The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

bx120377-cioOmQghKw6L.jpg

Cyberpunk Edgerunners

decent show, weak start but once a female character appears the show peaks ultill the situation changes again to the final act which was very weak, underwhelming and predictable

but for that middle peak it's worth watching, good production quality

it made me consider playing the game but I decided not to once I remembered that the game is in first person and there aren't any character like Lucry and Rebecca in it

• Like 4

Nichijou

Nichijou

Watched: Ep 1-26 (complete)
Enjoyment: 10/10

I decided to start the year with this. And oh boy, was it something.

So, what did I think about it? There really isn't much to say about this one. Simply put, it was funnier than I thought it would be. So far, I've seen a couple of comedy anime series, and they've all made me laugh more or less. And then comes this. I had my expectations, but it actually managed to exceed that. I never thought that something as absurd as this would make me laugh so much. Asobi Asobase was something, but this one was on a different level. All the episodes had at least one moment that made me laugh hard, be it facial expressions or the moments such when Mio loses it (Ep 16) or the scene where both Yuuko and Mio get bitten by Mai's dogs, and the screaming in that scene was on whole another level (Ep 22). I also loved things such as the "half-way" moments in the first few episodes where Nano and the Professor are playing Rock, Paper, Scissors or how the second half has the same ED animation, but the song is different in all of them.

And that's all there's to say about this one. It may be something different from KyoAni, but it worked well enough for me. So well that I think it's the funniest anime I've seen. I'll rewatch it again someday, but not anytime soon, since many of those moments are still in my mind.

Extreme Hearts

Extreme Hearts

Rewatched: Ep 1-12
Enjoyment: 8/10

Underrated sports show. While there wasn't anything too special about this, it still proved to be entertaining enough. The characters are likeable (with Michelle from Snow Wolf being my favorite) and the matches are intense at times. Speaking of matches, the final one was epic. I don't want to spoil anything about it, so I'll just quote a certain character from another show: "Strength and victory are not forever." If you can figure out what that means, then you're good to go.

Also, the ending hints that there might be a sequel coming at some point. It's not confirmed, but should that happen, I'm all in.

Trigun Stampede

Trigun Stampede

Watched: Ep 1-5

The original Trigun happens to be one of my favorite anime series, and it also happens to be in my Top 10 list as well. But what about alternative version? I'd say it's been good so far. The character design, as well that Milly won't appear in this one, has taken me some time to get used to, but it's still good enough for a fan like me. Especially what happened in Ep 3, which was sad. And hey, Wolfwood has shown up. He was easily one of my favorite characters in the original, next to Vash.

Speaking of Vash, they've started dubbing this in English and his VA reprises his role as Vash, which is great news. I haven't watched the dub yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it, just like how I enjoyed the original.

D4DJ All Mix

D4DJ All Mix

Watched: Ep 1-5

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the sequel (and the prequel OVA) made it to Crunchyroll. I'm only saying that because of one reason: according to MAL, the first season is licensed by Sentai Filmworks which means that anything they license these days won't make it to CR anymore. However, it also says that it can also be watched from Funimation, which leaves me scratching my head and makes me wonder: which of those two has the license? It's the same thing with Pop Team Epic S1. I might as well leave it to that, as I don't know much about licensing.

Anyway, having watched the first five episodes, the sequel has lived up to my expectations so far. As for what I think about Ren's new VA, I'd say she does her job well enough. Other than that, there's not much else to say.
Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 4

bx141014-eRFDPNpf3hI7.jpg

Tomodachi Game

the first episode starts abruptly and it takes 2-3 episodes before things start to connect, then it becomes really good, it peaks in the middle, while it ends in the middle of the road, it's worth watching for that middle part

• Like 1

bx4106-hkczeGBjOzI6.jpg

when I saw that there's a new CGI Trigun show, I got a desire to be back in this universe, Trigun 1998 was one of the first anime I've seen, unfortunately, the new CGI Trigun show is not for me, so I've decided it's time to rewatch the 1998 season and the 2010 Badlands Rumble movie

Trigun 1998

this anime is a 10/10 classic, the dual tone is masterfully implemented comedy/tragedy, perfect shifts, Vash, Wolfwood, Meryl, Milly, all amazing characters, the moral conflict between them and in general in the overall story is the core of Trigun and it always keeps the stakes high

OST, JP voice acting, are perfect

one huge highlight is the 5th episode, most episodes of anything are made as parts that forget their value as standalone episodes, but the 5th episode of Trigun 1998 should be taught as a lesson in how to make episodic content, it has a standalone story that is still part of an overall plot with amazing encounters, character moments, characterization, perfect tone shift, cadring, OST placing, it's just amazing, the perfect anime episode

this rewatch has improved my already high opinion of Trigun, it 100% passes the test of time and not only that, it also gets better with age

Trigun Badlands Rumble

what this movie offers above the anime is painting Vash as intentionally seeking / following dangerous bad guys to make sure no people get hurt because of them, making him more of a true hero, where in the anime it feels more like he just gets in bad situations by chance due to always being bad situations in this world

great movie overall, one of the best anime movies, the more modern animation of the movie is welcomed

Edited by INVESTIGATOR
  • Like 3

bx18277-Vwm314Nr6vsg.jpg

Strike the Blood

with the finale being out last year, I've decided to start this series from the beginning because I didn't remember anything from the first season which I saw a long time ago, but after the first season, everything was new for me

unfortunately, while the first season has been a good rewatch, I enjoyed it, what follows is not that good, the series drops in quality with each new season, reaching a disappointing finale

it doesn't help that after the first season gets a full development with 24 episodes, the rest of the seasons are in between 12 and 4 episodes long, which results in rushed stories that are no fun

but season one is still good, at least that one is worth watching, and the rest is not the worst thing I've seen, it's just sad that it's not as good as the first season at least

La Foila and grown Natsuki are 10s

• Like 2

128318l.jpg?_gl=1*1s6ya12*_ga*NzEwODg5OT

The Nier Automata anime finally started in english dub so I started watching it obviously. Honestly... it's pretty great so far. I know it's only one episode but still. I feel like it's doing a great job covering the game so far. In fact... they even covered one of the 'parody' endings during the ending/preview lol. I also really like how the anime is acting like it's still a video game. It really is great and I'm loving it so far. I hope it keeps this up.

• Like 2

Untitled-design-(16).png

Ghost Hunt (S1)

escaflowbanner.jpg

The Vision of Escaflowne (Complete Series + Film)

Rewatched. An absolute childhood favourite, as well as contender for my favourite television show of all time. I revisit the entire saga and movie every couple of years.

Escaflowne along with Gundam Wing were the two shows that actually got me hooked on anime in the first place as a kid.

Rosario_+_Vampire_Cast.PNG
Rosario+Vampire (S1)

Edited by SmileSlice
Added additional anime watched.
  • Like 4

bx138425-G5F2O4hHkPII.png

Teasing Master Takagi - Movie

I like the anime overall, especially the first seasons, but this movie felt useless after the ending of the third season, it really adds nothing to the overall story, nothing really happens in it and I was bored through it

• Like 2

bx143338-zhyDVYgEzsm5.png

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten

finished this one, I thought I would enjoy it a lot, in reality, after the first few episodes, the rest of the anime is pretty boring and nothing really happens

also, maybe it's just my expectation, but in these type of anime with a crazy perfect girl hanging out with a guy, isn't the point of the anime supposed to be that the guy is a hidden gem, like he's a loser but deep down he has potential, but in this anime they literally make a point that all the guy has to do is lift up his hair from his forehead a little and he's like a super model mister perfect, he's also good at school, comes from a rich perfect family, there's no point to what happens, he could've had a girl like the main girl on his own anyway whenever he wanted, that's why the anime is worthless in my opinion

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

bx140596-RP415uHlXSVr.jpg

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack

finished the 2nd season of Nagatoro, I like this new type of "teasing" anime, and for this season, the goods are that Nagatoro evolves past just the teasing and that it's more of the same, which is good, the bads are that the animation is weird at times and overall I think the 1st season is stronger, I would watch more

• Like 3