2018's Platinum Challenge of Destiny! Kent Wins!

Clash of Destiny!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious?

9 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Hmm...with you saying you enjoy hack and slash games, I wonder if you may also like Nights of Azure?  I really enjoyed the first game and I'm currently halfway through my first playthrough of the second, I'd definitely recommend them.

Good to see a positive write up about Dragon Quest Heroes too, I started it last year and never went back to it.

I looked at some trailers, and it seems interesting. Maybe I'll get it eventually.

I've heard mostly negative things about Dragon Quest Heroes, so I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully, the second one is good too.

• Like 1

Nearly done with Dungeon Punks. I've only got 4 chapters left in NG+ and the plat will be mine. I've also been working on boosting TLOU Remastered multiplayer so that's been taking up a lot of my time. Luckily I have some not so secret weapons to catch me up once you drop your point pomb, it just depends on when I actually want to earn the plats for them. 

Congrats on all the progress you've made by the way, you're crushing it! 

• Like 4

Just now, Kent10201 said:

Nearly done with Dungeon Punks. I've only got 4 chapters left in NG+ and the plat will be mine. I've also been working on boosting TLOU Remastered multiplayer so that's been taking up a lot of my time. Luckily I have some not so secret weapons to catch me up once you drop your point pomb, it just depends on when I actually want to earn the plats for them. 

Congrats on all the progress you've made by the way, you're crushing it! 

Thanks. I'm just making the most of what's left of my Winter Break. After this week, you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

• Like 1

Just now, jem said:

Thanks. I'm just making the most of what's left of my Winter Break. After this week, you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

I'll have another week off two weeks from now so that'll be my time to catch up. Luckily for you I'm going away for Spring break so if you'll have your time then. I have a feeling it'll be a close race though. 

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I'll have another week off two weeks from now so that'll be my time to catch up. Luckily for you I'm going away for Spring break so if you'll have your time then. I have a feeling it'll be a close race though. 

My goal is 500 points with at least one 100-point game. We'll see what happens though.

7 minutes ago, Dessane said:

@Kent10201 Slipping in the polls, pick it up mate :P 

Oh, neat. We're tied. It must be because of all of my prepped plats. Speaking of which, I just prepped another one.

Spoiler

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS DANGANRONPA, BUT IT WAS REALLY WHITETAIL CHALLENGE, the best deer-hunting game I've ever played! Tonight, I embarked on an epic quest to find the LEGENDARY Alpine Buck! The sly animal might've escaped my grasp seven months ago, but its inevitable death loomed closer and closer until finally, it had no choice but to give up quietly (after I got eaten by a wolf, but that's beside the point). All I need to do now is shoot a doe with an AR-15, and I will finally plat this treasure of a game. This grand experience was worth the half point for sure.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I've also been working on boosting TLOU Remastered multiplayer so that's been taking up a lot of my time.

Why aren't you just playing the multiplayer normally? It's really easy to get the trophies in Remastered by just playing normally and I thought the multiplayer was very enjoyable, whereas I can see boosting must be a pretty boring.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Why aren't you just playing the multiplayer normally? It's really easy to get the trophies in Remastered by just playing normally and I thought the multiplayer was very enjoyable, whereas I can see boosting must be a pretty boring.

For many reasons. I thought the multiplayer got boring after the first 50 matches I played and I was tired of getting killed by people because they paid for DLC weapons. I also didn't want to take the risk of failing a 100% mission and starting a journey over again (even if the missions may be easy). It also cuts the time of the multiplayer trophies down in half. I would much rather spend 12-15 hours boosting and doing something else in the background due to the game needing little attention than spend 20-25 hours playing a mode that I don't enjoy. 

5 hours ago, Dessane said:

@Kent10201 Slipping in the polls, pick it up mate :P 

It's their fault for making the wrong decision, nothing I can do about it :P.

• Like 1

Well, my HTC period has started, so I finally popped all of my prepped plats. I also spent a good chunk of tonight finishing up Game of Thrones, bringing me to 74 points total. I should be getting at least a few more plats in the incoming days, but they sadly won't give me too many more points.

• Like 2

Well, I doubled my plat-count over the past few days with Truck Racer, Undertale, Batman, Minecraft: Story Mode, and Deponia for a gain of 2.3 points. They're not the most glamorous group of plats, but hopefully higher-quality content will be up soon.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2018 at 5:47 PM, jem said:

Well, I doubled my plat-count over the past few days with Truck Racer, Undertale, Batman, Minecraft: Story Mode, and Deponia for a gain of 2.3 points. They're not the most glamorous group of plats, but hopefully higher-quality content will be up soon.

Congrats on all of the new plats and having a great HTC period! I have a little bit of an update myself.

Collector of Souls 

1L3de625.png

Rarity: 8.33% ; Enjoyment: 5/10 ; Point Value: 2 

The game was pretty average overall but was a good game to play when I wanted to listen to music or watch a show as the game is just one big grind. I also had a trophy glitch on me which was annoying but only took a couple hours to make the progress back up. 

I also completed TLOU multiplayer at the towards the middle of last week and boosting it was actually pretty fun. I met a lot of great people and got caught up in some shows I wanted to watch during load screens and idling. Was definitely a better way to go about completing it in my opinion. 

I worked on Wolfenstein a bit this weekend as well which was really enjoyable. I should have that wrapped up in the next couple of days. 

Although 100%s don't count for this race for some reason I decided to go back to Entwined after two and a half years and finally completed it. The fire challenge was pretty difficult but other than that it was rather easy and I'm glad I went back to it. I managed to get 3 more UR trophies in the process which is always nice. 

As for goals for this week I would like to complete Wolfenstein and then get started on Grounded + in TLOU. I haven't decided whether or not to do two separate playthroughs for Grounded and collectibles but that will probably be the case. I'm also going to start grinding out the AC4 multiplayer as I'm trying to get as many multiplayer games done this year as possible with all of the server closures that have been happening. 

Good luck this week with school Jem! Hopefully you find some time to trophy hunt during the week. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm officially counts now, bringing @Kent10201 to a whopping three points!

Things have been kind of slow for me as I'm adjusting to my new semester schedule, but I at least finished prepping Monster Jam: Battlegrounds today for a whole tenth of a point! I'm not sure what I'll tackle next, but I'm fooling around with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax in the meantime.

• Like 3

It happened a few days ago, but I got the plat in Monster Jam: Battlegrounds, giving me my tenth of a point.

Unfortunately, my college wifi is too bad to get online trophies, so P4AU will have to wait. Instead, I'm back to Trigger Happy Havoc, getting over half of the remaining trophies today. I plan to finish it this weekend.

• Like 3

As promised, I finished Trigger Happy Havoc last night, bringing me to a whopping 12 plats this month (tied with my personal best).

In other news, @Kent10201 popped a few plats this week without saying anything (maybe he's shy). Congrats on getting the Rogue Legacy plat. Once again, we've proven that the UR multiplier really comes in handy!

• Like 3

I went ahead and got the Arcade Game Series Pac Man platinum yesterday. Wasn't as easy as I expected but also not difficult either. A quick, easy point for this race.

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man 

Retro Gamer 

1L201f98.png

Rarity: 30.88% ; Difficulty: 3/10 ; Enjoyment: 6/10 

I'll be working on The Last of Us: Remastered and Nier Automata the next week or so and have been playing a little Surgeon Simulator everyday. I'm getting pretty close to the plat but have a couple of pretty challenging trophies left until I get there. Hopefully you're making good progress in your games too @jem!

• Like 3

On 2/5/2018 at 2:23 AM, Dessane said:

@Kent10201 How have you been finding Nier? I've been meaning to check it out

The game is incredible in every aspect. It's my favorite genre being hack and slash, the gameplay is fun and fluid, you get invested in the characters from the beginning, the story and world are intriguing, boss fights are awesome, the soundtrack, graphics and art style are beautiful. I have nothing bad to say about it. What are you waiting for!? Go pick it up right now! :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

The game is incredible in every aspect. It's my favorite genre being hack and slash, the gameplay is fun and fluid, you get invested in the characters from the beginning, the story and world are intriguing, boss fights are awesome, the soundtrack, graphics and art style are beautiful. I have nothing bad to say about it. What are you waiting for!? Go pick it up right now! :P

With a reccomendation like that I just might have to!

• 4 months later...

It's been roughly four months, and @Kent has finally surpassed me in platinum count for 2018 (congrats). I've delayed updating this long enough, so I finally sat down and calculated our point totals so far.

While our point gap has considerably lessened, I still seem to have a comfortable lead. Will I be able to win this challenge without getting a single platinum since February? Only time will tell.

Spoiler

In all seriousness, I'm sorry I kind of brushed this thread aside for so long. While my trophy progress is a whole lot slower now, I'll still make an effort to post an update when something interesting happens.

Well, I just found out that @Kent got PS Now, so I have no choice but to widen our point gap before he gets any funny ideas.

Let's start with an instant ten-point boost with Minecraft! Special thanks to @TigressLion for helping me get the last few trophies I needed.

I was leisurely cruising through BlazBlue: CSE for a while, but it looks like I'll need some reinforcements if I want to survive the inevitable onslaught that's coming my way. I don't intend on buying an army of games, so I'll just have to sink deep into the depths of my backlog for help. Interesting things are about to happen it seems. :giggle: