The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

ok... last batch of winter anime for me...

77833.jpg

Dagashi Kashi

Synopsis

Kokonotsu “Coconuts” Shikada dreams of becoming a famous manga artist. The only problem—he's terrible. His real talent is selling the complex and delicious snacks in his father's “dagashi” shop. He never thought much about the family business until the trendy, eccentric Hotaru showed up. As a lover of “dagashi,” she can't let his talent go to waste and decides she won't stop 'til she's sold him on sweets. -FUNimation

the last ep featured....Fruit Drops!!!! *sob*

a slice of anime about... Jap sweets/candies/snacks... pretty short anime and somehow quite fun to watch... don't watch it though while you are hungry...

66705.jpg

World Trigger

Synopsis

One day, a gate to another world opened in Mikado City. Invaders from another dimension, referred to thereafter as Neighbors, overran the area around the gate, leaving the city gripped by fear. However, a mysterious group suddenly appeared and repelled the Neighbors. This Border Defense Agency independently researches Neighbor technology and fights to protect this world. In a short time, they managed to build an enormous base and prepare a defensive system against the Neighbors. it's been four years since then. -Crunchyroll

*sigh* first Fairy Tail.. now this... why do they need to end anime at the start of an arc???????

been watching this one since 2014... it is sad that the anime ended (and it ended to the part when it gets very very interesting)...

one of my personal fave Shounen anime to date... sure it has flaws (*eyeroll* 10 mins recap) and it has a lots of characters that I couldn't even remember like 10 names but I still enjoyed watching this from start to end... Osamu is now my all time fave Magane-kun... 

time to read the manga now I guess...

• Like 1

New anime of the season

I really dont know what I have watched... It's plot is either too complex or unbelievable simple...

lol.. same... but it is somehow giving me Another vibe + Danganronpa (so yeah, in first 5 minutes... meet the 30 characters). quite curious how it will go since it will only have 1 cour...

77834.jpg

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (episode 12)

Kinda schematic and predictable like every shoujo/josei anime but overall it was a warm and positive series with great characters, music and animation. 

Best gal

tumblr_o0t7p83Jfe1tdkg6mo1_500.gif

75376.jpg

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (episode 1-4)

Edited by Neku-tan
  • Like 1

Glasslip incoming again? =D

oh no.. I do hope not... I don't mind if it went to Another route instead...

Meh, a fairly decent light-hearted anime but certainly not one to be taken seriously. Next I'll be watching Ace Attorney alongside FMA:B

Musaigen no phantom world, 3.5/5. 10 episodes of random stuff, 3 episodes of plot. Also, SO MUCH TRIVIA. 

we survived!!! well... at least it is better than Divine Gate...  :rolleyes:

since there is not much new anime atm... decided to watch this one:

78147.jpg

Kuma Miko

it has a bear... a loli... and it's genre is Seinen and Comedy....soooo....

6tO3j8Y.jpg

why am I not surprised... xD

77968.jpg

Ajin

Just one more episode, but I already want a Season 2. That Satou fella really knows what he is doing...

Glasslip incoming again? =D

A really bizarre one. Maybe it is a mix of Glasslip with Another, because I really think people are going to die and we are not going to know why.

Love Live: School Idol Project Season 1 and 2

love-live-school-idol-project-5120.jpg

Really liked this anime, although the 2nd season was better. It has some nice comedy in there and also liked the music. 

Pretty much liked all of the girls so that's a good thing i guess :D

Anyway best girl is Nozomi

tumblr_nl90ixcG3p1tz7vhco1_500.gif

Yhea i made a list of anime i want to watch before 2016 ends and im@s is in there aswell :)

You don't need to watch The Idolmaster: Xenoglossia. It has nothing to with the game universe. I'd rather recommend you to watch Im@s movie just after because it is a sequel to the first Idolm@ster.

Edited by Neku-tan

Love Live: School Idol Project Season 1 and 2

love-live-school-idol-project-5120.jpg

Really liked this anime, although the 2nd season was better. It has some nice comedy in there and also liked the music. 

Pretty much liked all of the girls so that's a good thing i guess :D

Niiiiiice!

But...

Anyway best girl is Nozomi

tumblr_nl90ixcG3p1tz7vhco1_500.gif

Ugh :/

My latest three stops on my journey to become both the artsiest and most pretentious person on the internet.

49983.jpg Kujira no Chouyaku (or Glassy Ocean)

A 1998 short film made by Studio Tamura Shigeru, a group that made a few artsy short films in the mid to late 90s. There is fairly little actual narrative going on here, as seems to be the trend with most of their work. The entire film seems like an experiment on how to use the then still new and unexplored technology of CG animation in creative ways and it does a surprisingly good job at it considerin its age. The CG in this film, while very easily spotted, always works visually rather than taking me out of the film as it usually does even in modern day works. There are a couple shots that feel like they were added just to show off the CG, which i feel the overall film could have done without, especially as the film had some exceptionally well made still shots. The budget is very clearly low and the film can't exactly hide it, but it has still aged surprisingly well due to the pleasant art direction.

I'd rate it a 7/10.

10188.jpg Nekojiru-Sou (or Cat Soup)

A 2001 OVA made by J.C. Staff, aka the studio that makes the most generic shows on the planet by day and complete acid trips by night. This is one of the latter category if you couldn't tell by the artwork itself (or the reputation regarding this piece). Like Kujira, Nekojiru is a visually intriguing piece first and foremost, following the story of a little kitten as it seeks to restore the soul of its brain-damaged sister to cure her from being brain-damaged i think. It's rather hard to tell exactly what this piece is about or wants to say after a single viewing and i don't like overinterpreting things. I'd say it's a meta commentary on human entertainment in form of an eccentric dark acid trip. I caught onto some references to old fairy tales as well as metaphors for growing up, religion and man's animalistic nature but again maybe i was just seeing metaphors where there were never really any intentions of making any such statement. At the very least, it's a visually engaging and memorable 30 minutes.

8/10 i think.

13357.jpg Tsumiki no Ie (or La Maison en Petits Cubes)

A 2008 12-minute film made by the same producer as 2003's Aru Tabibito no Nikki, a show which i enjoyed quite a bunch back when i saw it. The story follows an old man living in a house that has become fully submerged in water. As the water level has risen, he has continuously been building new rooms on top of the old ones to stay above water level. When he accidentally drops his favorite pipe into the water, he decides to dive down to get it back. The film follows him as he keeps going to lower and lower levels, reminiscing about his time spent in each respective floor. If i had to compare this film to anything, the first minutes of Disney's Up as well a 2012 short film called Furiko or Pendulum would come to mind. Like both, Tsumiki stays fairly simple with its theme and delivers its story without any dialogue at all, focusing mostly on delivering emotional impact through smart cinematography. And, like both, it succeeds on every imaginable level. If you'll ever listen to me on anything, i beg you to watch this short film. It's easily earned its place as one of my 3 favorite pieces of animation ever made after just one viewing and i'm sure to go see it several times more in the future.

10/10.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 4

Niiiiiice!

But...

Ugh :/

Im just gonna guess that yours is Kotori

You don't need to watch The Idolmaster: Xenoglossia. It has nothing to with the game universe. I'd rather recommend you to watch Im@s movie just after because it is a sequel to the first Idolm@ster.

I'm going to watch the movie anyway, ill always watch the movies when they have them

My latest three stops on my journey to become both the artsiest and most pretentious person on the internet.

I thought I would never find a person who seen these little gems (still have glassy ocean yet to watch). But, anyone who wants to see something short and ambitious, something what makes you contemplate about the show and the matters that were discussed in them, just watch one of these titles. It's really worth it..