Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2018

The main February highlight for me is this beast:

44L0216ff.png

Killzone 2 - :gold: Valor Grand Cross

Third time was the charm. And it's my 7th and hopefully last week of dealing with this trophy. Now I just keep helping my team. Online portion of KZ2 completed and both KZ3 versions will be finished soon as well.

Also added some other games from my backlog. Killzone: Mercenary is a great Vita title + I want to finish its MP trophies as soon as possible, just in case. By the end of this year I'm going to complete the whole series on this profile and will finally have something to brag about. That includes ShadowFall DLCs and Intercept standalone.

Got Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness to A rank but this novel is so boring... Damn, I even liked Code: Realize better. After all, there are 5 unique routes with different stories after a certain chapter. But Psycho-Pass has the same plot from start to finish with little to no variety. There are two main playable characters but the main plot isn't affected much as well. It would be enough to read it once and be done with it but nooo... Skipping text you've read doesn't work properly either. If a scene varies slightly in a couple of places, you'll need to read it whole and auto-skip stops working. You can force skip if need be but I read it diligently, hoping for some interesting stuff – I'm that kind of gamer. I didn't like the story or characters that much in the first place but the structure made it even worse.

I'm also reviewing my Pinball collections in order to make sure I have everything for 100% completion (pffft, good luck with hardcore Pinball Arcade), so I installed Pinball FX3 and imported all my tables from Zen Pinball 2. Turns out I only need 12 tables for the whole collection and I'll get them as soon as possible just in case of licensing issues (like with Super League Football table). I'm yet to buy seasons 3-6 of Pinball Arcade.

So, overall, a great and busy month. Now it's 'business as usual'. I need to get back to my starting stats.

• Like 3

Update: I only played 1 new game last month and platted that. I'm also still playing Monster Hunter, and it went up from a C to a B. I'll try to get it to an A before the end of this month, and hope to plat 2 easy game as well. Ni No Kuni 2 also comes out the end of this month, but it might be a D for me.

S - 69

A - 7

B - 1

C - 4

D - 2

E - 11

F - 0

• Like 3

I didn't boost many grades this month, moved Watch_Dogs from A rank to S rank which was more difficult than it should have been as the contracts where hard to solo. I started to play Fe when it came out so that is at a D rank as i moved to play Assassins Creed: Origins to finish the story before i forgot where i was before christmas and boosted that from a rank E to C. Hopefully i'll get the Plat this month for ACO then buy the DLC afterwards. 

Jan   Feb

E 8      7       

D 8      9 

C 6      7     

B 2      2 

A 12    11 

S 25    26

Edited by Niamh5445
  • Like 3

So last month I was able to get 3 plats.  I'd started one game, Journey, for another event but it only has one trophy left now and I'll finish it within the next few days unless my luck is hideous.  But I was able to plat Sen no Kiseki III, Sora no Kiseki FC Evo and Final Fantasy XIII.

But I decided to go join KYC 6, which is going to screw with my progress, but it will get me playing some games I've been wanting to play and been putting off.  Only playing 6 games or it and two are easy plats, one isn't too bad.  Two are a bit longer and the last is brand new and we don't know what the trophy set will look like yet, but it's a sequel of a game that wasn't too hard to complete.  I won't be starting any new PS3 games for it, just Vita and PS4 and all of them should be very doable with the longest ones being on Vita.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, Arctic Cress said:

January update.

E ranks: 14

D ranks: 20

C ranks: 19

B ranks: 11

A ranks: 50

S ranks: 143

Completion % - 70.28%

Now:

E ranks: 15 (up 1)

D ranks: 22 (up 2)

C ranks: 17 (down 2)

B ranks: 11

A ranks: 51 (up 1)

S ranks: 149 (up 6)

Completion % - 70.23% (down 0.05%)

New games: My Name is Mayo (S), Arcade Archives: Bomb Jack (S), Arcade Archives: Double Dragon (S), Arcade Archives: Shanghai III (S), Arcade Archives: Super Dodge Ball (S), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (E), MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (E), Sky Force Anniversary (E)

Other completions: Hue (B to S)

Updated: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (E to D), Gravity Rush 2 (E to D), Medieval Defenders (C to B), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (C to B), Yakuza Kiwami (B to A)

So in conclusion I went backwards, mainly. And with KYC 6 starting I'm not going to recover the completion portion anytime soon. However, I'm going to try to move the games I'm playing in KYC as high as possible and play what I can during the month.

The Arcade Archives were for a TrueTrophies challenge event where I got 2nd place for most bronze trophies in two hours. No one popped a mayo for it which was surprising, first place was taken by someone who speedran Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

• Like 4

Better late then never, my February update:

For the grades:

Starting grades -> previous month -> this month

S Rank 69 -> 71 -> 73 … netto +2

A Rank 48 -> 50 -> 48… netto -2

B Rank 17 -> 16 -> 17… netto +1 … Goal: 5

C Rank 21 -> 22 -> 23…  netto +1 … Goal: 10

D Rank 27 -> 27 -> 26… netto -1 … Goal: 15

E Rank 45 -> 44 -> 46…  netto +2 … Goal: 20

As for the games:

Persona 4 Golden: A Rank -> S Rank (Plat!). Finally managed to plat this amazing game. Thanks to having too much time in the train which I need to take now.

Disc Jam: A Rank -> S Rank. Only needed to do the 50 wins trophy. I wasn’t thinking of finishing this, but I saw a boosting session here and was like, might as well. Thanks to hipo5 for being a good booster.

Saints Row the third: C Rank -> A Rank. Finished the game and 2 DLC’s. Still need to do a lot for the plat to happen, but for now KZ3 and wipeout HD has priority over this game.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth: D Rank -> C Rank. Got to play this after platting persona 4. Finishing 1 chapter was already enough to boost to C.

Trackmania Turbo: NEW -> E Rank. I bought this game and played it somewhat, mostly bought it to for modes like double driver when friends come over.

Gal Gun Double Peace: NEW -> E Rank. I bought a limited edition (not the special mister happiness edition). Tried it out, but damn does it lag my vita hard…

Killzone 3: NEW -> C Rank. I want to finish this games mp with all DLC, but I can’t find myself lucky enough to find a guy who wants to do all the 2 player trophies and the more player trophies. So I really hope I can finish this before server shutdown.

I need to finish the killzone 3 mp so that one is probably gonna be A rank at the end of the month. I am also playing digimon cyber sleuth in the mean time on my vita. I should also get the max awesomeness rank from rayman legends on the vita, but still need that diamond cup to get the plat and S rank. I was planning to play FF15 but didn't do that since I am even busier then I expected. I will definitely play the R&C that is coming out for PS+.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

KYC has come and gone, and of course it didn't really help for the purposes of this topic! In the middle of tax season as well so it's the busiest month of the year for me, and I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment so my trophy progress has slowed to a crawl. My February stats are still just  a few posts above here, so I won't copy those in this post.

E ranks: 16 (up 1)
D ranks: 24 (up 2)
C ranks: 17
B ranks: 12 (up 1)
A ranks: 52 (up 1)
S ranks: 149
Completion: 68.98% (down 1.25%)

New: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (A), DJMAX Respect (C), New Little King's Story (E), Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (E), Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (E)
Upgraded: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (E to D), Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (E to D), Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (C to B )

The five games for KYC have been added on. It could have been more if I had actually played the fifth game in my list but I did not have the time at all. Still managed to push Psycho-Pass to A (which isn't that hard considering PS+ drove its rarities down) and kept DJMAX Respect at C. Some DLC is coming for that soon, though. None of the other games got past an E and I'm not too thrilled with playing any of those, so they might stick around there for a while.

I didn't complete anything this month, but I do plan to knock off Persona 5 early in April, and Psycho-Pass later in the month. Besides MLB The Show 18 which I bought I don't think I'll be starting any new games for a while, so it's a good chance to start working on this event a lot more. But after April 17th, of course. With overtime Monday through Thursday plus Saturdays I won't have much gaming time for the first two weeks of this month. It'll calm down once the tax deadline passes.

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 3

For the grades:

Starting grades -> previous month -> this month

S Rank 69 -> 73 -> 74                                 Netto +1

A Rank 48 -> 48 -> 50                                 Netto +2

B Rank 17 -> 17 -> 17 Goal: 5                    Netto 0

C Rank 21 -> 23 -> 21 Goal: 10                  Netto -2

D Rank 27 -> 26 -> 26 Goal: 15                  Netto 0

E Rank 45 -> 46 -> 48 Goal: 20                  Netto +2

As for the games:

Killzone 3: C Rank -> A Rank. Was able to finish all mp trophies before server shutdown and oh man am I relieved, it was really hard to find people that are motivated enough to help you with the trophies. But thanks to all the people that helped me through this journey of shitty servers. Probably will not plat this due to a lack of interest for this game.

Ratchet & Clank PS4: NEW -> E Rank. OMG Ratchet & Clank on PS+, no way, let’s play it then. Didn’t came far, but I am planning to atleast finish this game in april.

Wipeout HD: New -> A Rank I was also able to finish all mp trophies for this game. Luckily enough these trophies are actually pretty easy, however I must say that some campaign events were even hard to get a bronze in . I’m maybe (probably) not good in racers like this, but I really liked the style of the wipeout series. I probably will not plat it (unless I got the patient to get every event gold and want to know the game inside out). But it was nevertheless fun to play.

Digimon Cyber sleuth story: C Rank -> S Rank Finished the game from chapter 16 where I left of and was also able to finish everything this month. I do like the game and if I see hacker’s memory for a cheap price tag (on vita) then I will definitely buy it!

Hitman GO definitive edition: NEW -> E Rank Eh.. Will try to plat this game in april. But hey it is already from E to D rank now :3

I will probably plat Hitman go and finish Ratchet and Clank, I also recently started playing runner 2 again, but eh I don't know...

• Like 4

March was really slow for me, nevertheless I got my first S :). I'm playing Dying Light at the moment and wish to have the Polyamorus trophy before I finish the game. 

My stats:

S 1

A 12

B 8

C 9

D 7

E 19

Edited by luquillla
  • Like 2

Feb -> March

S  26 -> 31

A  11 -> 10

B  2 -> 2

C  7 -> 7

D  9 -> 10

E  7 -> 7

I ended up playing quite a few games this month thanks to being able to play during my lunch time at work. At lunch i was able to 100% Sky Force Anniversary which I had been playing since January. I was able to platinum the sequel to 36 Fragments of Midnight, Midnight Deluxe on the PS TV and on the PS4 after work. A Way Out came out this month so my friend and I played and got the platinum for this, it was a really good story and the way they used the split screen was really well done, definitely a must play if you can grab a friend. I finished Assassins Creed Origins as well as Batman An Enemy Within as the last episode came out at the end of the month. 

Unfortunately next month won't be a productive as i am going on a business trip to the USA for two weeks then to a friends house for two weeks while i'm over in the states so the back half of April and the front half of May will be very quiet gaming wise. Next months update maybe late by a week or so as i'm not sure when the business trip ends and the holiday begins. Apologies in advance!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luquillla said:

March was a really slow for me, nevertheless I got my first S :). I'm playing Dying Light at the moment and wish to have the Polyamorus trophy before I finish the game. 

My stats:

S 1

A 12

B 8

C 9

D 7

E 19

Hey I just started dying light last night. Its interesting but I feel a real shortage of weapons so far. Maybe it will get better.

• Like 1

March update:

S rank -              67 - 69          
A rank -              33 - 34          
B rank -               0  - 0            
C rank -               2  - 3            
D rank -               0  - 0            
E rank -               2  - 3            
F rank -               2  - 1           

A pretty enjoyable gaming month. Started Kingdom Hearts DDD. Currently on E rank and looking to continue with the KH series. Picked up King's Tale FFXV and completed with an S rank. Later on tried out the Playroom and was an enjoyable experience getting an S rank. Most of the time this month was working on The Witcher 3 and what a great game. Finished with an A rank and will go back to completing the DLCs at a later date. I decided to continue a Vita game in the meantime so started World of Final Fantasy and currently on E rank. Before the end of the month started Star Ocean 5 and currently at C rank a little into April.

For the next month I plan to work on World of FF, Star Ocean 5, KH DDD and maybe another RPG though not sure at the moment.      

Edited by fantasy trigger
  • Like 4

March was good enough for me. All previously added games got A-ranked or higher so, in this regard, I've caught up to last year's stats. I'm yet to reach 95% completion again but it's just a matter of time. Need to return to Killzone 2, only the final chapter left on Elite difficulty. Then I really need to finish the old PS3 version of Diablo 3 and then RoS Necromancer add-on for PS4. That or some other game, not sure yet. And those pinball trophies, so many of them... At least the Zen games have that save exploit to make them much easier, but they still require lots of time and patience.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 4:12 PM, colinmazzini said:

Hey I just started dying light last night. Its interesting but I feel a real shortage of weapons so far. Maybe it will get better.

Expect to die a lot, and by a lot I mean a fu****ing lot. is very very unforgiving, its learning curve can be very difficult and as you mentioned, there is a shortage of weapons at the beginning of the game that doesn’t help a bit. 

I would be able to play more often next week and would be doing gaming sessions for the online trophies, so if you want to join you’re more than welcome 

Edited by luquillla
  • Like 1

Well, I think I made some great progress last month even if it was mostly in the games I was playing for KYC 6.  I ended up starting 7 new games because Sparkle 2 was really cheap during a sale.

So here's my overall progress:

Journey A rank->S rank

Time and Eternity C rank->B rank

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds New->S rank

Blue Reflection New->S rank

Secret of Mana New->S rank

Sparkle 2 New->S rank

Exist Archive New->B rank

Tokyo Xanadu New->D rank

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 New->C rank

At the very least, I have been able to consistently maintain 0 E ranks.  Even since I got rid of them last year I now can't stand a game being stuck at E.  Also is pretty good that I kept my completion drop below 3% for starting 7 new games.  I'm sure I'll catch back up to where I was and at least all my KYC games were pretty fun.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Since the end of the month is near and I don't think a lot will change on my stats, here's my update for April:

S Rank: 42 -> 44

A Rank: 12 -> 12
B Rank: 6 -> 7

C Rank: 11 -> 10

D Rank: 8 -> 10

E Rank: 22 -> 20

started games: 101 -> 103

I managed to finish and S Rank Yonder: Cloud Catcher Chronicles. God, it was quite a fight with some bug and a lot of luck regarding some fishing. But all in all an easy plat. Just more time consuming than I thought it would be

I also gave Horizon Zero Dawn a second try. Managed to get it from E to A in a few days without playing much else. I will play the DLC one day but I don't think I will get the S Rank in it as I just don't feel like ever trying the difficulty-related trophies of the NG+ Update.

Apart from that I played a lot of Kingdom Hearts and about half of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, getting those ranks to A and B respectively. I will concentrate on the rest of KH1 now since I want to make it my milestone. BBS will have to wait a while to be finished as that will be the milestone after that :D
I started and finished 36 Fragments of Midnight on PS4. My fastest plat and really a lot easier than on Vita. It was a nice filler plat to the milestone.

And finally I bought Hatsune Miku Project Diva f in the Big in Japan Sale which I already started. That will be another quick and easy plat for after KH.

I also already reached one of my trophy goals this year with an average completion rate of over 50%. Currently at 53.03%, so I don't have to worry that much over falling under 50 again. So I upped my goal to reach completion of 60% :D

• Like 4

Monthly Update:

S: 171 => 180 (+9)

A: 26 =>25 (-1)

B: 9 => 9 (+0)

C: 21 => 21 (+0)

D : 9 => 10 (+1)

E: 8 => 9 (+1)

F: 0 => 0 (+0)

Completion: 79.16 => 79.37 (+0.21)

Unearned Trophies: 1965 => 2048 (+83)

Platinums: 161 => 170 (+9)

Not a great month for me. I added a D and E and quite a few unearned trophies. If only I didn't dislike Dying Light so much with its very large 69 trophy haul. I think I will go back to it. Probably.

• Like 2

Update time

84.04% --> 84.45%

S (59) --->63 (+4)

A (35) --->34 (-1)

B (3) ---> 4 (+1) Looks like a former "A" Game got demoted to "B" :( 

C (1)

D (0)

E (0)

F (0)

Games Played: 102

Competed Games: 63 (Coincidence that it matches my "S" Ranks)

Unearned Trophies: 582

Country Rank: 7,790

World Rank: 63,556

(Goal: 2 B Ranks, 30 A Ranks, 65 S Ranks, 85% Completion Rate)

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 1

Here's mine 

E 96-92

D 33-33

C 21-21

B 14-14

A 81-82

S 333-344

67.61% -- 68.78% 

Played 578-586

Unearned 7234-7067

Goals

E 50

D 5

C 10

B 25

A 150+

S 350+

My completion % is steadily going up by over 1% a month. Spent the last 2 weeks playing through Arkham knight, I started with 4 trophies done and now have 90 out of a possible 110. Still a few to go for the plat and some tough ar challenges if I want 100%

I'm still steadily knocking down my E ranks but I feel getting it to 50 will be a massive challenge. I shouldn't have been so optimistic when I decided on my goals but I'll try my best.

Edited by wolverine123
Earned another trophy
  • Like 1