The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

Well... it's time to see what the big deal is all about...

55225l.jpg

Yep. I've started to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica

I also intend on watching the movies as well. I'm well aware that 2/3 are just recaps and/or movie versions of the series. Movie 3 isn't though I think.

This... is going to be... an interesting ride. ?

• Like 3

Nihon Chinbotsu 2020 picture

Japan Sinks 2020

So I didn't even finish this, dropped it at I think it was ep. 4?

My excitement from hearing Yuasa working on the show along with the premise reminding me of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (which I really enjoyed) got me fairly hype for the show, but man I don't know about this one. Some of these

Spoiler

deaths really felt like they just came out of absolutely nowhere. Accidentally stumbling into an abandoned minefield? Wtf? Why would the writers choose to have one of their characters die like that? 

The way these characters reacted to the deaths irked me too, I can't remember how the kid reacted but at least the death of the father affected the MC and the mother to some degree. After seeing how quickly the kid bounced back from that other woman's death I just had to drop the show. 

Edited by Hentekorino

Ashita no Joe (Tomorrow's Joe) (1970) seen up to 67 episodes as of now of a total of 79 for 1st season and so far, it's being a fullfiling and super enjoyable experience to myself and in the other hand it can get depressing and very sad along the road , it's a sports (boxing) focused with alot of drama anime type that let it's chars shine when they are needed and does a great job showing the plot without any strings and bullshit , goes straight to the point what it what to delivers and with a quite strong punch ?

Ashita No Joe」おしゃれまとめの人気アイデア|Pinterest|Yabuki Joe ...

• Like 2

On 21/07/2020 at 2:45 PM, MichMasteR said:

514qzfydBzL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I just started and i think it's really gonna be an enjoyable experience

I'm thinking about dropping this one... Can't connect with any of the characters, not enjoying myself watching this... We'll see after the rule of 3 ahah

However, God of Highschool has been a pleasant surprise, despite being more inclined to romcoms.

• Like 1

Cuticle Tantei Inaba Episode 1

73934.jpg

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 15-16

106692.jpg

Back Street Girls: Gokudolls Episode 3-10 (Finished)

93140.jpg

Enjoyment level 8

After failing their boss for the last time, yakuza members Kentarou, Ryou, and Kazuhiko are faced with one of two choices: have their organs harvested and sold or take a trip to Thailand for sex reassignment surgery and become pop idols. Now, after a year of excruciating training, the three thugs have been reborn as Airi, Chika, and Mari. Debuting as the amateur idol group The Goku Dolls, the three strive towards becoming top idols.

However, despite the hours of feminizing brainwashing they were forced to endure, the three idols have managed to keep the yakuza spirit alive in their hearts. In order to fix this, their yakuza boss hires Mandarin Kinoshita, a legendary manager who has never had an idol group fail under his management. With their lives now on the line, the reluctant yakuza must work with their new manager to unleash their inner cuteness and become the successful idols that their tyrannical boss can truly be proud of.

Gosick Episode 13-24 (Finished)

27906.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Kazuya Kujou is a foreign student at Saint Marguerite Academy, a luxurious boarding school in the Southern European country of Sauville. Originally from Japan, his jet-black hair and dark brown eyes cause his peers to shun him and give him the nickname "Black Reaper," based on a popular urban legend about the traveler who brings death in the spring.

On a day like any other, Kujou visits the school's extravagant library in search of ghost stories. However, his focus soon changes as he becomes curious about a golden strand of hair on the stairs. The steps lead him to a large garden and a beautiful doll-like girl known as Victorique de Blois, whose complex and imaginative foresight allows her to predict their futures, now intertwined.

With more mysteries quickly developing—including the appearance of a ghost ship and an alchemist with the power of transmutation—Victorique and Kujou, bound by fate and their unique skills, have no choice but to rely on each other.

Plunderer Episode 19-24 (Finished)

104784.jpg

Enjoyment level 8

Alcia is a world governed by "Count": numbers engraved on a person's body, representing any number related to their life. These Counts determine a person's social status and power in Alcia. If a Count reaches zero, the person is sent to the Abyss, a place rumored to be worse than death.

Hina, a traveler whose Count is based on the distance she traveled, witnessed her mother get dragged down into the Abyss. Determined to fulfill her mother's last wishes, she sets off on a journey in search of the legendary Aces—heroes of the war that happened three hundred years ago, bearing a white star next to their Count.

While wandering around, Hina encounters Licht Bach, a mysterious masked man with negative Count, and Nana, the owner of a tavern. In the midst of having a good time, Hina is tricked into a battle with a military soldier. However, despite his negative count, Licht rescues Hina and reveals that he has another count, one with a white star, one of a legendary Ace.

Plunderer follows the journey of Hina and other inhabitants of Alcia as they discover the truth about their world, the Abyss, and the legendary Aces.

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou Episode 7-12 plus Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha (Finished)

88619.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Parent story: Life hasn't been fair to Koyomi Morishita. Even though she's in high school, she's so short that everyone assumes she's still in grade school. The boys and girls in her school tease her mercilessly, and she's not exactly graceful either. On the other hand, she's still better off than Yumiko, who has a magician trying to kill her. Or at least Koyomi was until their paths crossed!

Fortunately, salvation arrives in the form of master mage and graduate student Misa Anehara, who agrees to take Koyomi under her wing in learning the new style of magic, which breaks enchantment down into sequences of code. That'll be quite a task, given that so far Koyomi's talent seems to consist of making washbasins randomly fall out of the sky. But if it was easy, it wouldn't be magic, would it?

Cruncha Cruncha Cruncha: An extra episode which takes place in the middle of the TV series.

Yumiko thinks that Misa isn't teaching Koyomi magic properly, since Koyomi can still only summon washbasins. Yumiko decides to teach her Classical Magic, since Misa's teaching of Modern Magic doesn't seem to be helping Yumiko.

Koyomi's washbasin fall out of nowwhere magic in action(it rarely lands on a person's head though)

WaryBothFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gi

DisfiguredGreedyAdmiralbutterfly-small.g

9b61ee70751aefe5aef78c759eeef66115956256

Spoiler

First it rains washbasins and now it rains naked women/girls. Nice way to end that funny OVA episodeodEwUsy.gif

00-raw_001_33525.png?w=624

Now with those over, it's time for more anime from my backlog(from myanimelist if still works then I start one from there and my crunchyroll queue) to be watched next, it's likely Kill La Kill and some other I end up finding plus continuing Cuticle Tantei Inaba.

• Like 1

77282.jpg

Hyouge Mono 1-16

Now this is quite a niche anime, I can see it as a manga, there is more variety there, but how they managed to make a 39 episode series is beyond me, not that I am complaining since I love it.

The cast consists of quite the colorful characters, set in 16th century Japan, especially the main character, a vassal with an eye for aesthetics and tea ceremony. It can be funny, but also tragic and tense, also surprisingly relaxing at times too.

• Like 1

Kill la Kill Episode 1-12

75514.jpg

Hatena☆Illusion Episode 12 (Finished)

106117.jpg

Enjoyment level 8

Years ago, many magical "Artifacts" were stolen and scattered throughout the world. They fell into the hands of people who were not supposed to know of their existence, causing misfortune to those who abused their power. The Hoshisato family of magicians has special access to the Artifacts, and they take it upon themselves to return them to their rightful place.

Despite her inexperience, Kana "Hatena" Hoshisato wishes to aid her parents Mamoru and Maeve in their quest, doing her best to improve. Meanwhile, her childhood friend Makoto Shiranui has come to their mansion to study magic under her father's tutelage as part of a promise they made years ago. Hatena is excited to see her friend again, only to be utterly disappointed when the person she thought to be a girl all these years turns out to be a boy, leading to a bitter reunion.

Before long, Makoto comes to know of the Artifacts and the true identities of the magicians he admires. Unfazed, he continues to strive to fulfill his promises and stay true to why he learns magic—to ease the sadness of people around him and, most importantly, to become a person worthy of being Hatena's partner.

Jinsei Episode 1-9

64299.jpg

Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1-5

61433.jpg

Cuticle Tantei Inaba Episode 2

73934.jpg

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17

106692.jpg

Cuticle Tantei Inaba Episode 3-12 (Finished)

73934.jpg

Enjoyment level 8

In a world where half-human, half-animal chimeras live and work alongside normal people, there are sure to be a few bad apples in the bunch. Unfortunately, half-human criminals means non-human clues that often leave the police stumped. That's where lone wolf detectives like Hiroshi Inaba come in. He's literally part wolf and has the amazing ability to extract critical information just by examining or tasting a sample of someone's hair! Of course, that ability has also resulted in Inaba having a little bit of a hair fetish, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for his two assistants. (Well, at least the cross-dressing one isn't complaining much.) And it's nothing compared to the strange tastes of Inaba's nemesis, the omnivorous (and half goat) crime boss Don Valentino, who has an appetite for green legal tender instead of tender young greens! Inaba's sworn to cut Valentino out of the criminal flock before the Don can wolf down more ill-gotten dough, but he's going to have to chew his way through a lot of evidence to get his goat. Can sheer dogged detective work put the baaaaad guys behind bars?

Ended up having to binge watch Cuticle Tantei Inaba since it and other 76 or so anime(less for EU watchers like myself) are removed by Crunchyroll today well I don't mind having to binge watch funny anime or anime I like or if it has a cute girl in it.

Cuticle-Detective-Inaba-44.gif

Jinsei Episode 10-13 (Finished)

64299.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Yuuki Akamatsu lives a normal high school life... that is until his cousin, Ayaka Nikaidou, convinces him to join the Journalism Club as a life consultant! His new job is to manage the advice column for the school's weekly newspaper to help him become more social. Soon, Yuuki is joined by three girls: the smart and shy Rino Endou, the athletic and outgoing Ikumi Suzuki, and the cultured and sweet Fumi Kujou. Together, they solve the personal problems of those who anonymously ask for advice.

Although each of the new life consultants has their own unique perspective, they are able to reach solutions together by holding debates and social experiments throughout the week. However, as time goes on, the four slowly come to realize that they have not only been guiding other students through their troubles, but also working through problems of their own as well.

dahYF5N.gif

And so one former Crunchyroll anime and one Wakanim anime finished, time to continue Kill la Kill and Gokukoku no Brynhildr.

• Like 1

So...I've seen a couple different series. The majority I've been dropping and been picking up the manga, instead. I usually watch a series, and if i get bored or end up caught up with the Anime, i switch to the manga, instead.

I've never watched Uzaki-chan, but i have read a good chunk of it, and it is delightful. I was trying to find it on Crunchyroll, but it's apparently at Funimation. Great!

I've watched Rent-A-Girlfriend up to episode 2 before I dropped it to read the manga. It has a very slow start, so it is gonna be tough to get through. The series is known to backpedal, so it will go from really slow to impactful, to slow again.

I started watching Oregairu, but I think I'm going to hold off until it's complete with Season 3. I've read some of the updates, but they ended up being part of Season 3. This is one of the few series that really drove my passion for anime, I've rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 about 4 - 5 times now. The only thing im looking forward to is more best girl time.

a34p7fbwrft41.jpg

Ive also been reading and watching Fairy Tail. I've decided to read the Grand Magic Games Arc since i hated the last chunk of it in anime form. Meanwhile, I'm watching the Tartaros Arc because I have never seen it and I wanna see some action scenes.

latest?cb=20150516102311

I've also finished Ao-chan can't study, which is almost like a spiritual successor to Ranma, if there ever was one. They took inspiration from the perverted old man in Ranma, and added it there. Unfortunately, that was the only thing that bothered me about both series.

D3-bWO7WAAUa4y3.jpg

450?cb=20121231061251

Currently, I've been getting really into The Misfit of Demon King Academy. It's another OP series, but instead of being recognized, the MC is ostracized. I really like the direction this one took, as it keeps things interesting.

1*7bJavCaMHEN_iEqIzkxhLQ.jpeg

I finished watching Goblin Slayer a while back, even started reading ahead because i got so immersed. So, now I'm going to watch the new movie that just got released on CR.

MV5BYzIzNTNkZmMtYTE2Mi00NWEwLTk5MzktNWM2

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 4

Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1-2

60781.jpg

High Score Girl Episode 1-10

91345.jpg

Maken-Ki! Episode 1-4

75234.jpg

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san Episode 1-12 (Finished)

61921.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Yachiyo Inugami, a cat-loving extrovert, and Suzu Nekoyama, a dog-loving introvert, are unexpectedly cast into a relationship on a day like any other. The pair find themselves drawn together through an inexplicable attraction of their opposite personalities. As they quickly begin to understand one another, Inugami's hardened resolve to gain Nekoyama's favor only leads to frenzied responses. Soon after their momentous union, the two begin to spend more time with one another, growing closer all the while.

Their combined antics gain the attention of the mousy Mikine Nezu, a classmate of Inugami, and soon they join the "biology" club. There, they meet Ushikawa Ukiji, a passive, cow-like upperclassmen. Nezu and Nekoyama soon begin to build upon their relationship and a game of cat and mouse soon begins.

Wild, explosive, and vibrant, Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san tells the comedic tale of two high school girls and their less-than-normal relationship.

Morita-san wa Mukuchi. Episode 1-13 (Finished)

30166.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Morita Mayu, a high school girl. She is extremely reticent and her silence and habit of looking at people's eyes straightly sometimes cause misunderstanding. The reason behind it is not because she doesn’t like to talk nor because she has nothing to say. The reason she rarely speaks is due to the fact she thinks too much before speaking, thus losing the timing to speak altogether. But she lives a happy school life with her classmates.

Morita-san wa Mukuchi. 2 Episode 1-13 (Finished)

32933.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

The second season of Morita-san wa Mukuchi that directly follows the first.

Kill la Kill Episode 13-25 (Finished)

75514.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

After the murder of her father, Ryuuko Matoi has been wandering the land in search of his killer. Following her only lead—the missing half of his invention, the Scissor Blade—she arrives at the prestigious Honnouji Academy, a high school unlike any other. The academy is ruled by the imposing and cold-hearted student council president Satsuki Kiryuuin alongside her powerful underlings, the Elite Four. In the school's brutally competitive hierarchy, Satsuki bestows upon those at the top special clothes called "Goku Uniforms," which grant the wearer unique superhuman abilities.

Thoroughly beaten in a fight against one of the students in uniform, Ryuuko retreats to her razed home where she stumbles across Senketsu, a rare and sentient "Kamui," or God Clothes. After coming into contact with Ryuuko's blood, Senketsu awakens, latching onto her and providing her with immense power. Now, armed with Senketsu and the Scissor Blade, Ryuuko makes a stand against the Elite Four, hoping to reach Satsuki and uncover the culprit behind her father's murder once and for all.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18

106692.jpg

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Finished)

100023.jpg

Enjoyment level 10

A young noblewoman has disappeared while out on a goblin hunting quest. When Goblin Slayer and his part set out to find her, they are stunned to discover a horde of goblins have built their nest within an ancient dwarven fortress...and these ones even appear to be followers of some primitive, sadistic cult! But what troubles Goblin Slayer most of all is their leader, who is stronger and more intelligent than any goblin he's faced before...

Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 6-13 (Finished)

61433.jpg

Enjoyment level 9

Venturing into the wilderness, the skeptical Ryouta Murakami and the ambitious Kuroneko were on a quest to prove the existence of extraterrestrial life when a tragic accident occurred, reaping Kuroneko of her life and leaving Ryouta in a critically injured state.

Ten years have passed since the disaster, and Ryouta is now living a normal life in high school. He vows to prove that aliens are real in honor of his late friend. A transfer student named Neko Kuroha unexpectedly arrives one day, bearing a striking resemblance to the late Kuroneko—even sharing a similar name. Most mysteriously, she seems to possess supernatural powers.

As Ryouta takes more interest in Neko, he is drawn into a deadly world where dangerous scientists hunt magic-wielding witches that have escaped from their secret research laboratory. Neko is one of these escapees, but there are many others who are in similar situations, and it's up to Ryouta to protect them from their would-be captors.

Did not know that Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san and Morita-san wa Mukuchi. were short anime before I started watching them. Now I'm ready for the Kill la Kill game. I'm down for more Goblin Slayer if they make a season 2 or another movie in the future.

mob-psycho-100-wallpaper-hd-2560x1440-328999.jpg

MOB PSYCHO 100

OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10

Individual Ratings:

• Season 1: 9/10
    • Mini [Special]: 8/10
    • Reigen - The Miracle Psychic that Nobody Knows [Special]: 8/10
  • Season 2: 9/10
    • The Spirits and Such Consultation Office's First Company Outing - A Healing Trip That Warms the Heart [OVA]: 8/10

-

What a fun and crazy ride it was. No wonder it's made by One-Punch Man's creator. The similarities are all there: action, art style, characters, humor... all with its own distinct flavor. I had a blast with it and hope there will be a third season eventually. The specials and OVA were worth the watch as well, and I like what they did with each one - be it the series of comedic shorts with neat pixel art style that is Mini, or the sneaky Reigen who attempts to (re)assert himself as the series' protagonist in The Miracle Psychic that Nobody Knows, or the hilarious trip that truly warms the heart, each one was great in its own way.

One-Punch Man, and now Mob Psycho 100 have quickly turned into some of my favorite anime thanks to their incredible blend of the aforementioned characteristics.

Thanks for another excellent series, ONE! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 2

Digimon Adventure (2020) episode 1-4

Digimon Adventure:

Finding this fisrt episodes of the reboot a drag to watch compared to the original Adventure anime wish i treasure and love to death since my childhood days . Not sure if i do find any motivation to continue cause it feels like it wants to be way too modern and advanced for the new generation , without making any sense on the logic side.

• Like 2

Well... with nothing else better to do/watch... I'm going to go back to watching 2 other animes. It's completely unknown how long I'll be able to do this though. Especially if I feel like I'm forced to start looking for another job again. Which, unfortunately, I do. But I probably won't be doing so until September and even then I have to find something that I feel like I can get myself to do. So this could potentially all get thrown out the window. Time will tell I guess. But this isn't the point now is it?

I've been putting it off for to long so I've decided to finally start watching this.

18179.jpg

Fairy Tail

I plan on watching an episode a day and 4 episodes over the span of weekends. So I may get through it relatively fast. We'll see I guess. There are 300+ episodes though... so... yeah... ?

I also began rewatching this...

50331l.jpg

Code Geass. Because all of the new(er) stuff is out now so I'd might as well rewatch the series and then watch the new(er) stuff afterwards. Akito OVA's and Resurrection movie. Resurrection movie only because that's the one they english dubbed.

It's fine because it's been a long ass time since I've watched it anyway. ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 4