Any idea how long the online will stay up?

AJ_Radio

With the upcoming server closure of Killzone 2 & 3, I have a good feeling that Mercenary isn’t too far off the chopping block for the inevitable “closure of doom and despair”. 

Unfortunately since I live in an area with terrible internet service, Killzone 2 & 3 just aren’t possible for me to earn their platinums. Thankfully with the Vita I can travel to places that have a pretty rock solid WIFI connection. I came to later enjoy the first Killzone since I felt the story was decent.

What do you guys think?

I would make this a priority for online trophies since at some point Sony will remember this game has multiplayer. Also, keep in mind that the Van-Guard Systems stuff is saved locally and if you have bought Botzone you should be able to do some multiplayer trophies. Centurion I can confirm does require online multiplayer (even though I did some matches offline with Botzone, it wasn't until my 103rd match that it actually unlock) and Killing Machine trophy is easier being boosted. 

I would also make Starhawk, Warhawk and Twisted Metal priorities too. I'll be working on all of those in 2018....

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

With the upcoming server closure of Killzone 2 & 3, I have a good feeling that Mercenary isn’t too far off the chopping block for the inevitable “closure of doom and despair”. 

Unfortunately since I live in an area with terrible internet service, Killzone 2 & 3 just aren’t possible for me to earn their platinums. Thankfully with the Vita I can travel to places that have a pretty rock solid WIFI connection. I came to later enjoy the first Killzone since I felt the story was decent.

What do you guys think?

Its bound to happen and i dont think its too far off

but currently theyre too busy killing off the ps3

5 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I would make this a priority for online trophies since at some point Sony will remember this game has multiplayer. Also, keep in mind that the Van-Guard Systems stuff is saved locally and if you have bought Botzone you should be able to do some multiplayer trophies. Centurion I can confirm does require online multiplayer (even though I did some matches offline with Botzone, it wasn't until my 103rd match that it actually unlock) and Killing Machine trophy is easier being boosted. 

I would also make Starhawk, Warhawk and Twisted Metal priorities too. I'll be working on all of those in 2018....

You have to play at least 100 online matches as far as I know. There is a certain gun that has to be obtained with other players since bots won't use it. Apart from that the rest of the trophies can be obtained in Botzone or offline.

Good luck. Those games aren't exactly easy, going to require a lot of dedication and probably a bit of skill to overcome.

4 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Its bound to happen and i dont think its too far off

but currently theyre too busy killing off the ps3

Hence why I said Killzone 2 and 3.

Edited by Spaz

• 5 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, Spaz said:

There is a certain gun that has to be obtained with other players since bots won't use it.

You may be referring to the tranquilizer gun and the trophy attached to it - but I was just able to get the trophy in the botzone, I actually started a new topic, where I described it (it wasn't my original idea how to do it but the trophy guide here says Spangled cannot be obtained in the botzone, so I cleared that up).

I guess I'm in the minority since I figure that they didn't close it with the first ones, that they don't plan on closing the server anytime soon. Why get the bad publicity of always having a game's server shutting down when you can shut them all down in one swoop?

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2018 at 6:22 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

It'll close later this year or in 2019, almost certainly.

Still active as of today.

Centurion is all I got left, but still got over 70 matches I got to complete before I can get to 100.

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, TenNorbert said:

I hope not so soon, because next week I want to buy PS Vita and Killzone as my first game

Great choice as a first game! :) Be sure to focus on those multiplayer trophies though, you never know when sony decides to take it down (you could buy the offline botmode to get a few trophies but not all).

• Like 1