Flavour of the week glitched?

IsaacClarke

I've logged today hoping that I'd get the weeklies, monthly and sunny trophy and none of the 3 trophies popped.... Not really feeling like redoing 2 weeks + a monthly for this buggy mess... No mention about any of this in the trophy guide. Any way to see the event results again after you've checked them once ?

Edited by Thropy_Croissant

• 2 months later...
On 1.2.2020 at 9:06 PM, Thropy_Croissant said:

I've logged today hoping that I'd get the weeklies, monthly and sunny trophy and none of the 3 trophies popped.... Not really feeling like redoing 2 weeks + a monthly for this buggy mess... No mention about any of this in the trophy guide. Any the even results again after you've checked them once ?

I guess it all really comes down to the stability of you online connection during/after/before the events.

I actually completed a monthly challenge end of last year and logged recently, months later, and still got the results screen and the trophy.

For weekly challenges I also got it first try, completing only 1 of the two challenges and not even the same (first time the right of the two, second time the left of the two). Trophy popped at the results screen as described before.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll share what worked for me after trying on and off for 4 years. I did BOTH weekly events for two weeks straight instead of just one event per week as suggested by two others in a Discord channel. Did the first two (got a DNF on Stage 5 of event 2 -- game froze). I thought the DNF would tank my shot. Next week I did two more weekly events. Completed both successfully (ended up quitting the game after the first event to try to avoid another freeze). Logged in the following Monday and it popped! Maybe if you haven't tried doing both each week that might be the next option for you. I don't know if this is THE solution to this problem but it worked for me. Maybe it will work for someone else. If you're really into getting this game completed, it's worth a shot. Hopefully this will work for someone. Good luck!

Edited by wolfpack7-1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, CobraMJD said:

This trophy still has problems. I just did 3 weeks in a row, didn't notice any network problem and didn't get it.

Going for one more week...

Did you try doing BOTH weekly events offered each week for two weeks straight (4 total events)? It seems to be working for a few others. If you haven't done that, it's worth trying if you want to get it out of the way.

Edited by wolfpack7-1
added details

9 hours ago, wolfpack7-1 said:

Did you try doing BOTH weekly events offered each week for two weeks straight (4 total events)? It seems to be working for a few others. If you haven't done that, it's worth trying if you want to get it out of the way.

I got it on that 4th week doing both events. I was only doing one.

• 8 months later...

Doing both weekly events the last 2 weeks did not unlock the trophy for me, so there is something glitchy about this trophy still. Unless it pops next monday I guess it will be unobtainable for me... Should have known that 3 weeks notice on the server shutdown combined with this weekly trophy was a bad idea.

• Like 1

I will provide my personal experience with this game in case it can help someone else.

I did all the online trophies for this hot mess of a game last year including the sunny, weeklies and monthly event. I logged at the end of the month/weeks expecting all 3 trophies to pop and...NOTHING popped.

Here's where it gets interesting though. When I first booted the game, I got my notifications for completing the weekly/monthly events but no trophy. I then tried to reboot the game a couple times in vain hope it might pop but it didn't and I also didn't get the notifications again.

but I had made a backup save to the cloud after doing all the community events. I reloaded that save and booted the game again. I got the notifications again (which means they are tied to your save, not server) and the monthly trophy actually popped this time ! This seems there might be some kind of problem when the notification appears and when the trophies are supposed to pop. 

I have tried reloading my save multiple times for the weekly but that one never popped. My guess is that the first weekly somehow didn't register properly so I was screwed. I've done the weeklies (both) for the last 2 weeks following the server announcement and this time it popped as expected this morning. If it had not popped, I would have tried reloading my backup save in hopes the 2nd weekly didn't register properly because my previous experience with the monthly is definitely hinting towards that. Also, the sunny is supposed to pop as soon as you finish the race, not after the event is done and I know for a fact I had done a sunny event last year as my friends got the trophy on the same event so this game is definitely screwed.

TL;DR backup your save before you boot the game to obtain your community trophies. There's a chance you can retry to trigger the trophy until it properly works ! The problem with the weeklies is you can't know if the first weekly properly registered or not but at least you have control over the 2nd one if you keep reloading !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I will provide my personal experience with this game in case it can help someone else.

I did all the online trophies for this hot mess of a game last year including the sunny, weeklies and monthly event. I logged at the end of the month/weeks expecting all 3 trophies to pop and...NOTHING popped.

Here's where it gets interesting though. When I first booted the game, I got my notifications for completing the weekly/monthly events but no trophy. I then tried to reboot the game a couple times in vain hope it might pop but it didn't and I also didn't get the notifications again.

but I had made a backup save to the cloud after doing all the community events. I reloaded that save and booted the game again. I got the notifications again (which means they are tied to your save, not server) and the monthly trophy actually popped this time ! This seems there might be some kind of problem when the notification appears and when the trophies are supposed to pop. 

I have tried reloading my save multiple times for the weekly but that one never popped. My guess is that the first weekly somehow didn't register properly so I was screwed. I've done the weeklies (both) for the last 2 weeks following the server announcement and this time it popped as expected this morning. If it had not popped, I would have tried reloading my backup save in hopes the 2nd weekly didn't register properly because my previous experience with the monthly is definitely hinting towards that. Also, the sunny is supposed to pop as soon as you finish the race, not after the event is done and I know for a fact I had done a sunny event last year as my friends got the trophy on the same event so this game is definitely screwed.

TL;DR backup your save before you boot the game to obtain your community trophies. There's a chance you can retry to trigger the trophy until it properly works ! The problem with the weeklies is you can't know if the first weekly properly registered or not but at least you have control over the 2nd one if you keep reloading !

Thanks for pointing this out! Me and some friends talked about this method and I really regret not using it. My friend had to reload once because it didn't sync to his psn... 

Also it's really hard to know when it register properly because I can se my time on the leaderboard on the past weekly events including the 2 new ones that came today. I'm going to upload my save before this weeks events are over and hopefully it will pop next monday.

In the guide says "this trophy requires you to complete all 6 stages of one event all the way through, then the next week complete 6 stages of a weekly event again". So as for now, every new player will have this plat unobtainable.

As for me, i did past weekly events and i got no trophy yet. So, theoretically, now i got this week left. But the thing is that the weekly events ends exactly at 3rd october. So, if EA closes the server exactly at 00:00 hs, we're screwed. We need at least a few hours to get the trophy pop.

I want to think that EA will close this game at 3rd october for this reason, but who knows.

Edit: i forget to say, that backup method did nothing with me.

Edited by AN0n1m8

On 9/27/2022 at 4:27 AM, AN0n1m8 said:

In the guide says "this trophy requires you to complete all 6 stages of one event all the way through, then the next week complete 6 stages of a weekly event again". So as for now, every new player will have this plat unobtainable.

As for me, i did past weekly events and i got no trophy yet. So, theoretically, now i got this week left. But the thing is that the weekly events ends exactly at 3rd october. So, if EA closes the server exactly at 00:00 hs, we're screwed. We need at least a few hours to get the trophy pop.

I want to think that EA will close this game at 3rd october for this reason, but who knows.

Edit: i forget to say, that backup method did nothing with me.

What is the backup method?

20 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

What is the backup method?

This one:

On 26/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, Thropy_Croissant said:

[...] I had made a backup save to the cloud after doing all the community events. I reloaded that save and booted the game again. I got the notifications again (which means they are tied to your save, not server) and the monthly trophy actually popped this time !

42 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

This one:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I got a DNF on my monthly event and I dont want to wait for so long and risk the server getting closed. I don't completely understand the method, but can it help me get the trophy for the monthly event please?

Edited by Jhante_Brown

6 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I got a DNF on my monthly event and I dont want to wait for so long and risk the server getting closed. I don't completely understand the method, but can it help me get the trophy for the monthly event please?

Actually, this method only works if you have completed the event as required (so no DNF) but for some reason the trophy didn't pop up when the results were shown, thus trying to replicate the trophy activation (for me it didn't work with the weekly so it's not a guarantee).

3 hours ago, Rejim said:

Actually, this method only works if you have completed the event as required (so no DNF) but for some reason the trophy didn't pop up when the results were shown, thus trying to replicate the trophy activation (for me it didn't work with the weekly so it's not a guarantee).

I have the trophy playing two weeks as the trophy says, no need to make a backup or so. As you say, no DNF should be made or the trophy will lock until next two weeks.

9 hours ago, Jhante_Brown said:

Actually, i think there's no servers shut down, Just only delisting.