Reply to The last anime you saw?

Satoshi Ookami
By Satoshi Ookami,
Finally got around to watching the two big guns. Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na wa   Both were interestingly similar, Koe no Katachi caught me immediately in the first half and the second half was weaker, while Kimi no Na wa started slowly and started picking up pace in the second half. I won't say I didn't expect more from them because I guess I did. In the end, Koe no Katachi was KyoAni to the K while Kimi no Na wa painfully reminded me that it's Shinkai and he will not change. Even though until the actual end, it wasn't really Shinkai-like. It's really hard to compare them because both had Ao-chan in awesome roles And cute Ao-chan is a must. Kimi no Na wa had HanaKana and Koe no Katachi had incredible Saorin     All in all, I have to say that Koe no Katachi probably wins for me. That one scene with Saorin really moved me to tears while Kimi no Na wa played more on Zero Escape note     But... I guess if I want to be strict, I have to say I really expected more. Koe no Katachi was closer to the ideal I was envisioning but... no, both movies won't attack the peak that Kotonoha no Niwa and Kara no Kyokai are. They are still masterpieces and a must, that's for sure.