Free 2 Play Games with Trophy support

horrorstan

Better Overview  

438 members have voted

1. 1. How should I label games that are "Delisted", "Region locked" etc.?

• Color coded *
    • Squared numbers ²
    • Color coded squared numbers ²
    • Emojis

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded "HOT WHEELS: RIFT RALLY" after browsing through the free games list on the PS Store. A trophy unlocked as soon as I started the game, but I don't know how much you can play from it or even if you can play it at all. I've ran into paywalls on every mode. But, it has "some trophies" that you can unlock for free I guess. No different to Trackmania in a way.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21629-hot-wheels-rift-rally

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

I downloaded "HOT WHEELS: RIFT RALLY" after browsing through the free games list on the PS Store. A trophy unlocked as soon as I started the game, but I don't know how much you can play from it or even if you can play it at all. I've ran into paywalls on every mode. But, it has "some trophies" that you can unlock for free I guess. No different to Trackmania in a way.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/21629-hot-wheels-rift-rally

Isn't that game bound to expensive hardware sold separately much like Virzoom Arcade? In that case, an RC Hot Wheels car?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, it didn't even last one year. It joins Rumbleverse and Multiversus in games released that don't even last 1 year. Even when they failed, they used to last a little bit longer. Maybe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for the free to play model in games as it looks like the market is overstaurated with them and they seem to be not as profitable as they once were.

• Like 1

I see the problem more as there are already long established free to play games that have a pull and an audience. Creating a new one requires significant draw to keep people from bailing. Rumbleverse, Multiversus and Gundan Evolution just didn't. They passed in as the new thing and couldn't hold a solid audience past that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...