Where to begin?

How do you even play this game? Seriously, I start the game up and did the tutorial but after that I can't do anything. I click on play and want to do the THPS levels. I click on the first one that is available and have tried to start a match or even a private match but cannot do anything it fails to connect to a lobby or to join. Is there no way to play this offline? I know this may be really dumb questions but this is very frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Online the game was a pile of shit when it launched.

Offline, it's an okay, average kinda Tony Hawk game. 

Play it offline, kill the internet on your console (or just sign out of PSN, though that might jeopardize timestamps, not sure), and then load the game up. The load times are infinitely quicker, almost instant for me, and there's no real lag or glitches or anything. Still an average kinda game, but all the glitches that people were showing off were mostly due to the piss poor online, not bailing the game out or anything, it's still a real issue and all, but just play it offline dude.

Offline you can do all the missions, free skate, and I'm pretty sure you can play any downloaded / created levels too, but don't quote me on that. 

Outside of like grinding to level 50, it's honestly one of the easiest platinums I've ever got, and sure, I'm pretty good at Tony Hawk games, but this one requires no real pre-existing skill going into it, and on top of that, most of the cool combos and stuff you'd do in previous ones don't work here as you can't change to a different manual or grind trick without ollieing off and grinding the rail again.

Online's kinda fun if you have a buddy to play with (I played with icebears4ever at one point, which was sweet), but otherwise it's shit, glitchy, and just not really that fun anyway. And that's coming from someone who not only plays a shitload of THPS on split screen STILL, but goes as far as to hook up 2 PSPs with THUG 2 and do a local multiplayer sesh on the regular too. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 10:03 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

wow...now I feel really lucky...played it at the start of December I think...

I'll hop online at some point this week to see if it's down on ps3...possibly plat is unachievable now?...

Platinum is unachievable. You can get all trophies except for rating 1, 10, and 25 player levels...its interesting to note that you can still create a level and publish it online though so the servers must not be completely down.

1 hour ago, BEASTzINCARNATEz said:

Platinum is unachievable. You can get all trophies except for rating 1, 10, and 25 player levels...its interesting to note that you can still create a level and publish it online though so the servers must not be completely down.

So there's a chance that the plat is still obtainable or no? 

57 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3918-tony-hawks-pro-skater-5/44-feedback-given

Don't think the platinum is unachievable, since this person got it about 12 days ago this year, on the 13th, the one to rate just one level. Maybe it depends on region? Idk. I got the 100 percent on the Xbox 360 years ago so it was easy.

I saw that as well but I literally load the game and try to get the rate trophies every day for almost 2 weeks and had no luck always get the same error as above.

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

So there's a chance that the plat is still obtainable or no? 

If you can somehow get people's created levels to load so you can rate them yes but I haven't had any luck every day for the past 2 weeks.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, BEASTzINCARNATEz said:

Can honestly say at the time of this post, I got all the online trophies (PS3 version) for this game. Platinum is obtainable. When the level loads up and you quit it, do you leave a thumbs up/down AND leave a comment like fun, big, etc? Doing both of those will count as a rating. Learned that quick last night. 

Edited by kidson2004

8 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Can honestly say at the time of this post, I got all the online trophies (PS3 version) for this game. Platinum is obtainable. When the level loads up and you quit it, do you leave a thumbs up/down AND leave a comment like fun, big, etc? Doing both of those will count as a rating. Learned that quick last night. 

I know that but the thing is no player created levels even load gives a server error on ps4 version.

• 2 weeks later...

This chap has got the other two rating trophies now. 

If it's not linked to Plus then I wonder what's going on... 

I've switched off autoregressive - possibly a daft question, but if I let Plus expire for a few hours to test it next month, when I pay up again I still get access to previous Plus games, right? Never had it expire before...