Game Crash Warning

Semele_Siuan

I was playing the game tonight, and with only 3 letters left to collect the game crashed. When I went to reload my save file it was corrupted and I'll have to replay the game again. Going to try saving data to a usb stick the next time I play. Fortunately the game doesn't appear to be very long so its not like I lost even 10 hours so its just a slight annoyance. Anyways just wanted to post the warning in case anyone else came across the issue. There's a serious lack of information about this game which is a shame.

• 5 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 5:16 PM, Semele_Siuan said:

I was playing the game tonight, and with only 3 letters left to collect the game crashed. When I went to reload my save file it was corrupted and I'll have to replay the game again. Going to try saving data to a usb stick the next time I play. Fortunately the game doesn't appear to be very long so its not like I lost even 10 hours so its just a slight annoyance. Anyways just wanted to post the warning in case anyone else came across the issue. There's a serious lack of information about this game which is a shame.

I covered this pretty thoroughly in the trophy guide I wrote for the game over on .org.

The save corruption has to do with the number of game saves you have on the game.   On the Vita version, you can't save the game more than six times, as the Vita version can't handle more than nine total saves (the game will tack on three autosaves throughout the game). The PS4 version can handle more - I think it's around 12 or 15 total saves.

I did tell the porting company this, but they kind of brushed me off with a "we'll look into it".

• Like 3

At least now I know of a possible reason but outside of autosaves I only ever saved once manually and that was to go and get a meal it was one of my freebie afternoons before the main holiday events started so I figured it would be a quick and fun game to enjoy a lazy afternoon with.

5 hours ago, Semele_Siuan said:

At least now I know of a possible reason but outside of autosaves I only ever saved once manually and that was to go and get a meal it was one of my freebie afternoons before the main holiday events started so I figured it would be a quick and fun game to enjoy a lazy afternoon with.

Were you playing the PS4 version?  My understanding is that the Vita version only corrupts the game saves when you're at that save number I mentioned above, but the PS4 version just loves corrupting saves whenever the game crashes.  It's still that way, I suppose?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Sure enough...
I read this post beforehand and then just forgot about it.   ?
Was close to getting the final 3-4 trophies to plat when it crashed and completely corrupted the game saves.
So yeah...save it to cloud or usb...as I will this next time around. 

Edited by GITANO71