Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2018

So finally my own progress in May. It was a rather slow month with not a lot of changes. I mainly played Final Fantasy XIV and right now I'm in a deep FFXIV phase again so progress with other games might be rather slow in the coming weeks as well. But I sure hope, it won't be.

S Rank: 44 -> 45

A Rank: 12 -> 14
B Rank: 7 -> 6

C Rank: 10 -> 10

D Rank: 10 -> 9

E Rank: 20 -> 21

started games: 105

Games I made progress in:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva f: I finishes all songs on all difficulties except one on Extreme and managed to buy almost everything needed for collectable trophies. The only things left are stuff I need to buy for events to fill up the event list and to maximize all friendships. Stuff I do when I have to ride a bus or train.

Final Fantasy XIV: Started all Discipline of the Hand and Land classes and got them to level 15 which brought me a few trophies. But I'm not really going for the trophies in this game. Not until I get this damn Levequest trophy out of my way

Kingdom Hearts I (PS4): I only got the speedrun trophy this month. However I started my proud walkthrough and managed to get to Hollow Bastion. Right now I need to grind some levels and with getting killed after two hits it is really frustrating and time consuming so I take a break for the time being.

Games I started new:

Exist Archive: I played the first few quests and got a single trophy in it. It seems to be quite an interesting game but I will have to get back to it later.

Minefield: It is Minesweeper but quite buggy. Took me 3 hours simply because some trophies glitched on me. Fast 100% but I think I will stick to Minesweeper on PC.

I joined the Camp Wannalottaplat. Since I have a few games with fast plats on my list, I expect to get some new games on my list as well as a few new plats. It shouldn't do much with my overall completion rate or my average rank, so yeah. Let's see waht this month will bring.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 4

May update:

S rank -              70 - 70            
A rank -              34 - 35          
B rank -               0  - 0            
C rank -               2  - 2             
D rank -               0  - 0            
E rank -               4  - 3            
F rank -               1  - 1            

Been continuing to work on Star Ocean 3 and got to A. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A quick mid-month update from the old cat ?

No new games added in June, daily pinball trophies popping. Although I'm 2 trophies overdue at the moment, I'll do my best to catch up this weekend. Not much progress anywhere else though - been busy with other stuff over the last two weeks. Trophy-wise, it's business as usual but no extra mile.

• Like 3

Quick Mid-month update:

80.57% ---> 81.14% (+0.57%)

S (66) ---> 67 (+1)

A (34) (N/C)

B (4) (N/C)

C (2) (N/C)

D (1) ---> 0 (-1)

E (5) (N/C)

F (0) (N/C)

Trophy Count: 3,889

Games Played: 110 (N/C)

Competed Games: 66 ---> 67 (+1)

Unearned Trophies: 807 ---> 794 (-13)

Country Rank: 7,589 ---> 7,612 (-23)

World Rank: 61,674 ---> 61,521 (+153)

(Goal: (1) 2 B Ranks, (2) 30 A Ranks, (3) 65 S Ranks, (4) 85% Completion Rate)

(Goal Progress: (1) Unfulfilled (2 away), (2) Unfulfilled (2 away), (3) Fulfilled (+2), (4) Unfulfilled (3.86% away)

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 4

Mid June update as I’m quite happy with the progress I’ve made this month.

May -> Current
S 14 ->18 (+4)
A 9 -> 10 (+1)
B 3 -> 3
C 5 -> 5
D 4 -> 2 (-2)
E 2 -> 1 (-1)
Completion %: 58.47%-> 65.09% (+6.62)
Unearned Trophies: 693 -> 626 (-67)
Plats: 12-> 15 (+3) 

I’m very happy of my improved completion %, and think I should be able to hit at least 70%, before the end of the year. I have some games I’m looking to start soon, but I think I’ll wait till I finish one of the either DAi or Bloodborne before I start something new. I still have some BO3 campaign trophies, all of which are silver, so hopeful that will be a nice boost to my completion percentage. 

Games
God of War (PS3) D->S
Fallout 3 E->C
CoD MW3 C->B
CoD BO3 D->C
Bloodborne C->A

I’ve earned trophies in other games too,  but I think only these changed ranks. Only have Unchared 4 and Skyrim(PS3) as D ranks and Final Fantasy as E ranks. For now I think I’m gonna finish the BO3 campaign before June ends. I’m also working on some games for Camp WannalottaPlat and will be starting KH2 in July for it, I’d like my completion percentage closer to 70 before I start a new game. I think the 3 D/E rank games will have to wait till fall, but I should be able to raise them before the end of the year. 
Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

End-of-June Update:

Games Played: 132 (+0)

S-Rank - Current: 115 >>> 118 (+3) l Goal 130

A-Rank - Current: 2 >>> 2 (+0) l Goal 1 or less

B-Rank - Current: 1 >>> 0 (-1) l Goal 0

C-Rank - Current: 0 >>> 0 (+0) l Goal 0

D-Rank - Current: 2 >>> 2 (+0) l Goal 1 or less

E-Rank - Current: 4 >>> 2 (-2) l Goal 0

F-Rank - Current: 8 >>> 8 (+0) l Goal 2 or less

Unfinished Games : 17 >>> 14 (-3)

• PS3: 4
  • PS4: 7 (-1)
  • PSV: 3 (-2)

Unearned trophies: 581 >>> 489 (-92) l Goal: 200 or less

Earned Trophies: 4119 >>> 4211 (+92) l Goal: 4500

Platinum trophies: 85 >>> 88 (+3)l Goal: 95 or more

Completion rate: 93.62% >>> 95.93 (+2.31) l Goal: >97%

So much progress. I managed to complete both of my long-term projects (Digimon and KH2) today. I also finished 7'scarlet earlier this month. 

For July I aim to complete at least Abzu, Nero, Hakuoki and Code:Realize. I also plan to start Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep later this evening and want to at least beat the games' story.

Edited by alte_muehle91
  • Like 2

End of June update:
May-June
S 14 ->19 (+5)
A 9 ->10 (+1)
B 3 ->3
C 5->5
D 4 ->3 (-1)
E 2->1 (-1)
Completion %: 58.47 -> 65.55 (+7.08)
Unearned Trophies: 693->636(-57)

Changes:
God of War (PS3) D->S
Claire New->S
Abzu New->S
LiS: Before the Storm New->S
Unravel A->S
Bloodborne C->A
KH Chain of Memories B->A
CoD MW3 C->B
Fallout 3 E->C
CoD BO3 D->C
Rime New-> D

I started Rime late in June and didn’t end up finishing it which hurt my stats a bit, but I should be able to complete soon when I get back to playing it. Still it was a great month for me, specially for my completion %. 

Halfway through the year and I’m gonna update my goals as I’ve reached my goals for S ranks and completion %. New goals are bolded.

S 15 -> 30+
D 0
E 0
Completion %: 50% -> 75%
Unearned Trophies: <500

Only goal I might have trouble with is unearned trophies as I have 2 CoD games on my profile that have lots of dlc trophies. I’m hopeful that getting my E and D ranks will get me close and then. I didn’t finish the BO3 campaign so that will help both unearned trophies and completion % since they’re all silver trophies I think.
Edited by Howling-Lady
  • Like 3

So did pretty decent this month with the following progress:

Root Letter ---> E to S

Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms ---> E to S

Time and Eternity ---> A to S

Tokyo Xanadu ---> A to S

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution ---> D to C

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 ---> D to C

Kingdom Hearts ---> D to A

Kingdom Hearts II --->C to B

Life is Strange ---> New to S

Completion is now at 91.31% and unearned trophies are at 256.  Down to only 14 incomplete games, 7 on PS3, 6 on Vita and 1 on PS4.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 actually had dropped to a D due to average completion increasing, but I got a few trophies and got it back to a C.  I'm working on that one again and trying to get the plat.  Also working on Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evo and getting that plat so that all that remains is getting all my PS3 games up to A rank and platting two of them.

• Like 4

On 5/31/2018 at 11:08 AM, wolverine123 said:

Here's this months update, I will edit this post tonight if anything changes 

E-92-89

D-33-30

C-21-22

B-14-15

A-82-88

S-344-362

68.78% - 70.35%

Played- 586-606

Unearned- 7067-6934

Here's this month's update

E-89-88

D-30-31

C-22-21

B-15-15

A-88-84

S-362-368

70.35% - 70.60%

Played- 606-607

Unearned- 6934-6883

Only started 1 new game this month and that was rainbow skies day before yesterday, that's my new D rank, I'll be playing that till plat then trying to get some more E ranks done. Went and bumped 4 of my A ranks upto S this month. New season of trophy hunters league next month so I'm expecting to play alot of new games.

• Like 4

On 6/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, Arctic Cress said:

E ranks: 14
D ranks: 26
C ranks: 16
B ranks: 11
A ranks: 52
S ranks: 161
Completion: 70.00%

And now,

E ranks: 14
D ranks: 24 (down 2)
C ranks: 15 (down 1)
B ranks: 12 (up 1)
A ranks: 54 (up 2)
S ranks: 165 (up 4)
Completion: 70.89% (up 0.89%)

New: Tiles (A)
Completed: Devious Dungeon [PS4] (New to S), Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone DX (New to S), MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (D to S), Minefield (New to S)
Upgraded: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (B to A), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational [PS3] (D to C), MLB the Show 18 (C to B), XBlaze Code: Embryo (C to B)

Thought I could get up to 71% this month but got hit with another two DLC packs from DJMAX Respect coming into my trophy list, so that plan derailed pretty hard at the end of the month. Still, getting within 0.11% is a nice consolation prize. In this month, most of the games I started were finished (with the exception of Tiles) and got some random one letter upgrades in various games. Most of the other completion percentage upgrades were from pushing up A games to... still rank A, in the case of Yakuza Kiwami (for the Summer Camp event) and Gems of War. I haven't seen my completion percentage this high since KYC 5, and it's almost finally regained enough to be back where it started at 71.13%. Just a bit more.

Of the games I played but didn't finish, Tiles is an interesting puzzle concept which is worth the sale price I paid, but nothing really more than that. I'll probably finish Fate/Extella's sidestories than push it aside - it's a decent musou clone, but still not as polished as it could be. My first eagle on the PS3 version of World Invitational just happened to be a hole-in-one too, which definitely surprised me as I wasn't even trying for one. I did get a "regular" eagle later that round. One of the trophies in MLB the Show 18, the one where your RttS character gets called up to the major leagues, bugged out on me and the second cutscene where the trophy pops never showed up. I managed to get a number of trophies otherwise, but that was somewhat annoying and I'll have to try it again. XBlaze has one of the dumbest MCs I've seen in a visual novel and it drags the entire story down with him. I'll probably platinum this, then just forget about it and move on to my Vita visual novel backlog, which is steadily growing with Muv Luv, Root Double, and others coming out.

I did in fact clear enough common trophies off the trophy advisor to now see uncommon trophies at the bottom of the first page; only five now, but that will change as I clear more of these E ranks. I've downloaded some of the games I've dropped earlier, such as Dragon Quest Builders and History Legends of War: Patton with the intent of giving them another chance. That will be part of what I'll be doing during the next THL round which starts up next week. Should be a fun month!

• Like 4

On 4.6.2018 at 11:17 PM, Lagoon Aris said:

S Rank: 44 -> 45

A Rank: 12 -> 14
B Rank: 7 -> 6

C Rank: 10 -> 10

D Rank: 10 -> 9

E Rank: 20 -> 21

started games: 105

S Rank: 45 -> 51

A Rank: 14 -> 13

B Rank: 6 -> 7

C Rank: 10 -> 8

D Rank: 9 -> 9

E Rank: 21 -> 22

started games: 110

Games I made progress in:

Valley: I finally got through the last video walkthroughs for the remaining collectibles and managed to get the plat in this one. I made it my 40th milestone because through all those collectible hunting I started to loath the game and made it a "out of spite" milestone.

J-Stars Victory Vs+: Wanted to continue my daily streak I started with the "Days of Plays" event from Sony. So I knocked out a few easy online-related trophies via selfboost.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: Got to grind out the remaining online-related trophies and after that I found the motivation to get all the remaining trophies as well, so another S Rank.

Danganronpa 1 2 Reload: No motivation for the final School Mode grins from the first game, so I started my playthrough of the second game. Finished the prologue and the first chapter up to the class trial. I hope I will get at least the story done this month.

Games I started new:

Deponia: I started this game for the "Days of Plays" event from Sony. One trophy a day to get the plat in a single playthrough. Managed that and got the S rank within two weeks.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst: Right after finishing the second game, I decided to start the thrid one. Finished the prologue chapter and nothing else. Will continue it this month and hopefully plat it as well.

Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4 and Vita): I love Picross. And if I get my hands on a Picross-game it usually doesn't last long. It sure didn't on PS4. Solved all puzzles within two days. On Vita it took far longer, mostly because I mosly play right before I go to sleep which reduces my Vita playtime a lot. But it was fun to play both times and I platted them both (also I platted the Vita only a few hours ago, which makes it count into July)

I started a lot of new games, but finished most of them. And I completed two older games. My completion rate is now at 55,64% which is already a lot more than I hoped for this year, and yeah. July marks my last month of "holidays" as my new job and trainee space will start August 1st, so I hope, I will get to knock out a few more games this month, as it will be my last where I can play almost all day long.

• Like 4

Platinum-ed FF IX :) 

Here's the current state of affairs:

81.14% ---> 81.87% (+0.73%)

S (67) ---> 68 (+1)

A (34) (N/C)

B (4) (N/C)

C (2) ---> 1 (-1)

D (0) (N/C)

E (5) (N/C)

F (0) (N/C)

Trophy Count: 3,889 ---> 3,937 (+48)

Games Played: 110 (N/C)

Competed Games: 66 ---> 67 (+1)

Unearned Trophies: 794 ---> 750 (-44)

Country Rank: 7,612 ---> 7,484 (+128)

World Rank: 61,521 ---> 60,693  (+828)

(Goal: (1) 2 B Ranks, (2) 30 A Ranks, (3) 65 S Ranks, (4) 85% Completion Rate)

(Goal Progress: (1) Unfulfilled (2 away), (2) Unfulfilled (2 away), (3) Fulfilled (+3), (4) Unfulfilled (3.13% away)

• Like 4

Not much progress from my side. Actually, it's the least productive gaming month this year, especially the second half. Too busy with other things - working, helping my wife with her education, other activities... I only got to the last trophy in Pinball FX3 and duplicated Life Is Strange on PS4. I don't remember even running Killzone: Mercenary (maybe collected a few pieces of intel but that was it). Now, since I've switched to a different daily schedule, I may be able to fix it all soon-ish. Maybe I'll even manage to restore last year's stats, but we'll see about that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K0t0bl1tz said:

Not much progress from my side. Actually, it's the least productive gaming month this year, especially the second half. Too busy with other things - working, helping my wife with her education, other activities... I only got to the last trophy in Pinball FX3 and duplicated Life Is Strange on PS4. I don't remember even running Killzone: Mercenary (maybe collected a few pieces of intel but that was it). Now, since I've switched to a different daily schedule, I may be able to fix it all soon-ish. Maybe I'll even manage to restore last year's stats, but we'll see about that.

I am right there with you. The last month has been my least productive gaming month in two years.

Updates will be later today.

• Like 1

Chugging along. That coveted 80%+ is almost in sight! The amount of lower ranks jumped in the later months, mostly due to the camp event and addition of a few new games I wanted to play, but I do plan to go through the games and up the ranks when the camp event wraps up.

Also, apologies for not actually writing the update posts all this time. 

• Like 1

Alright, everyone, everything is updated. Halfway done already. Hope it is going the way you want it to so far.

New Update:

S - 187 => 188 (+1)

A - 24 => 26 (+2)

B - 10 => 10 (+0)

C - 22 => 23 (+1)

D - 11 => 11 (+0)

E - 11 => 12 (+1)

F - 0 => 0 (+0)

Platinums - 177 => 178 (+1)

Completion - 78.99 => 78.2 (-0.79)

Unearned trophies - 2201 => 2312 (+111)

This month did not go well for me at all. I am well behind where I want to be and adding in all the wrong places. This month really just focused on Skyrim and I am almost done, so that should change this next month. I think this month will be getting back to where I was and August might be another backlog month where I only play the things in my backlog. That knocked out a bunch of goals in March. We'll see.

• Like 3

May -> June

S 33          34    

A 10          10

B 2             2

C 6             7

D 11           12    

E 8             8 

This month was an slow as i had to go on a business trip to dallas for a couple days eating into God of War playing time. I started and plated Skylanders Imaginators which was a game on my Camp wannalotaplatt list so that is slowly being worked on for the deadline in August. On the last day of may i boosted God of War from a E to a D grade. I have added AdVenture Capitalist and Far Cry 3 to my list of games i'm playing. I'm now only one trophy away from the borderlands 2 platinum which is a goal for this year and it will be the 30th plat. Hopefully July picks up a bit so i get to game some more.  

Edited by Niamh5445
  • Like 2

June update:

S rank -              70 - 71            
A rank -              34 - 34          
B rank -               0  - 0            
C rank -               2  - 2             
D rank -               0  - 1            
E rank -               4  - 3            
F rank -               1  - 1            

Completed Star Ocean 3 and got to S rank. Added Star Ocean 4 and currently at D rank. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 10:48 PM, wolverine123 said:

Here's this month's update

E-89-88

D-30-31

C-22-21

B-15-15

A-88-84

S-362-368

70.35% - 70.60%

Played- 606-607

Unearned- 6934-6883

Only started 1 new game this month and that was rainbow skies day before yesterday, that's my new D rank, I'll be playing that till plat then trying to get some more E ranks done. Went and bumped 4 of my A ranks upto S this month. New season of trophy hunters league next month so I'm expecting to play alot of new games.

Slow month for me. Finished rainbow skies, that was all I played for the first 2 1/2 weeks of the month. Got some long games planned for the next 2 months, I'm hoping to be down to 70 E ranks by october. 

E-88-88

D-31-31

C-21-22

B-15-15

A-84-85

S-368-377

70.60% - 71.04%

Played-607-618

Unearned-6883- 6883

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Slow month for me. Finished rainbow skies, that was all I played for the first 2 1/2 weeks of the month. Got some long games planned for the next 2 months, I'm hoping to be down to 70 E ranks by october. 

E-88-88

D-31-31

C-21-22

B-15-15

A-84-85

S-368-377

70.60% - 71.04%

Played-607-618

Unearned-6883- 6883

How did you enjoy Rainbow Skies? I will be playing it for the vita birthday event. 

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution ---> C to A

The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 ---> C to A

Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk ---> New to S

7'Scarlet ---> New to S

Pic a Pix Color ---> New to S

Not as much progress this month, but did knock out getting two older games to A rank bringing me down to 2 B ranks and 3 D ranks and everything else is A or S.  Got my completion up to 92.35% and unearned trophies down to 231.  Right now I'm going to be working on getting those Ds up to A at least.  I'm working on Ateiler Rorona right now.

Still sitting at 14 incomplete games.  I'm pretty close to the plat in Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evo though.  I put aside The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 for now in favor of working on the other stuff.  Pretty much I'm trying to knock out getting the non-A stuff up to A, then I'll work on getting the incompletes down.

• Like 2

@kingofbattle8174 I really enjoyed it. It did get slightly repetitive towards the end. If you liked rainbow moon then you'll like skies. As soon as you unlock fishing I recommend doing it every game day to level it up to save grinding it out later, same with the lottery. Get to battle rank 5 as soon as you can and be sure to fight at least 1 battle on rank 5 to get a key you will need post game, you can then drop the rank to whatever you want. 

I'm gonna go for a fastest achiever on the physical/Asian release eventually, maybe I'll try and find a physical vita copy and use it for vita birthday event also.

Hey everyone. New month, new update. All of your stats should be up to date. Shout out to @wolverine123 , just hit 300 platinums this month. Congratulations. Also, in the OP I linked everyone's stat pages just to make it easier to let you see your stats and if you want to compare to other people (Feel free to look at mine and see how I am failing to keep me accountable).

New Update:

S - 188 => 206 (+18)

A - 26 => 24 (-2)

B - 10 => 9 (-1)

C - 23 => 22 (-1)

D - 11 => 12 (+1)

E - 12 => 12 (+0)

F - 0 => 1 (+1)

Platinums - 178 => 195 (+17)  (Best month ever for this....they might have been easy games, but it is still fun to see the jump.)

Completion - 78.2 => 79.72 (+1.52)

Unearned trophies - 2312 => 2288 (-24)

My goal for this challenge is to remove all D and E grades. Right now that sits at 24 games. So my goal for the next month is to knock out 25% of that. So I want to remove 6 D and E grades (and I am going to get rid of the F grade as well) over the next month to at least a C grade or better.

I should also hit over 200 platinums next month...I have 195 right now. Good luck everyone else.

• Like 2