Earthlock Shouldhavebeen Edition! Q1 2018

fisty123

17 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Free for past owners - Both physical and digital will be able to get it for free

was about to rage about picking this up a month or so ago but then they've added it as free content for ppl that alrdy own the game. :) 

may as well wait for this to be released before i start it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

I bought the game recently and was intending to start it this week. But now that I read this news I dont know anymore. Maybe I should wait for the better version.But wait: a new trophy list will appear; so what will happen with the existing one? Im confused.

I am assuming it will be a whole new list and the digital version for the "old" list will be removed from the PSN store.
You can still buy this version physical, was rare but can be done. I rather enjoyed this game and have no issues playing it again but stacking a trophy list is not for everyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I am assuming it will be a whole new list and the digital version for the "old" list will be removed from the PSN store.
You can still buy this version physical, was rare but can be done. I rather enjoyed this game and have no issues playing it again but stacking a trophy list is not for everyone.

My version is digital. Yeah, I know the game is great already xD in this case I have to decide and complete the game before it get the upgrades. I still dont know if I would like stacking because Im kinda against stacking. But now Im wondering if doing both versions will look more like a complete set than a stack. Also its good to know theres a sequel coming. 

Yea, stacking the same game; even if the trophies may differ in some way is still a no no in my book. Heck that why I have Minecraft {PS3} hidden cause my daughter's friend was stupid and instead of going on my old account to play the game, she went on this one an earned a single trophy in it. >.< I wasn't planning on having hidden trophies on this account but I'm against stacking so much. xD But it nice to know that they are upgrading the already great game. I'm currently playing it an still loving it; though the whole lvling everyone up to 20 and having all bonds and talents maxed seems like a long grind ahead.

Edited by tsuki_-no-_usagi
  • Like 1

Late to the party, but I'm glad to hear this! I like when a developer admits that things could be better, and gives a version that attempts to answer criticism (Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice is a great example). 

I had noticed this game in the past, but I will definitely pick it up sometime now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This looks pretty much like the original list with the addition of a number of trophies linked, I assume, to the new buildings on the island.

It was a fun game that needed to be fleshed out. Will be curious to see how the mechanics changed. If the list is out, I’m assuming the game itself should follow shortly...

37 minutes ago, visighost said:

This looks pretty much like the original list with the addition of a number of trophies linked, I assume, to the new buildings on the island.

It was a fun game that needed to be fleshed out. Will be curious to see how the mechanics changed. If the list is out, I’m assuming the game itself should follow shortly...

The game comes out March 8th. Heard they were giving the new version for free if you own the original so I grabbed it for a few bucks during a sale. Looking forward to giving this "remaster" a go.

Three trophy lists now for the new version.
I enjoyed the original game for an indie product I thought it was done rather well.
I will give the new version a shot and if I enjoy it just as much as I did the first time around then I might even stack it again.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:16 AM, Killbomb said:

The game comes out March 8th. Heard they were giving the new version for free if you own the original so I grabbed it for a few bucks during a sale. Looking forward to giving this "remaster" a go.

Do you know if there's truth to this? I have the original in my backlog. Bought it back in December.

6 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Do you know if there's truth to this? I have the original in my backlog. Bought it back in December.

Truth to the new version being free? Yeah, read the original post, it makes it very clear.

I'm slightly confused. Is it "free" as in, it'll be a patch that renders the original game with the original trophy list unobtainable, or will it be a separate download so that we could have both versions? 

The fact that it's a separate trophy list and anything new, if any, is not just patched on as DLC trophies makes me think it's the latter, but if anybody can clarify, that'd be great.

17 minutes ago, Holonboy said:

I'm slightly confused. Is it "free" as in, it'll be a patch that renders the original game with the original trophy list unobtainable, or will it be a separate download so that we could have both versions? 

The fact that it's a separate trophy list and anything new, if any, is not just patched on as DLC trophies makes me think it's the latter, but if anybody can clarify, that'd be great.

This will replace the original on the store. If you have the original brought you will still be able to download it but you will not be able to purchase it once the new version is out.
Unless you buy one of the physical versions.

Just read on the dev's website that the PS4 version won't be out until March 20th in the U.S., March 15th in Japan and an unconfirmed date of March 28th in EU. A bit disappointed since I was hoping to play through it before Ni No Kuni 2. 

• 2 months later...
On 29.12.2017 at 9:15 AM, fisty123 said:

Free for past owners - Both physical and digital will be able to get it for free

How are those with the physical edition getting the new game? Is it simply a patch for disc owners and that changed the game copletly that you even have the different trophy list?

2 hours ago, Lucksi666 said:

How are those with the physical edition getting the new game? Is it simply a patch for disc owners and that changed the game copletly that you even have the different trophy list?

To be honest no idea, I never looked into it as the physical version was so rare here I ended up getting digital

3 hours ago, Lucksi666 said:

I messaged them awhile ago on twitter about this, they were still working on making it work with physical versions.

https://medium.com/@bendikstang/how-we-were-able-to-offer-a-free-earthlock-upgrade-to-all-customers-6b9fef528db7

So here is what you need to do to swap the physical disk of Earthlock: Festival of Magic (PS4/XBO) with a digital download code:

1. Write your email address on a piece of paper.
  2. Write on the paper if you want a digital key for PS4(North America), XboxOne or Steam.
  3. Put the paper with your email in an envelope.
  4. Put the Earthlock disk in the envelope.
  5. Send it to our office, remember postage. (See address below).
  6. Be patient and eventually you will receive an email with a game key.

Edited by grifteskymfning
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, stupot00 said:

Not sure how I feel about this, as my physical copy is still unopened. Mite just go buy a second hand copy to send off for the newer version.

Given all you get is a downloaded code it might be easier just buying the digital version instead of going through all that and losing a physical copy in the process

10 hours ago, stupot00 said:

Not sure how I feel about this, as my physical copy is still unopened. Mite just go buy a second hand copy to send off for the newer version.

The video says no PS4 keys, website says only NA PS4 key. Better off waiting for a severely reduced sale.