Alteric Vita: Massive frame drops

Soraking1991

Hi everyone!

I was playing through Alteric on my Vita and all was fine and dandy until I reached the "Hardest Mission" level (or something to that effect)... This level, on top of being overly difficult (much more than any of the previous levels), has massive frame drops when having to change dimensions near the saw part at the beginning.

I can't seem to get past this part because I can't even see my death. Has anyone got any tips for this level for anyone blinded by the horrendous frame rate?

Edited by Soraking1991

I think everyone who played the Vita version knows exactly what you mean. The parts where you fall up or down and have to move slightly to the left and right feel pretty unfair with the extremely sluggish framerate and the fact that the game also lags out when you shift dimensions. What I did was just repeat the parts trying to do the exact same movements every time. The hardest part by far is when you have to jump on the two buttons and then fall down and up. If you can nail those consistently, you should be fine since the rest isn't nearly as bad.

When you jump on the first button that's on the top, you'll want to always be in a specific spot on the left side of the platform that disappears when you change dimension. Then you want to do a very short tap jump so you land in the middle of the button. On the bottom button you'll also want to find an exact spot to do a jump on the button and then figure out the exact timing to tap left on the dpad so you don't get hit by the saws. The key is to land pretty much on the middle of both buttons so that it doesn't start the spinning motion that the cube character gets when you're near ledges.

Basically just try to always do the same jump from the same spot so you can do it blind without even looking at the game.

Edited by IDiivil

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, kid8bits said:

It will be fixed real soon after a conversation with the dev I had yesterday.

I TRIED TO EMBED THE IMAGE BUT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE SO PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FULL CONVERSATION

what? he asks questions like he (or her, I don't know) doesn't know his own game.

disgraceful. I almost lost my sanity with that level.

Edited by Katt

4 hours ago, Katt said:

what? he asks questions like he (or her, I don't know) doesn't know his own game.

disgraceful. I almost lost my sanity with that level.

This guy just released 6 games in 1 month for the Vita so unless he is definitely not putting so much attention on them. There is no way to release that amount of games giving them a proper amount amount of FPS check, Trophies check, bosses check and all that stuff.

At least he is willing to fix it which is a lot coming from a VITA dev. I'm still waiting for a crazy amount of patches from vita devs such as Corridor Z a.k.a I don't even reply your tweets...

that sounds like a bunch of excuses, If I'd make a game, the least thing I could do is play it (in fact, I spent a lot of time trying my games in the past before giving up lol) besides, the game it's stupidly short.