Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2018

6 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I'll wait for Square to release the final version of FF XV before playing the game again, don't want to play it multiple times to see what they added. Naruto is an option, yes. I don't like the game, though.

I actually don't even own GTA IV, I briefly let my sister play on my account and she added it. When considering that I already have unobtainable online trophies in Fifa 10 and can't get a 100% profile, I'm not too concerned about a server shutdown preventing me from obtaining trophies in a game I don't really want to play. If one of my RL friends wants to play it on my console (important to make sure they don't cheat) and earns the platinum in the process, fine by me. I don't need that platinum otherwise. If anything, I'll take care of the offline trophies and let it collect dust among my A ranks for all eternity.

Thanks for the recommendations, though. Much appreciated :)

Maybe try Ateiler Rorona then.  Looks like you got decently far and it shouldn't need too much more to get it to an A rank since it has a really low average completion.  Either that or Resonance of Fate.  I thought those two were decently fun games and both have low average completions, which will make boosting them up a bit pretty easy.  Resonance of Fate seems like a bit longer of a game for the plat though since it requires two playthroughs and seems like an average 40+ hour long RPG.  I know Ateiler Rorona supposedly needs multiple playthroughs, but it seems like it's shorter overall.

58 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Maybe try Ateiler Rorona then.  Looks like you got decently far and it shouldn't need too much more to get it to an A rank since it has a really low average completion.  Either that or Resonance of Fate.  I thought those two were decently fun games and both have low average completions, which will make boosting them up a bit pretty easy.  Resonance of Fate seems like a bit longer of a game for the plat though since it requires two playthroughs and seems like an average 40+ hour long RPG.  I know Ateiler Rorona supposedly needs multiple playthroughs, but it seems like it's shorter overall.

Atelier Rorona requires saving on different slots a few time and replaying parts of the game from there to get the platinum and maybe a second playthrough, but I don't know the details. Atelier Rorona is another game I don't like, it's still not at 100% after two tries at beating the game. Both ended with me losing interest in the game. This is still on my to do list (not high, but still there).

Resonance of Fate is an enjoyable game, don't ask me why I don't have the plat yet.

Thank you for your opinion.

5 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Atelier Rorona requires saving on different slots a few time and replaying parts of the game from there to get the platinum and maybe a second playthrough, but I don't know the details. Atelier Rorona is another game I don't like, it's still not at 100% after two tries at beating the game. Both ended with me losing interest in the game. This is still on my to do list (not high, but still there).

Resonance of Fate is an enjoyable game, don't ask me why I don't have the plat yet.

Thank you for your opinion.

Rorona does require a particular frame of mind to be in, and there's always a chance that you could miss an event and an ending. My advice would be just to stick with a game you like and play it through the end. It seems like most of your games are A or S rank.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Wait why does resonance of fate require two playthroughs?

On 6/1/2018 at 8:49 PM, luquillla said:

Hi!,

I’m new to this site and found this challenge, please sign me up.

S. Current:0 / Goal:3

A. Current:8 / Goal:12

B. Current:3 / Goal:8

C. Current:6 / Goal:12

D. Current:8 / Goal:16

E. Current:25 / Goal:15

F. Current:7 / Goal:0

I have an stupid amount of games stuck at Rank E ?.

well, is not the mid month update but this is what I got so far, added two more games because I couldn’t resist the Vita temptation. 

A. Current:9

B. Current:4

C. Current:7

E. Current: 24

)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:00 AM, viech54 said:

Thank you @colinmazzini for hosting the event this year, much appreciated.

I'd like to join again.

Stats:

Completion: 90.71% (goal: > 95%)

Unearned trophies: 586 (goal: < 400)

S: 130 (goal: > 150)

A: 18 (goal: 10)

B: 0 (goal: 0)

C: 2 (goal: 0)

D : 1 (goal: 1)

E: 4 (goal: 2)

F: 0 (goal: 0)

# of games played: 155

# of platinums: 130

Average rank: S

I'll get the platinum in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen within the next few days. No idea what I want to play afterwards.

Added. Sorry for the delay.

Currently:          Goal:

S (4)            >      9

A(10)           >     16

B(5)             >      7

C (7)            >     2

D (7)            >     2

E (17)          >     10

F (1)            >      0

Something along these lines.

Edited by WeStMaN16
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WeStMaN16 said:

Currently:          Goal:

S (4)            >      9

A(10)           >     16

B(5)             >      7

C (7)            >     2

D (7)            >     2

E (17)          >     10

F (1)            >      0

Something along these lines.

Added. Welcome to the challenge.

And to everyone else, first month is almost done. Hopefully you are all doing better than me. Look for the update on Thursday.

15 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

And to everyone else, first month is almost done. Hopefully you are all doing better than me. Look for the update on Thursday.

Since I won't be getting a lot more of changes in the coming few days, I might as well post an update now. The month was pretty successful for me. My stats raised up as followed:

E ranks 29 -> 23

D ranks 11 -> 10
C ranks 10 -> 10

B ranks 6 -> 5

A ranks 10 -> 10
S Rank 29 -> 37
My completion rate went up from 42,90% to 48,78%
And I will finish Steins;Gate 0 this month, so that will be another S Rank that will be added to my stats. And I don't even have my school-free days yet...

Oh, and I saw a mistake in my posted goals at the beginning of the thread. I posted my goals as > [x], but it should be actually < [x] since I want to have it smaller than the number written. Could that be changed in the op?

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

Since I won't be getting a lot more of changes in the coming few days, I might as well post an update now. The month was pretty successful for me. My stats raised up as followed:

E ranks 29 -> 23

D ranks 11 -> 10
C ranks 10 -> 10

B ranks 6 -> 5

A ranks 10 -> 10
S Rank 29 -> 37
My completion rate went up from 42,90% to 48,78%
And I will finish Steins;Gate 0 this month, so that will be another S Rank that will be added to my stats. And I don't even have my school-free days yet...

Oh, and I saw a mistake in my posted goals at the beginning of the thread. I posted my goals as > [x], but it should be actually < [x] since I want to have it smaller than the number written. Could that be changed in the op?

Nice job. That is a solid jump in completion percentage. Also I should have the OP fixed, just flipped them.

On 1/28/2018 at 4:39 AM, colinmazzini said:

A little January update:

S rank -              65 - 66          
A rank -              33 - 33          
B rank -               0  - 0            
C rank -               2  - 2            
D rank -               0  - 0            
E rank -               2  - 1            
F rank -               1  - 1            

Completion% -  85.48 - 86.37            

Got Tales of Hearts R done. After a break from the PS3 for a few months I'm planning to start working on the PS3 backlog and another Vita game to continue enjoying and getting into portable gaming. Probably Dragon's Dogma, another Atelier or Resonance of Fate on the PS3 and Sorcery Saga or World of Final Fantasy on the Vita.  

• Like 2

January update

E: Current 4 (-1), Goal 0
Current 3 (-2), Goal 0
C: Current 6, (+1) Goal <5
B: Current 2 (-1), no Goal
A: Current 7 (+1), no Goal
S: Current 6 (+1), Goal >7

Completion: 45.78(+4.14), Goal 50%

I finished ME: Andromeda, and also raised ranks for some games. I have several games I want to start but I’ll keep working on games I’ve starters first.
Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 1

So here’s my update for January 2018.

For the grades:

Starting grades -> After January

S Rank 69 -> 71 … netto +2

A Rank 48-> 50 … netto +2

B Rank 17 -> 16 … netto -1 … Goal: 5

C Rank 21 -> 22 … netto +1  … Goal: 10

D Rank 27 -> 27 … netto ±0 … Goal: 15

E Rank 45 -> 44 … netto -1 … Goal: 20

As for the games:

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. B Rank -> S Rank. Easy plat from PS+.

Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep: E Rank -> A Rank. Finished the game and have done some extra things. Still need to do the final chapters though. This game won’t get a S Rank for a long time since the amount of grinding you need to do is just way to big (and uninteresting for me).

Saints Row: The third. NEW -> C Rank. Probably going be my 4th plat of the year, but I needed get a trophy quick before server shutdown, so it got higher on my backlog.

Way of Redemption. NEW -> S Rank. Needed to get the plat before server shutdown at 10 February. Easily made it.

My plans for February is to S rank saints row the third first. Then I’m probably going to finish FF XV. Since I will be traveling a lot the coming months because of my internship (2-3 hours back and forth) I will be on my vita a lot. So I will try to S rank Persona 4 Golden. I am in the third dungeon on NG+ at the moment. I am also thinking about putting wipeout HD on my list before server shutdown.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep: E Rank -> A Rank. Finished the game and have done some extra things. Still need to do the final chapters though. This game won’t get a S Rank for a long time since the amount of grinding you need to do is just way to big

Yeah, which is why I got Critical Competitor out of the way fast. I know that rebooting the stories on Beginner Mode is making extra grindy work because you have to complete all three stories again(to spawn the Vanita Remnant and Myst.Figure) but I am not confident that I can dodge-roll well enough to avoid dying a million times on the super-bosses in post-game. So I am starting with Ventus and I have just defeated the first boss and cleared all of the first and second-rank missions at the Mirage Arena.

For the Jan update: 

Before and after 

S 22 -> 25

A 9 -> 12

B 3 -> 2

C 7 -> 6

D 6 -> 8

E 11 -> 8

I managed to move a number of games up a rank or two: 

Driveclub was a C Rank which is now up to an A Rank. 

Watch_Dogs was an E Rank which is now an A rank with a 100% shortly as i managed to pick up the DLC

Tower of Guns was a C Rank and is now an S rank. It was a good game once you got some of the better perk sets which allowed you to enjoy the game more then worrying about beating it.

Sky Force Anniversary was a D rank and is now an A rank.  

I also managed to get the platinum in 36 Fragments of Midnight on both the Vita and PS4 as its a cross buy but they also came with separate trophy lists. Its a fun game if you have some time to spare and its a pretty quick plat. 

I hope that February will be just as successful as Jan. 

• Like 3

January update. Just quoting my starting stats to compare them.

On 1/1/2018 at 9:32 PM, Arctic Cress said:

E ranks: 14 (goal - 0)

D ranks: 26 (goal - 0)

C ranks: 17 (goal - 0)

B ranks: 9 (goal - 5)

A ranks: 50 (no goal)

S ranks: 137 (goal - 175+)

Current completion % is 70.12%. Trying to get that up to 80% by the end of the year.

Current stats:

E ranks: 14 (no change)

D ranks: 20 (down 6)

C ranks: 19 (up 2)

B ranks: 11 (up 2)

A ranks: 50 (no change)

S ranks: 143 (up 6)

Completion % - 70.28% (up 0.16%)

New games in January: Life is Strange: Before the Storm (S), Night in the Woods (A), God Wars: Future Past (D), Saints Row: The Third (E)

Completed in January: Blue Reflection (D to S), Mahjong Carnival (B to S), Mahjong Gold (A to S), Pirate Solitaire (D to S), Life is Strange: Before the Storm (New to S), Mahjong World Contest (B to S)

Other increases: Hue (D to B), Yakuza Kiwami (D to B), Medieval Defenders (E to C), Gem Legends (D to B), Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (D to C), Day D Tower Rush (C to B), Royal Defense (D to C)

A mostly positive result for the first month. E ranks didn't change (thanks to Saints Row, but I needed to get that one online trophy out of the way), but I definitely moved a lot of games out of the D rank upwards even when I added one in God Wars. Would have liked to bump up that completion % a bit more though, Saints Row having all that DLC really knocked it down near the end of the month. Hopefully I can cleanup a bunch of trophies during February to get it up higher (though I plan to start Demon's Souls due to another server closure).

• Like 4

So, January has finished... Can't say it was nice to this old animal.

Got a new Platinum (Killzone HD), Killzone 2 is ranked A now. And one more full route left in Code: Realize. Haven't touched any of my old games in progress.

Killzone 2 suicide rush goes on with no Valor Grand Cross after two weeks of boosting. The first week was a failure because me and my partner missed it by 8-9k points. The second week was a disaster because my earned trophy didn't pop. Yeah, just like that. Still not popping and there's no way to fix it except for another boost. This week and the next one I'm helping a group of friends, then they'll help me to get through one more grind. I wonder what the requirements for Top 1% will be then. And if it won't pop again...

Remember that cannibal from Outlast: Whistleblower? The one who yelled "Mine! You were mine!"? Yep, that's me right now:comp:

large?v=1.0&px=600

At least I have an official milestone to report:

:hidden: #3,500 - Southern Hills Scout (Killzone 2)
Kill 5 enemies while cloaked in Southern Hills during one round

75L0e2c2c.png

Edited by K0t0bl1tz
  • Like 2

Hi everyone,

This was January:

A: 8 -> 10

B: 3 -> 6

C: 6 -> 8

E: 25 -> 22

Went from average E to D. I have Killzone on my backlog but I’m not sure if I would be able to get the online trophies before the servers close.

Edited by luquillla
  • Like 1

Alright everyone should be updated now. Check the spreadsheet and make sure that I do not have any mistakes.

For me this month was equally good and bad:

S: 139 => 152 (+13)

A: 28 =>26 (-2)

B: 8 => 9 (+1)

C: 24 => 22 (-2)

D : 6 => 8 (+2)

E: 11 => 12 (+1)

F: 0 => 0 (+0)

Completion: 74.64 => 75.89 (+1.25)

Unearned Trophies: 2153 => 2140 (-13)

Platinums: 130 => 143 (+13)

I got 13 platinums this month (my most ever).

I got 403 trophies (my most ever).

But I also added 1 E and 2 Ds so this next month will be focused more on the backlog.

• Like 2

F: 0 => 0 (+0)

E: 1 => 0 (-1)

D : 5 => 4 (-1)

C: 3 => 3 (+0)

B: 2 => 1 (-1)

A: 6 => 8 (+2)

Completion: 84.14% => 87.07% (+2.93%)

Unearned trophies:  364 => 301 (-63)

Since I added no more new games after the 1st, all my progress was good.  One new S and two new As.  Those two As probably will move up to S by the end of February because each of them has a few trophies left.  Also made good progress towards my goal of 95% completion and less than 200 unearned trophies as well.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2018 at 9:16 AM, CJ_Mystery said:

Yeah, which is why I got Critical Competitor out of the way fast. I know that rebooting the stories on Beginner Mode is making extra grindy work because you have to complete all three stories again(to spawn the Vanita Remnant and Myst.Figure) but I am not confident that I can dodge-roll well enough to avoid dying a million times on the super-bosses in post-game. So I am starting with Ventus and I have just defeated the first boss and cleared all of the first and second-rank missions at the Mirage Arena.

Well I just did all 3 characters on standard. But since I already had some troubles there so I think critical competitor would just be a grind fest qua leveling, maybe I can just straight up try it after finishing the final episode to see how it works out.

But the biggest problem for me is that I need to do everything with all 3 characters. it just seems not interesting to me. I mean I would like to try a superboss with 1 character, but with 3? So I need to farm everyone to level 80 just to beat those superbosses (and high level arena matches). And then I still have to do all the minigames, get all the commands and that times 3 for all characters.