Does This Game Work with an Old Guitar?

Trugo314

I'm currently playing the game with a 1960 Silvertone and I'm having a ton of issues. When I first calibrated the volume, the game says I changed the volume knob even though I never did. When I tune it, it says it's all good. Then a few seconds later I tune it again and it says all the strings are way off. I thought I might have a cable issue but one of the songs has notes on the 21st fret, and my guitar only has 19. This leads me to believe I just need a more modern guitar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 9:45 AM, Trugo314 said:

I'm currently playing the game with a 1960 Silvertone and I'm having a ton of issues. When I first calibrated the volume, the game says I changed the volume knob even though I never did. When I tune it, it says it's all good. Then a few seconds later I tune it again and it says all the strings are way off. I thought I might have a cable issue but one of the songs has notes on the 21st fret, and my guitar only has 19. This leads me to believe I just need a more modern guitar. 

Yeah I would definitely get a new guitar. I didn't even know what it was, had to Google it. I am not some type of guitar aficionado though, that is for sure. I saw a lot of models with a single neck pickup when I Googled 1960 Silvertone and I do know Rocksmith recommends using the Bridge Pickup, kind of hard if you don't have one. 

Being that old, the pickups could be shot and if that is the case, the game will never detect notes correctly since that is what Rocksmith uses to transmit the tone of your actual guitar into the tone of the tuning the song is actually played in, if that makes sense. On top of that, there could be all sorts of intonation issues if it hasn't has a proper setup in a while. Also, for the most part, guitars are made either 22 or 24 fret. Surprised to hear yours only has 19 but maybe it is a Jazz guitar (completely guessing) or something. I know even Les Paul's have 22 frets in the 60's.

In closing, if you are really serious about playing/learning, get a new guitar, it will definitely cut down on the frustrations you will inevitably run into.

Edited by skateak

23 hours ago, skateak said:

Yeah I would definitely get a new guitar. I didn't even know what it was, had to Google it. I am not some type of guitar aficionado though, that is for sure. I saw a lot of models with a single neck pickup when I Googled 1960 Silvertone and I do know Rocksmith recommends using the Bridge Pickup, kind of hard if you don't have one. 

Being that old, the pickups could be shot and if that is the case, the game will never detect notes correctly since that is what Rocksmith uses to transmit the tone of your actual guitar into the tone of the tuning the song is actually played in, if that makes sense. On top of that, there could be all sorts of intonation issues if it hasn't has a proper setup in a while. Also, for the most part, guitars are made either 22 or 24 fret. Surprised to hear yours only has 19 but maybe it is a Jazz guitar (completely guessing) or something. I know even Les Paul's have 22 frets in the 60's.

In closing, if you are really serious about playing/learning, get a new guitar, it will definitely cut down on the frustrations you will inevitably run into.

Yeah I bought a more modern one a few weeks ago. Helped out immensely, thanks for all the info? 

5 hours ago, Trugo314 said:

Yeah I bought a more modern one a few weeks ago. Helped out immensely, thanks for all the info1f44d.png 

Haha. Didn't even realize the thread was that old. What did you end up getting and what did you pay? I have two myself, paid about $400 or so for each of them. The red one is a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 and the blue one is an ESP LTD MH-103QM. I don't have a camera right now but I will post stock photos in the spoilers. 

Spoiler

OMEN%20EXTREME%20BCH%206.png

Spoiler

060831A.jpg

Edited by skateak

17 hours ago, skateak said:

Haha. Didn't even realize the thread was that old. What did you end up getting and what did you pay? I have two myself, paid about $400 or so for each of them. The red one is a Schecter Omen Extreme 6 and the blue one is an ESP LTD MH-103QM. I don't have a camera right now but I will post stock photos in the spoilers. 

Reveal hidden contents

OMEN%20EXTREME%20BCH%206.png

Reveal hidden contents

060831A.jpg

Got a Spectrum Stratocaster for a hundred. Idk how to do all that fancy hidden content stuff