two most of the time. There are other scenes that also showcase similar stuff but I won't spoil it here.

It's not all totally dark the whole way though as there are some very few moments of silver lining. One of them being where Aragorn gives his son a delicious and refreshing can of Coca-Cola that was somehow preserved in a wrecked vending machine and a scene where they eat from a bag of Cheetos. This also reminded me how in Fallout there are bottles of Nuka-Cola and I'm just kidding I didn't really think that. But there's also another theme of "keeping the fire" which I guess is another way of saying "Trying to survive and preserve the goodness of the human spirit" or something. They don't really go into it but I felt like it was pretty self-explanatory.

But it is a pretty dark movie with a lot of scenes that had some really cool shots like where it shows a town area and there are just two shipwrecked boats on land. In some way I just find that kind of stuff really pretty to look at especially if it's in a gray and very cold looking setting. I highly recommend the movie if you want to watch a post-apocalyptic movie that at least to me stands out from others because of just how bleak it is. I know it's based off a book too and it sounds like there aren't very many changes from the book so I guess it's one of those situations where the movie is as faithful to the book as it gets. Probably the biggest difference that I could tell was in the book there's a scene where Aragorn and his son come across a group of cannibals and they find a newborn infant being spit roasted over a fire which I guess I understand them not putting that in the movie because I'm sure it was pushing the R rating as is.

• Like 3