Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2018

Last month was quite productive for me.

1) No new games added, and all my games are still A or S with trophies popping daily.

2) Completion rate improved to 93% (I wonder if I'll reach 95% in May).

3) Killzone 2 - platinum obtained (burn, Radec, burn), also hit my 200th Ultra Rare trophy with it.

4) The old vanilla PS3 Diablo III finally finished.

5) Rise of the Necromancer DLC for Reaper of Souls also completed ('only' 325 bounties left for the Platinum).

6) Easier DLC trophies done for Shadow of Mordor (need to return to the trials at some point).

7) Killzone:Mercenary's online trophies finished

• Like 1

Got my second and third platinum, started and finished Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, enjoyed it to the point that I'm contemplating to buy the PS4 special edition, haven't finished Dying Light but managed to finish Hotline Miami 2 but missing platinum, it's going to take me a while.

April stats:

• (2)
  • (13)
  • (9)
  • (8)
  • (6)
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2018 at 5:15 PM, Arctic Cress said:

E ranks: 16
D ranks: 24
C ranks: 17
B ranks: 12
A ranks: 52
S ranks: 149
Completion: 68.98%

Now:

E ranks: 15 (down 1)
D ranks: 26 (up 2)
C ranks: 15 (down 2)
B ranks: 11 (down 1)
A ranks: 51 (down 1)
S ranks: 154 (up 5)
Completion: 69.39% (up 0.41%)

New: MLB The Show 18 (D), Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita) (A)
Completed: Day D Tower Rush (B to S), Persona 5 (A to S), Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (A to S), Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (C to S), Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (D to S)
Upgraded: MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (E to D)
Degraded: DJMAX Respect (C to D)

A good month with not too many added games and a lot of completions (4 platinums and a 100%), improving my completion % to 69.39%. Unfortunately a lot of games had DLC released recently which prevented it from going too much higher. I was also surprised by the release of Cosmic Star Heroine on Vita this month, as I had been waiting for that release for quite some time. I also slacked a bit on getting trophies in DJMAX Respect, and I haven't bought the DLC for it either so it fell a rank, which is annoying. In general though, everything is moving in the right direction now. I'm not thinking about buying any games in the coming months besides anything in sales so I probably won't be starting many games either. That's the easiest way to get the completion percentage up, after all.

My next update should get me over 70%. Possibly higher, I'll make 70.5% my short-term goal for the month.

• Like 1

April update:

S rank -              69 - 70          
A rank -              34 - 34          
B rank -               0  - 0            
C rank -               3  - 2             
D rank -               0  - 0            
E rank -               3  - 4            
F rank -               1  - 1            

Been working on Star Ocean 5 and got to S then added Star Ocean Till the End of Time and currently at E. An enjoyable month of playing SO games and looking to continue in the next month.

Edited by fantrig99
  • Like 3

April update:

Not a ton of obvious progress here.  I got Exist Archive from a B to an A and Tokyo Xanadu from a D to a C.  Also added CollarxMalice and got it to a S and Code Realize Future Blessings and it was at an E (it's now a D though).  Code Realize will end up at an S soon enough though because it's an easy VN.  I also hope to have Exist Archive at an S by the end of this month.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

April update:

Not a ton of obvious progress here.  I got Exist Archive from a B to an A and Tokyo Xanadu from a D to a C.  Also added CollarxMalice and got it to a S and Code Realize Future Blessings and it was at an E (it's now a D though).  Code Realize will end up at an S soon enough though because it's an easy VN.  I also hope to have Exist Archive at an S by the end of this month.

I recently bought Exist Archive and am thinking about starting it soon enough. Is it an easy game? Or is there a lot of stuff to look out for to minimize the number of playthroughs for the plat? 

6 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I recently bought Exist Archive and am thinking about starting it soon enough. Is it an easy game? Or is there a lot of stuff to look out for to minimize the number of playthroughs for the plat? 

It's not hard, but the game very poorly explains stuff so you'll have to figure things out on your own and a guide will be essential for all the end game and post game stuff.  You can do the plat in one run, but I realized I'd have to redo a bunch of grinding to do so and it would take less time to just do a NG+ since levels and equipment carry over.  You'll need tons of grinding because the equipment you can buy is always inferior to what drops from enemies and the only way to get money is by selling the stuff that enemies drop anyhow, and you don't even get access to buying stuff until later in the game.

Playstationtrophies has a trophy guide and roadmap though and it has links to maps for the dungeons which will be essential to get 100% exploration in them.  GameFAQS has a skill guide, which will be very useful since you'll need to know what unlocks some skills to get the trophy for learning 100 skills.  Overall though, the game is very stingy with trophies until endgame.  You'll get a few hours to try the game out before getting a trophy.  One of the things that makes the game tricky is just the lack of information about it.  Not only does the game fail to explain things, but there isn't much in the way of guides to help you if you are having trouble finding your way in a dungeon or having trouble with a boss.

Edited by ladynadiad

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

It's not hard, but the game very poorly explains stuff so you'll have to figure things out on your own and a guide will be essential for all the end game and post game stuff.  You can do the plat in one run, but I realized I'd have to redo a bunch of grinding to do so and it would take less time to just do a NG+ since levels and equipment carry over.  You'll need tons of grinding because the equipment you can buy is always inferior to what drops from enemies and the only way to get money is by selling the stuff that enemies drop anyhow, and you don't even get access to buying stuff until later in the game.

Playstationtrophies has a trophy guide and roadmap though and it has links to maps for the dungeons which will be essential to get 100% exploration in them.  GameFAQS has a skill guide, which will be very useful since you'll need to know what unlocks some skills to get the trophy for learning 100 skills.  Overall though, the game is very stingy with trophies until endgame.  You'll get a few hours to try the game out before getting a trophy.  One of the things that makes the game tricky is just the lack of information about it.  Not only does the game fail to explain things, but there isn't much in the way of guides to help you if you are having trouble finding your way in a dungeon or having trouble with a boss.

That sounds indeed like a lot of work and trying to find my way through it. I had found the trophy guide but since it doesn't seem to be complete I was still left wondering about a lot of stuff. Well, if i like the game I may try to write a guide myself even though I'm a bit unsure about it since jrpgs tend to need a lot of information which is hard to get by oneself. But thanks for your opinion. Was definitely helpful for me.

9 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

That sounds indeed like a lot of work and trying to find my way through it. I had found the trophy guide but since it doesn't seem to be complete I was still left wondering about a lot of stuff. Well, if i like the game I may try to write a guide myself even though I'm a bit unsure about it since jrpgs tend to need a lot of information which is hard to get by oneself. But thanks for your opinion. Was definitely helpful for me.

Make sure you check the sticky one on Playstation Trophies.  The non-sticky is incomplete, but the sticky is more complete. Here is a direct link.

Overall, once you get the hang of it, there really isn't anything too hard that you can't get past without either grinding and/or farming for better gear or checking GameFAQs and/or YouTube for info.  I did have to go find a video walkthrough on YouTube for one dungeon that I had trouble with figuring out how to get to the destination, but there is a complete one that covers that thankfully.  The game is quest based, so it tells you where to go, there are just some major difficulty spikes at points and there are definitely better strategies for handling things.  I'll go ahead and give you one big tip now, make sure to always have a ranged physical class in your party.  Gunner is great at the start, once you get Grim Reaper that one is the best.  A magic user who can heal is also very helpful because healing items are at a premium, so you want to get Mayura's storm mage class up to level 2 as soon as possible to have a heal available without needing items.  Pretty much you can get through most of the game with just having Mayura's Light Cure and a ranged fighter to handle spiky enemies and then have Kanata and whoever else you like as a close range fighter do most of your damage.

So yeah, it's a doable plat, just expect 100+ hours and a lot of hunting for info and some trial and error.  Also, save very often because the game does have crashing problems, but if you save after each quest, the loss of progress is minimal.  Plain and simple, it will take patience and that seems to be a big part of why it's a UR plat with a rather low rarity.  I'd also very much recommend doing two playthroughs.  Get the Eternity of Time ending first, do most of the post game stuff, then do another run for the rest of your endings because your party that can handle the post game stuff will breeze through the game and one of those endings requires soloing it with Kanara and that's actually not easy at all.

On a good note, I do like the story and the characters.  It has a lot of potential and falls short of it a bit, but the game is solid and fun, just a bit overly repetitive since it requires so much grinding.

March -> April

S 31 -> 33 

A 10 -> 11 

B 2 -> 1

C 7 -> 6

D 10 -> 10

E 7 -> 6

Sorry for the delay in writing this post the trip to the US has been good so far with but gaming wise there wasn't alot of time. Before leaving i got the 100% in journey. I also managed to move Resogun to A rank as well as uncharted for the PS4 during the trip from a B rank. Thats about it for april unfortunately hopefully next month will allow for more gaming. 

• Like 1

A quick mid-month update: everything's good. Finally finished Diablo III: Reaper of Souls for PS4 :dance: Also achieved a decent progress on Pinball FX3 with the core list and two DLC packs completed + hit my Silver trophy #888.

Because I've been such a good kitty lately, I'm treating myself to some easy games I've been dying to play. Already finished the first season of Telltale's Batman and started Life Is Strange. I'm still grinding my main list and pop trophies from it daily; the easy stuff is just for more fun.

I'm not sure if I'll finish Killzone: Mercenary by the end of the month but I'll try.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 2:15 PM, Howling-Lady said:

Started-Current-Goal

E- 5->3(-2)- Goal 0

D- 4->4 Goal 0

C- 5->5

B- 3->3

A- 6->7(+1)

S- 5->7(+2) Goal 7

Completion %- 41.96-> 48.57 (+6.61) Goal 50%

Pretty okay month for me, lots of time spend grinding levels in several rpgs, but I did plat Teslagrad to reach my original goal of 7 Plats. Given that I actually made my goal for S ranks which I didn't expect to do so soon, I'm raising my goal to 15 S Rank games to triple the amount I started with. Also I'd like to set a goal of lowering my Unearned Trophies.

New goals

S Rank- Goal >15

Unearned- Goal <500

It's been a while since I updated so here it is.

Started-Current-Goal

E- 5->2(-3) Goal 0

D- 4->4 Goal 0

C- 5->6(+1)

B- 3->2(-1)

A- 6->9(+3)

S- 5->13(+8) Goal 15

Completion %- 41.96->56.319(+14.43) Goal 50%

Unearned Trophies: 721 (Goal<500)

I've added a lot of S ranks since I started this event, but I haven't made much progress on those E/D ranks. Until I start chipping away at those E/D ranks I won't be close to my goal of unearned trophies, those CoD games and their dlc really make this a pain. I might have to resign myself to not making that goal, but we'll see where I'm at once I make some progress on Skyrim and Fallout 3. Both of those have lots of unearned trophies and I think I own the all the dlc for those, so it's just a matter of putting hours into them. 

Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 2

This sounds interesting, I think I'm going to join. Gotta work on those F-Ranks especially.

S-Rank - Current: 115 l Goal 130

A-Rank - Current: 2 l Goal 1 or less

B-Rank - Current: 0 l Goal 0

C-Rank - Current: 0 l Goal 0

D-Rank - Current: 2 l Goal 1 or less

E-Rank - Current: 4 l Goal 0

F-Rank - Current: 7 l Goal 2 or less

Unearned trophies: 595 l Goal: 200 or less

Platinum trophies: 85 l Goal: 95 or more

Completion rate: 94.05% l Goal: >97%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing will change today, so I'll just make my monthly update before I forget ?

Again, a productive month:

1) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4) -> :platinum:

2) Pinball FX3 -> Core game + 4 table packs 100% completed (75% overall).

3) Three easy Plats to boost my stats a tiny bit: Telltale's Batman (PS4), Life Is Strange (PS3) and Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD (PS3).

4) GTA V (PS3) -> One last trophy earned in the Heists DLC, only Level 100 left to complete the online portion of the game (I'm currently at level 85).

Overall completion rate reached 94% with 211 unearned trophies. Should be able to recover my stats from last December soon-ish, by the middle of July for sure.

Still need to finish Killzone: Mercenary, doing Demolition and Covert contracts first, then Veteran difficulty. I'll leave precision speed runs for last, I HATE speed runs especially with other strings attached. I'm also going to complete Pinball FX3 and go back to remaining Zen Pinball 2 trophies. With The Pinball Arcade's added trophy goodness, there's still too much unearned pinball stuff on my system. Gotta buy Seasons 6-7 for PS4 soon to have all the collection at hand before Williams/Bally tables are de-listed (which is June 30 in case you were looking at this hardcore pinball beast - it's now or never if you want to tackle it).

Edited by K0t0bl1tz
  • Like 3

On 4/30/2018 at 10:06 PM, wolverine123 said:

Here's mine 

E 96-92

D 33-33

C 21-21

B 14-14

A 81-82

S 333-344

67.61% -- 68.78% 

Played 578-586

Unearned 7234-7067

Goals

E 50

D 5

C 10

B 25

A 150+

S 350+

Here's this months update, I will edit this post tonight if anything changes 

E-92-89

D-33-30

C-21-22

B-14-15

A-82-88

S-344-362

68.78% - 70.35%

Played- 586-606

Unearned- 7067-6934

Feeling positive about what I can do next month. Got a few E & D ranks lined up for another event. I don't plan on starting any new games for the next month or 2 and really going at some of my big e ranks, I'm looking at you far cry 2, red dead redemption and just cause 2. I'm also really chuffed I got my completion over 70% I'm hoping for over 80 by end of the year.

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 2

I guess it's that time of month again. I've completed 4 games since. One of which was an old game. We're almost halfway through the year, and I really need to complete some of my E games. Here are my updated stats:

S - 74

A - 8

B - 0

C - 4

D - 1

E - 11

F - 1

• Like 2

So for my update:

Root Letter ---> New to E

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms ---> New to E

Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus ---> New to S

Code Realize: Future Blessings ---> E to S

Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly ---> New to S

Bad Apple Wars ---> New to S

Exist Archive ---> A to S

Time and Eternity ---> C to A

Tokyo Xanadu ---> C to A

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution ---> New to D

So my progress boils down to I started way too many new games this month, but also finished a bunch of games and have a couple that will be finished pretty soon.

• Like 3

I'm taking part in the "It takes bulls" challenge, so I unhid some games, earned a single trophy in others and am also doing some retrospective completing. Thus this month makes grim reading.

84.45% ---> 80.57% (-3.88%)

S (63) ---> 66 (+3)

A (34) ---> 32 (-2)

B (4) (N/C)

C (1) ---> 2 (+1)

D (0) ---> 1 (+1)

E (0) ---> 5 (+5)

F (0) (N/C)

Games Played: 102 ---> 110 (+8)

Competed Games: 63 ---> 66 (+3)

Unearned Trophies: 582 ---> 807 (+225)

Country Rank: 7,790 ---> 7,589 (+201)

World Rank: 63,556 ---> 61,674 (+1,882)

(Goal: (1) 2 B Ranks, (2) 30 A Ranks, (3) 65 S Ranks, (4) 85% Completion Rate)

(Goal Progress: (1) Unfulfilled (2 away), (2) Unfulfilled (2 away), (3) Fulfilled (+1), (4) Unfulfilled (4.43% away))

• Like 2

Progress so far:

Start  Target  Current   Change

S   38       50+       47          +9 

A   91     150+     101        +10

B   20       30         23          +3

C   37       15         40          +3

D   10        5          19          +9

E   29        0          23           -6

F     1         0            0          -1

Moving in the right direction. Quite often find that when I restart a game with an E ranking I suddenly remember why I stopped playing it. Most trophies in a single month ever for me this month (211) so that's good. Moved up 500 places in the UK rankings too, also good and nearly hit 50% overall completion - this is turning out to be a great motivator, glad I joined!

• Like 3

First Update:

Games Played: 130 >>> 132 (+2)

S-Rank - Current: 115 >>> 115 (+0) l Goal 130

A-Rank - Current: 2 >>> 2 (+0) l Goal 1 or less

B-Rank - Current: 0 >>> 1 (+1) l Goal 0

C-Rank - Current: 0 >>> 0 (+0) l Goal 0

D-Rank - Current: 2 >>> 2 (+0) l Goal 1 or less

E-Rank - Current: 4 >>> 4 (+0) l Goal 0

F-Rank - Current: 7 >>> 8 (+1) l Goal 2 or less

Unfinished Games : 15 >>> 17 (+2)

• PS3: 4
  • PS4: 8 (+1)
  • PSV: 5 (+1)

Unearned trophies: 595 >>> 581 (-14) l Goal: 200 or less

Earned Trophies: 4091 >>> 4119 (+28) l Goal: 4500

Platinum trophies: 85 >>> 85 (+0)l Goal: 95 or more

Completion rate: 94.05% >>> 93.62 (-0.43) l Goal: >97%

Added some more statistics. I also registered two new games I plan on playing during the Summer Backlog Challenge: N.E.R.O. and 7'scarlet. I started 7'scarlet yesterday, because I can't continue the other two otome games or KH2 because those have to stay below 20% for the backlog challenge until June. Completion was 94.4% before that.

I'm focusing on KH2 and Digimon right now and hope to complete both games in the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 2

April -> May

S 33 -> 33

A 11 -> 10

B 2 -> 2

C 6 -> 6

D 10 -> 11

E 7 -> 8

I didn't play much during the first two weeks of may as i was still in the states visiting a friend. I came back on the 20th and finally got some play time in. I'm taking part in the Camp Wannalottaplat event so i have started God of War and Skylanders at E and D rank respectively. Rocket League also got moved down to a B grade as they have added more DLC trophies which has reduced the platinum grade. I plan to plat God of War this month as well as borderlands 2 for the other event which will clear that out of my backlog and achieve a goal for the year! 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, Arctic Cress said:

Now:

E ranks: 15
D ranks: 26
C ranks: 15
B ranks: 11
A ranks: 51
S ranks: 154
Completion: 69.39%

My next update should get me over 70%. Possibly higher, I'll make 70.5% my short-term goal for the month.

Now:

E ranks: 14 (down 1)
D ranks: 26
C ranks: 16 (up 1)
B ranks: 11
A ranks: 52 (up 1)
S ranks: 161 (up 7)
Completion: 70.00% (up 0.61%)

New: Broken Age (E), MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (D), Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (B), XBlaze Code: Embryo [Vita] (C)
Completed: Cosmic Star Heroine [Vita] (A to S), Devious Dungeon [Vita] (New to S), Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (C to S), Machinarium [PS4] (New to S), Mahjong (New to S), Pic-a-Pix Color [Vita] (New to S), Royal Defense [Vita] (C to S)
Upgraded: Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (E to D), Demon Gaze (E to D), DJMAX Respect (D to A), MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (D to C), MLB The Show 18 (D to C), Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (B to A)

If THL didn't happen, maybe I do get that completion percentage up to 70.5% like I wanted, but I'll have to settle for just getting it to 70% to finish up May. Started a whole lot of games during the THL fixtures so that I earned a promotion from Silver to Gold League, so it was worth the slight completion hit at the time. And, because I completed 7 games and upgraded a huge amount of other games, I still managed to bring up the completion percentage from its previous low amount.

Actually going back to some of these games is actually giving me the itch to play some of them more, too. I dropped Atelier Firis pretty quick because I was just bored with it, but going through it now with the plot progressing is interesting enough for me to continue (though I wasted so many days in that town running back and forth). Demon Gaze was also stopped right after beating the first real boss, but I continued on and beat the second one as well and will probably tackle it once I've finished a few of the dungeon crawlers I'm currently working on.

As a side note, I have almost got an uncommon trophy up to the first page of my trophy advisor here, which is pretty interesting considering how many games I have at low ranks. Only two commons to collect and that's done, probably will grab them in MegaTagmension Blanc as I complete that for the Summer Camp event. Hopefully I can knock out a ton more by the end of the month while I start to eliminate the E ranks. Trying for 71% completion by the end of June, and I will probably not start eight games during the month and ruin my goal again. Probably.

Edited by Arctic Cress
Fixed numbers
  • Like 3