The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

5 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

The weakest of Key's anime adaptations IMO. The plot was so big and convoluted that it ended sacrificing character development, which was one of the best points in series like Kanon, Air, Clannad and Angel Beats. A shame, really.

Well, it's also because Rewrite itself is not as much about characters as other Key.

Rewrite is about world construction rather than its characters. And Suzuki BOOOOOONDO is more important MC than in other games which makes it harder to concentrate on waifus =/

Sakasama no Patema

sakasama-no-patema-4997.jpg?t=1444890976

Princess Patema lives in an underground world, but one day tumbles headlong into a void and out into the wide open world above the surface. Age is a student on this surface world when he spies Patema hanging upside-down from a tree. He pulls her down to safety, struggling to keep her earthbound. Together they master the art of navigating competeing gravitational forces and set out to discover the secret that keeps their worlds apart.

Really enjoyable movie. Watched it together with some guys from the PSNP Anime Discord server (which y'all should definitely join, by the way :awesome: ). I felt like some aspects of the movie could have been used better to make the story more enjoyable though. Still, worth a watch :).

Enjoyment: 7/10 

• Like 3

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

"Something this good can never go away"

Synopsis

Ex-convict turned Rakugo apprentice Yotarou has finally taken the name of Yurakutei Sukeroku III, and with his master Yakumo's permission has attained the lofty rank of shin'uchi. He assumes the name at a critical time for Rakugo, with audiences fewer than ever. At the same time he has started acting as a husband to Konatsu, who is now a single mother. Yotarou thus begins the struggle to fill the role of Sukeroku, both as the future of Rakugo and as a part of Yakumo's and Konatsu's lives.

ok Deen, I forgive you now for Konosuba 2's quality.

sc1LsvY.jpg

wow.. just wow. that finale...

that conversation in the middle between Sensei and Konatsu but let's forget that for now... Matsuda-san!!!! I have never been glad to see an old guy before xD

that's a very satisfying ending and anime for me :) now... time to read discussions in MAL and reddit about the finale ^_^

Edited by JaM

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Interviews with Monster Girls

Synopsis:

Monsters of legend walk among us, going by the name “demi-humans.” Ever since he's discovered the “demis,” one young man has become obsessed with them. So when he gets a job as a teacher at a high school for demi-girls, it's a dream come true! But these demis, who include a rambunctious vampire, a bashful headless girl, and a succubus, have all the problems normal teenagers have, on top of their supernatural conditions. How to handle a classroom full of them?!

Hmm where to start? I guess with the synopsis, there's no "high school for demi-girls" nor a "classroom full of them", it's just 4 demis that appear in this season and they go to a regular high school. The anime is funny and I like how existing mythologies are altered and adapted to modern life. Though with that slightly misleading synopsis I was expecting more demis to appear. Here's hoping that'll happen if this show gets another season. Hikari and Sakie are my favourite characters as they get into lots of hilarious situations with Takanshi, such as this:

18 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Leftover from previous cour. It's pretty funny being against Germany after cheering for it in Youjo Senki, tehe~ =D

Now we need a cross-over anime between Shuumatsu and Youjo :awesome: .

• Like 2

Fuuka

Fuuka

Synopsis:

New meetings always come suddenly! The protagonist, Yuu Haruna, moves into a new town where he meets a somewhat strange girl who doesn't have a cell phone. The girl, Fuuka, seems to have a strange allure that draws people to her, very much like a summer breeze. Looks like Yuu has been caught up in one wild love story!

So apparently this anime follows an original route instead of the manga's events. From what I hear the manga has a really messed up twist. Anyway, for an anime with a 'drama' tag, there isn't much drama. Just a typical love triangle and that's it. Both Fuuka and Koyuki are good characters and I found it hard to pick a favourite between them. I also liked Sara a lot, especially a certain event where her personality did a 180 :lol: .

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

Tales of Zzzzzria the ?

When Sorey said he would use all four elements in a single armatus, I really thought he would look like this for a moment:

Hide contents

capit%C3%A3o-planeta.jpg

I expected something like this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor avatar state aang

• Like 1

Tales of Zestiria the X episode 24.

I always thought the game was missing one more armatization, a combination of all 4 elements.

It didn't even needed to be a controllable armatization just a Mystic Arte would have been cool as well.

2nd awesome thing the show just did.

Spoiler

2pzb86q.jpg

elDLIVE

ēlDLIVE

Synopsis:

"Mumbling" Chuta Kokonose doesn't have many friends. In fact, the only conversations he has anymore are with voices inside his head. Little does he know that this voice doesn't mean he's crazy. It just means he has an alien living inside his body!

I actually watched this anime to pass the time on a Sunday evening while waiting for Tales of Zestiria 2 and Little Witch Academia. This anime actually grew on me and it was entertaining with a few unexpected twists here and there. I also kept expecting Happy to pop up when hearing Dolough, as they share the same VA.

• Like 2

Sakasama no Patema screenshot

I forgot to post this the other day, but as @Lucas already mentioned, those of us on the PSNP Anime Club Discord server all watched this movie together like one big happy family. :blush: I really enjoyed the movie. It has a super interesting concept. I'm a little disappointed with how it ended as I didn't find it particularly satisfying, but as a whole, it's a great movie. I would recommend it.

• Like 3

Gabriel DropOut

Gabriel Dropout

Synopsis:

An angel at the top of an angel school has descended to the human world! However, she has already acclimated to the life of the human world so much that she ends up leading a self-indulgent life, skipping school all the time and being absorbed in online games. Gabriel soon forgets about her original goal to make human beings happy and has turned into a lazy and hopeless angel, or a “sloppy angel” in short. Amazingly, she swears to continue to fully enjoy the pleasure of various entertainments of the human world.  

This show is IMO one of the best from Winter 2017. It's hilarious and the characters are funny. Gabriel is addicted to MMOs. Raphiel is an angel, but actually a sadist. Satania tries to act like an archdemon, only to fail and is always conned by Gab and Raphi. Vignette is a demon, but is responsible, very kind, and compassionate, which in turn reduces her stipend on Earth. This all causes lots of hilarious situations. It's one of the few anime where I didn't dislike any character. Definitely a must-watch for anyone. I'm really hoping this will get another season or two.

• Like 2

83188l.jpg

Thank you Deen, even though the animation changed greatly. This is my most enjoyable show for Winter 2017. 

I loved all of the characters in this show. The comedy is top notch and it will be missed. Even though there's no announcement for a season 3 unlike last time this is still has a place in my heart.

If worst comes to worst I will be reading the Light Novels online. 

Enjoyment: 11/10

Gonna watch again: YES AQUA!

83709l.jpg

Here we have a typical romance comedy anime, with some fan service and of course a beautiful trap. The story was OK and there were some great feel moments that peaked my interest.

But since I read the manga and they didn't even reach that part in Paris. It has that big cliff hanger for the fans of the show. 

Yes I know Kanetsugu's past and what HE actually is :awesome: 

Gonna watch again: Nah, I can read it again doe

83418l.jpg

I have waited 5 years for this one. Mainly because I never read the manga of this one and I really enjoyed the first season and the movie. 

There were some cringe moments here and there but overall the cast delivered a good sequel. Really can't delve into details as it's going to be more of a spoiler for this one.

Enjoyment: 9/10

Gonna watch it again: Maybe

83849l.jpg

I was hyping this before but I thought the anime would follow how the manga is going. I guess not. All we get is a cringe fest and I never would've thought I want to slap Fuuka and Haruna badly. Sara is the only character I like here :P The songs are nice though

Enjoyment: 6/10

Gonna watch it again: Nah gonna read it again especially Truck-kun :awesome: 

82590l.jpg

Inner lolicon attack! Well I do love the devils more than the angels here but that last Miyuki Angel :awesome: YES LORD!!!

Enjoyment: 10/10

Gonna watch it again: YES!!!

83471l.jpg

Amagami SS is better :awesome: 

Gonna watch it again: Nah

83185l.jpg

It was an OK adaptation. Although some parts were boring as hell and just full of fan service, which I don't mind :awesome: 

Just give me Akiba's Beat already :D 

Enjoyment: 6/10

Gonna NO NO NO NO

82039l.jpg

So pretty :awesome: 

That's it :eyebrow: 

Enjoyment: 8/10

Gonna watch it again: If I have nothing to do

82947l.jpg

UNDERRATED ANIME FTW!!!!

This show hands down one of the godtier series in the history of anime. When it comes to drama, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu as a whole is insanely topnotch / masterpiece. Not being biased here, I mean the show is just that good, flawless + with insane direction and editing by Studio Deen.

Story 10/10 Simple and boring you might say but the narration of the series is topnotch, with thoughtful editing + with masterful direction, the show just climbed up the rankings easily, surpassing its 1st season. Overall flawless storyline. It is just that good and you might know the show had those insane plottwist on the 2nd half of the series :)

Art 9/10 Nothing special when it comes to frame by frame animation but when it comes to cinematography the show just stands out. With good camera angles and with very realism type of editing, the show proved that animation is not only just the key to make a topnotch quality series.

Sound 10/10 Hell yes, from the shounen type of opening from both seasons to the one of the emotional endings i've seen. The 2nd Ending just hits you so hard with its mellow type of sound and then partnered with a very stimulating visuals that helps both art and sound to be one of the selling point of the series.

Characters 10/10 Oh boy, did just everybody got all their fokin character development? From Sukeroku to Yakumo upto Yotaro and Konatsu and even Shinnosuke. I mean every characters are well fleshed out with great interactions with the help of the great voice actors of the series. It is insanely overwhelming to watch.

Enjoyment 10/10

Overall 10/10

One of masterpieces of modern anime. Studio Deen is just so good at making this one. Surpassing the 1st season and even the Manga. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is a flawless - godtier - topnotch - moving - stellar - " m a s t e r p i e c e " on drama genre. "Never" anything came closely to this series from all Anime of 2016 and Anime of Winter 2017

ENJOYMENT: 10/10

Gonna watch it again: YES!

79849l.jpg

An end of an era. This show was my go to show back in high school. I love watching this after school and enjoyed watching it with my family and friends.

No matter how much hate this show has gotten in the past and the future, this show has a place in my heart. It also is the 3rd Shounen Jump anime that shed me a tear :P 

Thanks Team 7 fro growing up with me :) 

SUPER AND KAI can go suck a pipe :awesome: 

ENJOYMENT: 9/10

Nah I'm not xD 

83528l.jpg

Well, I started with a comedy show, why not end it with one but add drama with that. 

Gintama.... I always skipped this show before but I regretted it now. Today I am caught up with it and I have to say it's very underrated considering it's a Shounen Jump anime.

Most people will skip this show because of how long the other seasons are. But I do feel bad for them because they are missing one of Japan's National Treasure.

The manga is superb, the story and comedy is 100% and the feels hit you always. 

ENJOYMENT: 10/10

I'll always watch it :awesome: 

STILL ON MY LIST: 

80094l.jpg

82890l.jpg

I'm 50/50 on this one

83805l.jpg

83934l.jpg

83173l.jpg

I know I should have included this on top but I haven't watched the finale yet.

83937l.jpg

Also this one but this is my 100/100 of Winter :awesome: 

• Like 3