Persona 5: Dancing Star Night & Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night release this year on 4th December for EU/NA

A little bit of new info from producer Kazuhisa Wada.

• The games’ level of completion is rapidly increasing.
  • Since they are developing two games at once, producing what is simply twice the content keeps the staff on their toes, but everyone is working as hard as they can.
  • In order to create even more motions that reflect the individuality of each character than in Persona 4: Dancing All Night, dancers are being assigned for each character.
  • Partner dances will show relationships through completely different choreography.
  • You can choose a partner for each Fever.
  • Unlike Persona 4: Dancing All Night, where the story was set in a different world, the stages this time are set in the familiar worlds of the original works.
  • Accessories such as hair color and colored contacts can be individually set, and there is a remarkable increase in the variety of combinations.
  • Downloadable content is planned.
  • There are lots of fun elements, including a new mode that replaces Story Mode where you can enjoy interactions between characters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Venocide said:
  • Downloadable content is planned.
  • There are lots of fun elements, including a new mode that replaces Story Mode where you can enjoy interactions between characters.

Of course there's DLC planned... ? Lucky for ATLUS their games are really good.

No story mode? Let's see what takes its place. Hope it's just as good.

On 12/24/2017 at 6:41 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

So, is this game like Parappa the Rapper? I've never played any other dancing game

Not sure if someone answered this but no, not really. They are both rhythm titles but they play differently  It is a lot more like Dance Dance Revolution or Project Miku series. 

13 hours ago, mako-heart said:

they better re-dub dan

My guess is they will since they are going as far using dancers to create better animation for Dancing All Night.

7 hours ago, mako-heart said:

i dont even like rise, but to replace the games main character... they shouldve just delayed the fucking game.

im so salty

It takes a lot of people and money to make a game, so delaying it just to bring back one voice actress doesn't sound like a very smart decision to me. You expect everyone to just sit around with their thumbs up their arse? :P Besides, we don't even know why Laura Bailey didn't reprise her role, do we? Maybe she just didn't want to. What they should have done was include an option for Japanese voices.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

It takes a lot of people and money to make a game, so delaying it just to bring back one voice actress doesn't sound like a very smart decision to me. You expect everyone to just sit around with their thumbs up their arse? :P Besides, we don't even know why Laura Bailey didn't reprise her role, do we? Maybe she just didn't want to. What they should have done was include an option for Japanese voices.

she was working on uncharted, iirc

also if you want japan voice, buy japanese version.

1 hour ago, mako-heart said:

she was working on uncharted, iirc

Or they could just make it available as a DLC? English voices in Persona 4 were not great anyway. 

2 hours ago, mako-heart said:

Not all of us know Japanese or are able to afford importing games.

Most Japanese games these days have Dual Audio and they still make tons of money. Only Atlus (that I know of) still kept clinging to this ridiculous and outdated policy of dub-only localizations. It seems that they finally learned their lesson with Persona 5 (even if the Japanese audio was only included as free DLC), let's hope they continue the trend.

Maybe we'll have Dual Audio for P3DMN and P5DST... but I think - in this case - I'm going to keep the dub. I was already forced to listen to it in the previous games, so I'm gonna go for consistency, at least. Fortunately, Atlus's dubs are really good.

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

How can they be good if they always screw up pronunciations? :awesome: 

I never said they were perfect ?

(And to be perfectly honest, Ive seen a lot worse. I'm not even generally the kind of guy that likes dubs - at all - but those guys really nail it on every aspect - and yes, even on the pronunciation of the names. It may not be perfect, but it's certainly beyond acceptable)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Venocide said:

Won't be a proper Persona thread without a discussion about the English/Japanese VAs. Fucking hell... I couldn't care less, whatever decision they make, I'll still enjoy the game. Crazy I know.

And here's an idea. The purists can import the Japanese version. And the people that want an English dub can wait for the localization.

NOPE GOTTA BITCH ONLINE ALSDJSJHKSADKJASDJLALILWEJJKHLEAKJKJLDSDJKHLFDKJLSDKLJHLJHKEUIOWEIOEISFJLKDFLJK:SFLK:JSFDL:KHRELLJSFDJHDJHKFSLEJLDJKFS

As if they're even listening.

I know I wouldn't listen. These people look ridiculous.