fabmorais_2011 *FULL* PSN Backlog

fabmorais_2011

Dx9fMxFX0AET6w5.jpg:large

1L5d1897.png

40-platinum.png
Platinum Trophy
Collect all trophies

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken scratched from the backlog. I consider this game a mixture of Flashback and Rolling Thunder, but with chickens and penguins. Premisse is fun, but gameplay not so much. There's nothing terribly wrong with it, but it's not great either. Trophywise, nothing too complicated, but collectibles are boring and there's a co-op trophy that can be done ad-hoc or online. Last boss on higher difficulty can also be a pain due to terrible controls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

D0nM9s7X4AEEpAv.jpg:large

1L379988.png

40-platinum.png
Absolution
Earn all trophies

Absolver scratched from the backlog. This took way longer than expected, but I'm glad I did it. Pretty unique game with a very in-depth fighting system. Can be daunting at first, but it does grow on you if you get past the steep learing curve. Getting all the moves for the plat is a huge grind though.

• 3 weeks later...

D2lSFiXXcAA1Nat.jpg

1Ld36d41.png

40-platinum.png
Blasting Agent
Be a Blasting Agent and unlock everything

Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition scratched from the backlog. Enjoyable pixel art fast-paced run-and-gun platformer with a straightforward set of trophies. Hard mode is not at all hard if you exploit the doors autosave and use the Stinger martial arts character you unlock from finishing the game on normal. Had lots of fun with it for the short time it lasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

D5rzCafW4AU8KT5.jpg

1L78c873.png

40-platinum.png
No more League of Evil
Defeat the League of Evil completing all challenges!

League of Evil scratched from backlog. Another sweet port from mobile developer Ravenous Games by Ratalaika Games. Very nice platformer that's easy to pick up and play. Decent challenge if you're not that familiar with this type of platformer, but not so much if you're used to them. It would be much more difficult if the Impossible MIssion chapter were required for the platinum.

• 1 month later...

D8vUp7RXsAA2Y4F.jpg:large

1L091299.png

40-platinum.png
LEGEND
UNLOCK ALL OTHER TROPHIES

Minit scratched from the backlog. Enchanting take on the Zelda-like ARPG formula, whit an unique twist. Short and sweet. Could never find all secrets without a guide, but even so it's a very short and easy plat. Took me more playthroughs than needed since I did my first run blind.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

What game is your avatar?

Dragon Quest XI. I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan although I haven't played XI yet. The avatars were free on PSN though.

EDIT: Or you mean my forum avatar? If that's the case, that's Dark Force from the original Phantasy Star.

Edited by fabmorais_2011

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2019 at 2:54 PM, fabmorais_2011 said:

Dragon Quest XI. I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan although I haven't played XI yet. The avatars were free on PSN though.

EDIT: Or you mean my forum avatar? If that's the case, that's Dark Force from the original Phantasy Star.

It's an enigmatic demon that invades the Algol Solar System once every millennium. He comes in different guises and forms!

Phantasy Star is Sega's flagship jrpg series.

Edited by thepeaguy
  • Like 1

EBe3s2QW4AAuB_V?format=jpg

Don't Bite Me Bro! scratched from the backlog. This is free on the NA store and doesn't require you to spend a penny to complete it. Glitchy as hell and very rough around the edges, but I had my fun with it. I don't know what draws me to these weird AF games, but there's something about them that keeps me coming back lol. Weirdly enough, the trophy images suggest that there should be bronze, silver and gold trophies, along with a platinum -- but you only get a bunch of bronzes. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

EDQNS47XkAAF_3w?format=jpg

1Ldc1280.png

40-platinum.png
PLATINUM WARRIOR
Unlock all other trophies

Cast of the Seven Godsends: Redux scratched from the backlog. Nice enough retro platformer inspired by the likes of Ghouls'n Ghosts, but buggy and very rough around the edges. Hit boxes are all over the place and it's quite buggy, having crashed on me several times. It does scratch the itch for old-school platformers though and I had my fun with it.

• 1 month later...

EGUBQAWXkAApblL?format=jpg

1L7bd2bb.png

40-platinum.png
Platinum Sister
Get all other trophies.

My Big Sister scratched from the backlog. Interesting short horror game that wants to tell a "disturbing" story. Writing is good and atmosphere is quite well crafted, although I never feel retro graphics really suit this type of tale. It's well worth it nonetheless and a quick platinum as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ENZUtXpVUAYEcIT?format=jpg

1L8dc02d.png
40-platinum.png
DETROIT MASTER
Collected all trophies!

Detroit: Become Human scratched from the backlog. This was my first David Cage game, and I quite liked it. Writing can be a bit expositive at times, but the characters really grow on you and all in all it is a very complex and well-told story. Replayability is huge if you have the patience, but I confess that a fourth half playthrough to get the plat was a bit much. I'm interested to see what Cage has on his sleeve for the next gen.

• 2 months later...

EUjbc_RWoAE5kpm?format=jpg

1L30a6b7.png

40-platinum.png
Everything is Everything
Everything is Everything

Everything scratched from the backlog. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this game. The best way to define it is calling it a "conscious simulator", in which you can basically transform into everything, from hydrogen atoms to galaxies and beyond. The cherry on top of the cake are the Alan Watts tapes you find throughout the game, with lectures he gave on philosophy during the 1970s. Of course, scope could be larger: continents are small and areas repeat themselves very quickly, but this doesn't detract much from the experience. A true gem of a game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

EXSa69jXYAAtpM4?format=jpg

Abzû scracthed from the backlog. Although not a thatgamecompany game, Abzû shares several members from the team that worked on Journey so the look and feel is very similar to that game, as well as to Flower and Flow. Even so, although pretty and nice to play, it lacks the staying power and sense of wonder of those other games. Trophies are straightforward and collectibles are not that bad with a guide (or even without it, if you have the patience). All in all, a nice experience, but not really memorable.

• Like 1

EYLNfe8X0AI3FSD?format=jpg

Arcade Archives: Double Dragon scratched from the backlog. I was suddenly on a Double Dragon mood and thought of giving this Arcade Archives version a whirl. Trophies are kind of pointless except for the Highscore one, which is also very easy. It was nice to replay this with 99 credits to see it through (I think I used around 15), since on my teens I couldn't get past the first stage on arcace. I want to play Double Dragon II now.