The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

Kaiji: Against All Rules (episodes 1-26)
C073032-D-772-A-486-B-A984-14656607485-F
Everyone’s favorite survivor returns in this exciting yet nerve racking second season that puts a spin on more traditional types of gambling. It may not be as outside the box as the first season, but that doesn’t stop Kaiji from being the anime it truly is. Still packed with its genius writing, portrayal of emotion and unique character design that truly works for this type of sub-genre. The stakes are higher than ever and there is never a dull moment, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. A lot of anime usually put me to sleep, but Kaiji is anything but boring.. in fact it’s spectacular! Yes, even if you’re not fond of gambling. Kaiji is capable of taking something as mundane as a tissue box and turning it into a heart pounding scenario. I have always associated pachinko machines with the likes of Konami every time they came to mind, but ohohoho, after watching Kaiji, I’ll never look a pachinko machine the same way ever again ? I was glued to the screen from nearly start to finish, having watched the last 16 episodes of this season in one sitting! That has to be a new record for me. Kaiji’s character still makes it easy as ever to put myself in his shoes, making him one of the most relatable and likable characters I’ve seen in many recent years. So much so, he has made my top 10 anime protagonists list ?? Even though the anime has finished its run, I’m still left wanting more. This show is a very addictive substance indeed xD I pray that the manga gets fully translated someday so that I can experience the arcs that never got adapted into anime. Zawa zawa!

Watched with @Sigma999 ?

• Like 4

On 17/11/2020 at 8:58 AM, ShonenCat said:

Kaiji: Against All Rules (episodes 1-26)
C073032-D-772-A-486-B-A984-14656607485-F
Everyone’s favorite survivor returns in this exciting yet nerve racking second season that puts a spin on more traditional types of gambling. It may not be as outside the box as the first season, but that doesn’t stop Kaiji from being the anime it truly is. Still packed with its genius writing, portrayal of emotion and unique character design that truly works for this type of sub-genre. The stakes are higher than ever and there is never a dull moment, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. A lot of anime usually put me to sleep, but Kaiji is anything but boring.. in fact it’s spectacular! Yes, even if you’re not fond of gambling. Kaiji is capable of taking something as mundane as a tissue box and turning it into a heart pounding scenario. I have always associated pachinko machines with the likes of Konami every time they came to mind, but ohohoho, after watching Kaiji, I’ll never look a pachinko machine the same way ever again 1f636.png I was glued to the screen from nearly start to finish, having watched the last 16 episodes of this season in one sitting! That has to be a new record for me. Kaiji’s character still makes it easy as ever to put myself in his shoes, making him one of the most relatable and likable characters I’ve seen in many recent years. So much so, he has made my top 10 anime protagonists list 1f44f-1f3fb.png Even though the anime has finished its run, I’m still left wanting more. This show is a very addictive substance indeed xD I pray that the manga gets fully translated someday so that I can experience the arcs that never got adapted into anime. Zawa zawa!

Watched with @Sigma999 1f601.png

Having re-watchee both season 1 and season 2 of Kaiji made it all so much enjoyable and even made my taste of sesson 2 growing higher as to make it on par with season 1 quality whihc i already had so much high regards and love for as my top 3 favorites of all-time

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOQQC7Bz2r6Ye26fKGlf

This anime is based on the Akiba's Trip video game, or the game is based on the anime? Don't know for sure, but i started watching this during my first playthrought of the game, and you can read my review for the game here if you want. 

The basis behind both the game and this anime is that it revolve around these particular species that are similar to vampires, and just like vampires they will die under sunlight if they are exposed enough, and to defeat these creatures, you must strip them. That's it. Simple.

This anime have an original story using the basis of the game, the vampire-like species, but all characters are unique to the anime, none of them show up in the game or vice-versa, but the story was a shit storm, nothing really got accomplished, it was just a whole anime of side quests, all episodes are pretty much a bunch small stories that focuses big time on paroding different otaku/nerd stuff, which is the hit & miss part about it, you may find yourself laughing your ass off at one episode and being bored on the next one, two episodes that had me laughing in tears, was the Yu-Gi-Oh episode and the WWE parody episode, you can't watch those two with a straight face. The final few episodes are the actual plot of the story, nothing spectacular and pretty straight forward.

For the characters, nothing really is original. Personally, this is the low point of the anime. Something weird about the characters is that the main characters were animated very nicely, but all of the side characters look like south park Canadians, no idea why.

So yeah, despite poor characters and an unfocused story line, i had fun with some of the 13 episodes. But i would rather play the game again. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 8:47 AM, EvilClown said:

original-5d4c6a2e2b723.jpeg

This just gives me so many sad flashbacks about wanting a second season :((

As for me

Black Bullet

Black Bullet

Okay so I loved this and cannot wait until the second season gets released hopefully next year because it left me wanting more

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san

This was a bit cringey in parts but overall enjoyable and does make you happy watching

On another note I'm looking for an anime kinda like Black Bullet in regards to the bond that the MC and partner have and kinda a similar story. I have watched Absolute Duo before that gets recommended. TIA

• Like 3

We81wg7.jpg

Just finished watching Initial D Final Stage and I can't recommend this show enough it's so good and I honestly feel a little sad that it's come to an end :( got three movies to watch though but they retelling the events of the first stage, still looking forward to them.

Watching Kanon next...

wKPcBzr.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Watching Kanon next...

wKPcBzr.jpg

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (the many times I've watched it) 

A worthy entry, I enjoyed it

a-certain-scientific-accelerator-11780.j

Watching A Certain Scientific Railgun T, and loving it so far! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! (the many times I've watched it) 

A friend recommended it to me last month, she said I'd enjoy this if I enjoyed Clannad, which I did...a lot lol Looking forward to it ^^

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 8-9

108852.jpg

Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen Episode 8-9

109044.jpg

Adachi to Shimamura Episode 8-9

109056.jpg

Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 9-10

108722.jpg

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9-10

108380.jpg

Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 8-9

108413.jpg

Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 9-10

108801.jpg

Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8-9

109465.jpg

Maesetsu! Episode 8-9

109492.jpg

Munou na Nana Episode 9-10

110433.jpg

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Visitor Arc Episode 9-10

106668.jpg

Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 7-18

107657.jpg

Senyoku no Sigrdrifa Episode 9

109007.jpg

• Like 3

oQU5DHN.png?1
Watched
Sailor Moon(Viz version, think I still like the Soundtrack to DIC better anyway as far as that goes)
Also Sailor Moon Crystal(Re-watching it anyway)
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic(Not really an anime but, well re-watching this and Crystal)

Also 
0Wsq6Nv.jpg?1

Our Last Crusade or the rise of a New World
2cICW0j.jpg?1
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 1

a lot of anime i've never heard of on here. gonna have to check some of these out. As for me, this may get me a "and you call yourself an anime fan" but just finished naruto all the way through for the first time. currently 20ish episodes into naruto shipuden. i like it so far. doesn't mess around gets right into the action and fights and hasn't really let up since lol.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, funboy1246 said:

a lot of anime i've never heard of on here. gonna have to check some of these out. As for me, this may get me a "and you call yourself an anime fan" but just finished naruto all the way through for the first time. currently 20ish episodes into naruto shipuden. i like it so far. doesn't mess around gets right into the action and fights and hasn't really let up since lol.

Don't worry I've never seen Naruto either, but I think my anime planet list shows I'm an anime fan, not really interested in watching it either(I'm gonna get a lot of hate now...) 

Currently rewatching Kanon <3

Kanon_second_anime_Funimation_box_set.jp

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2a87P7cOnYJXv4LjIWds

This goes to the top of the trash isekai list. 

Assassin's pride is an anime with a forgettable and boring story with characters that are as interesting as watching grass grow, this is an anime that you’ll have trouble enjoying. With bad fight scenes and a rough power system, even looking at this show as a generic power fantasy will leave you disappointed. The only way I would recommend this show is if you have fun trash talking about bad anime, but don’t be surprised when you’re checking how long is left of the episode.

• Like 1

I finished Serial Experiments Lain last week. I can't really say all that much about it unfortunately. I had no idea what was going on from start to end. But I think that was the point? Regardless it was quite the ride and I enjoyed every moment of it. I guess? lol

Anyway I wanted another short series to watch so I've settled on this one...

28197l.webp

Fractale.

It has a lot of negative reviews on MAL but I've never cared about reviews. I just judge things for myself (like video games). Seems fine so far.

• Like 2