Question on OP! and Master! trophies

MarcancooL

Hi guys, since I havent found any guide for NHL 18, I'm leaving my questions here. I guess the answers may help other players.

Op! : I've seen that some of my players have a synergy thing, but I don't really understand how this thing works. Is it buyable for our actual players? Do we need to buy/earn players possessing one? Is there a way to earn the silver trophy related to that easily?

Master!: How do we know a collection is an expert one (that's the french term, not sure about the English one), to earn the gold trophy? I looked at the actual collections but I didn't notice a difference between them, so I was wondering!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎31 at 1:34 AM, MarcancooL said:

Hi guys, since I havent found any guide for NHL 18, I'm leaving my questions here. I guess the answers may help other players.

Op! : I've seen that some of my players have a synergy thing, but I don't really understand how this thing works. Is it buyable for our actual players? Do we need to buy/earn players possessing one? Is there a way to earn the silver trophy related to that easily?

Master!: How do we know a collection is an expert one (that's the french term, not sure about the English one), to earn the gold trophy? I looked at the actual collections but I didn't notice a difference between them, so I was wondering!

Thanks!

For the OP! trophy, every player in your active HUT lineup needs to have an active synergy. Each player has a specific synergy style (check by pressing R3). A synergy style is only active once you have a certain number of players in your lineup with that synergy style. For example, one synergy style may require you to have 4 players in your lineup with it in order to activate, whereas some other synergy styles require 12 players with that style. It is pretty easy to get the trophy by going into the auction house and searching for specific synergy styles. Just buy a bunch of OHL/WHL/QMJHL players for cheap and make sure they all have an active synergy style once you set your lineups.

For the Master! trophy... this one is a pain in the ass. At least it was for me. Every month HUT comes out with a limited time series of sets (Halloween, Movember, Christmas, etc.). The Master set is the LAST and most difficult set to complete (Last month it was a 90 OVR Master Level Brent Burns). To get the trophy, you need to complete the Master set. As far as I know, there is no easy way around this. You just need to play a lot of HUT, get a lot of coins, and either buy the necessary collectible cards in the auction house or get lucky by buying some packs. To put this into perspective, I completed the Brent Burns Master set last month, and between the Xmas collectibles and the Carbon collectible required to complete it, it cost me well over 200k coins.

Good luck!