Password protecting a profile

Gwendly

Is there a way to password protect a user profile similar to how you can do it on PS4?

I know you can restrict by age, but that won't help if my kids accidently login to my account and fire up an old sports game that rated for E, that I'd really like to avoid having on my profile...

I have my PS3 set to the most restrictive parental control setting and that requires a PIN for literally any game to be started.  It applies it to all users on the console though (so you'd have to put it in for them everytime they wanted to play on their own profiles) and all games show up as 'parental control restricted' in place of the game title, so if you've got digital games you'd need to put them each in their own folder named after the game (I'd already had to do this to get them to display in alphabetical order).

It's the best workaround I've managed to find to prevent accidental plays on my account.  Removing auto log-in doesn't stop people playing on your profile, just means you can prevent them syncing if you check each time you play before logging in and delete/restore yourself when necessary.