Playing this before Tomb raider definitive edition

MATT_THE_FLY

Hey fellow trophy hunters, I recently picked up a PS4 and I was looking to get this game during the Ps store January sales. I was just wondering, is the story in Rise interconnected with the previous Tomb Raider remake or can I simply jump into this game and understand the story as it is? 

Cheers.

You could play the second one first, it wouldn’t exactly ruin it but playing from the first game would be a better experience imo. Remember this is a completely new Lara from the old games. Playing from the first you will experience her growing, learning and becoming stronger. Rise is more the old Lara we all know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

Hey fellow trophy hunters, I recently picked up a PS4 and I was looking to get this game during the Ps store January sales. I was just wondering, is the story in Rise interconnected with the previous Tomb Raider remake or can I simply jump into this game and understand the story as it is? 

Cheers.

To be honest it doesn't matter which you play first. Both are great games in itself I would strongly recommend you play both but which one first doesn't really matter IMO