What was your favourite game of 2017?

DUST3YY__

Did a game really stand out for you? Catch your eye? For myself For Honor was my favourite game of 2017 the combat bought along for me an awesome experience it's just a shame that there is a lot of bugs.                                                       dust3yy.png

Nier: Automata. It made me feel like the creators had read my mind and tailor-made it exclusively to my admittedly warped tastes. It's the type of game where the story sticks with you long after and I can see myself replaying it a lot in years to come. 

Edited by Vrisnem
  • Like 3

Definitely Night In The Woods. A phenomenal game. The story still sticks with me almost a year after it was released and I can see myself replaying it countless times, once I finally get a break from work.

(Horizon Zero Dawn is an honourable mention, though.) 

• Like 1

A tie between The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II and Persona 5. Imo Trails of Cold Steel II for its excellence in storytelling, characterization, emotional impact and awaiting its high anticipated sequels. As for Persona 5 it is a phenomenal JRPG and a game to remember for as long as I live.

• Like 2

For me it was the remake of the Crash Bandicoot trilogy (ignoring the added time trials^^), I enjoyed it even more than Super Mario Odyssey which made me buy a Switch. But I have to admit that so far I have played neither Horizon nor Nier: Automata, so when I get to play those my favourite game of 2017 might change.

• Like 2

I'd have to say Persona 5. It was one of those games I ended up getting withdrawal symptoms from playing, so I had to go back and play it a second time later on in the year. Got the platinum while I was at it.

Super Mario Odyssey was also great, it definitely delivered for me since I had been waiting for a new Sunshine/Galaxy type of game for years. Was a bit disappointed in the length, I completed it before it even officially released (received it in the post 2 days early), and it didn't feel like there was a great deal of side content after completing the main game compared to the Galaxy games.

Was also disappointed to discover that the Moon was basically just a boss rush area after I collected enough moons/stars.

Cuphead is another highlight for me, it was surprisingly addictive for a boss rush type of game. It definitely had that Dark Souls feeling of achievement whenever you defeated a boss.

Overall, it was a pretty good year for games, though I have quite a few 2017 games still sitting in my backlog, I decided to delve more into my older backlog last year.

I've played a lot of great games in 2017, but if I had to pick one it's Persona 5 hands down.

The moment I got it, I got so absorbed by everything in it, from the music, characters, plot, art style and gameplay.

During my first playthrough that went over 2 weeks, I've put in it over 100 hours, which translates to an average of 7 hours/day, despite my regular working schedule of 9AM to 7PM ? from Monday to Friday.

It's been literally ages since a game got me hooked like this!

Nier Automata for me.  It has been a long long time since I played a game and could only think about the next time I get to play it when I was not playing it.  The story, the music, the atmosphere, everything about it was incredible.  Yoko Taro is a genius and I cant wait for his next project

Unfortunately I didn't have time to try out many games this year, but I'd say Nier: Automata would be my favourite game of 2017. Memorable and likeable characters, enjoyable and emotional story, pretty fun game play, atmospheric, and oh man that BEAUTIFUL soundtrack. It was also my first time coming into the Nier series and now I am interested in trying out the previous games. Can't wait for the next entry.

Edited by EAGLEIYZ