[Rant] THIS #$@&%* GAME!

So.. This is just a small rant topic :D I need it :P

THIS FLSDJFMLSQJLMQSL GAME. F*CK SAKE!

I've played most of it ages ago and finally decided to get back to it to finish and platinum it.

I'm at the part where I have to brand 5 warchiefs; I've done 4/5.

That. Last. F*CKING WARCHIEF MAN.

I have to grab his Supporter and hold'm for like 20 seconds-ish before he appears.
I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR MORE THAN 20 TIMES ALREADY.

HIS SUPPORTER KEEPS FHLKMHSLDQFLMSMFSQD DYING ON HIS GODDAMN OWN.

WTF D:<

It's SO frustrating, seriously! I tried a lot of times and I just keep. fucking. failing. because he KEEPS DYING.

I even went all ninja on THE WHOLE CAMP where he is and branded literally everybody within that spot.

EVERYBODY. And STILL that little shit managed to fuck up and die.

Worst part is I absolutely love this game, but this fucking bullshit just makes me want to throw my PS4 out the goddamn window!

THIS GAME

Image result for shadow of mordor meme

[/RANT]

:D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jigglypuff said:

This is a longshot, but...is this game pissing you off?

Just a tiiiiny little super big bit :D

32 minutes ago, hotdog_president said:

What if you just kill that warchief and advance time to promote a different warchief? Shouldn't the mission be different with a new warchief? Just guessing here as it's been a while since I platted the game, but that would make sense to me... Hope you get it figured out!

That wasn't possible - without the Supporter being held, the Warchief wouldn't pop up.. I had branded pretty much everybody on the board underneath him and was hoping to be able to kill him via a way around so someone would take his damn place.

Nonetheless!

After MORE THAN A DAMN DAY of trying to fucking get there...
I FINALLY MANAGED TO GET THROUGH! ?

I'm now doing the very last story mission, so I just have to clean up the rest of the trophies afterwards aaaaand DONE! :D

I still have to do that one.. These are the ones I still have to get through right now;

11S998469.png

The Hand is Severed
Kill The Black Hand.

18S6143a4.png No Power in Numbers
Help a Captain survive a Recruitment Power Struggle, and then kill him and all his new recruits.

20S27239c.png Stinking Rebels
Brand 5 Bodyguards of a Warchief, turning them against him in combat.

21S5459fd.png A Graug's Heel
Capitalize on a Warchief's Fear.

25S4143e3.png Rise and Fall
After an uruk kills you to become a Captain, help him become a Warchief, then kill him.

27S2da35f.png The White Rider
Liberate 30 slaves in 180 seconds while riding a caragor.

33S57866e.png Fire of Justice
Complete all Urfael Legend Missions.

41S7091e1.png A Mighty Doom
Acquire a level 25 Rune.

45Sca1203.png Shadows of the Ancient Past
Collect 100% of the Artifacts and listen to their memories.

47S0048f6.png

Ranger of Ithilien
Complete all Survivalist Challenges.

49Sa38560.png Liberator
Complete all Outcast Rescue Missions.

51Sf53575.png

Master of the Wilds
Complete all Hunting Challenges.

9 minutes ago, WaxWeazle said:

I'm now doing the very last story mission, so I just have to clean up the rest of the trophies afterwards aaaaand DONE! :D

Maybe throw the game out the window after your done. ?

Wait to see those time attack trophies on both DLC's. The fun really starts there ?

For the main game the most difficult trophy is the level 25 rune. To avoid frustration is better to make a cloud save for that one and reload until you get it.

3 trophies away from a platinum!

3 annoying once I've tried to get through earlier but each time the game messes up FOR me D:

Goddammit

When I tried Stinking Rebels it ended up not popping despite it should have I think?

A Graug's Heel hates me because I've been trying to get a warchief with a damn fear since AGES but I keep getting these 'fearless' assholes!

A Mighty Doom 's just a pain in the arse... I should've gotten a level 25 rune when I tried earlier today but it ended up giving me a level 24.. Clueless why, I had everything down to my knowledge.

20S27239c.png Stinking Rebels 
Brand 5 Bodyguards of a Warchief, turning them against him in combat.

21S5459fd.png

A Graug's Heel 
Capitalize on a Warchief's Fear.

41S7091e1.png A Mighty Doom 
Acquire a level 25 Rune.

• 10 months later...
On 12/26/2017 at 10:48 PM, Aexuz said:

Wait to see those time attack trophies on both DLC's. The fun really starts there 1f601.png

This is where the only difficulty in this game lies. The time attacks are unforgiving, though cheesable with save backups

When you've gotta hold onto a dude for 20 seconds for a Warchief to spawn, you can just lead him away from other Uruks and hold him without anyone coming over. Or you can stealth kill a ton of Uruks and then hold onto him without anyone coming over and interrupting. It was one of the ways to draw out a Warchief that I was often happy to see because you could manipulate it extremely easily

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2017 at 9:47 PM, WaxWeazle said:

So.. This is just a small rant topic :D I need it :P

THIS FLSDJFMLSQJLMQSL GAME. F*CK SAKE!

I've played most of it ages ago and finally decided to get back to it to finish and platinum it.

I'm at the part where I have to brand 5 warchiefs; I've done 4/5.

That. Last. F*CKING WARCHIEF MAN.

I have to grab his Supporter and hold'm for like 20 seconds-ish before he appears.
I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR MORE THAN 20 TIMES ALREADY.

HIS SUPPORTER KEEPS FHLKMHSLDQFLMSMFSQD DYING ON HIS GODDAMN OWN.

WTF D:<

It's SO frustrating, seriously! I tried a lot of times and I just keep. fucking. failing. because he KEEPS DYING.

I even went all ninja on THE WHOLE CAMP where he is and branded literally everybody within that spot.

EVERYBODY. And STILL that little shit managed to fuck up and die.

Worst part is I absolutely love this game, but this fucking bullshit just makes me want to throw my PS4 out the goddamn window!

THIS GAME

Image result for shadow of mordor meme

[/RANT]

:D

I know I am super late to the party, but if you brand a bodyguard and command him to betray the warchief, you skip the mission to lure out the warchief. If the warchief doesn’t have any bodyguards, brand a captain then order him to become a bodyguard. You have to help him through a power struggle then he’ll be a bodyguard and use the steps above. 

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Are you saying both versions are shit?

No just the ps3. Encountered a crazy number of glitches such as audio loops or no sound at all, failure to load textures, and as you saw in the video, a super cinematic experience that I couldn't handle. (flipping 2 fps at 1:43..)

Ps4 version was great and lots of fun. I do recommend that one

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

Encountered a crazy number of glitches such as audio loops or no sound at all, failure to load textures,

Thanks. The PS3 version is in my backlog, so if it's not functional I'll just skip it entirely.

11 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Thanks. The PS3 version is in my backlog, so if it's not functional I'll just skip it entirely.

I do recommend you skip it. Not worth the hassle. 

Or if you want, you can play it on an alt, see how it performs/plays and if you can stomach it, then more power to you and no money wasted. 

But I just wanted to let you know that the ps4 GOTY version is 100x better in terms of performance, content and the nemesis system which is downgraded on the ps3 because it requires a better CPU to handle the AI. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Oh, it's "functional" alright, it just has some of the worst load times for some of the worst texture pop-ins you'll ever see on a PS3. And considering the PS3 is an underpowered mess already, you know that means something, there. You won't see that on the box but it's the truth of it.

It's a doable, if testing, chore that I'd probably have foregone as well if it had included the DLC trophies, which it thankfully didn't. You can bet your sweet bippy this had a lot to do with WB canceling the PS3 port of Mortal Kombat X.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

GOTY version is 100x better in terms of performance

PS3 version has no online trophies, unlike the PS4 version. This was the main reason I was interested in the PS3, but I don't mind skipping it entirely. There's no need to play a trash version of a game that I'm not even all that interested in to begin with. Plus, I got it for free, so no money wasted on my end. Guess I'll try to flip the disc next month somewhere.

• Like 1